Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPool View Post
    Yup same

And did you notice the Gem sales right before locking us out!
    exactly, time to report them to Visa for fraud
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

World
    Ares
    Avast anti-virus software silently flags the download file and causes installation problems. I had almost no problems downloading & installing on my Win10 64-bit machine on the first day, but then it absolutely wouldn't work tonight, on day 2. I finally cleared all TSO files from my drive, disabled the main antivirus for a few minutes, downloaded the TSO file, installed it in the default directory (which didn't create a Client folder), and tried the Play button again, all while Avast was partially-disabled. Boom, no problems. The client files were created as the game loaded. I'm going to go into Avast now to whitelist everything TSO and hope that works. I'm also going to now copy my client.swf file in case this whole thing goes haywire again.

This is so asinine. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Avast had flagged that IDP.Generic bit, which then caused all the installation problems.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    exactly, time to report them to Visa for fraud
    How is that fraud? You can't spend gems? Or they were silly enough to spend gems without knowing things will work? In any case a lot of people complaining about macs in this thread have found other ways to play, i.e. they have a pc they can use or can use bootcamp.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I did not have a problem installing with Avast, but it did try to quarantine it. I would not be surprised if antivirus programs do not play nice with this, and it seems BB is expecting that may happen as well.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I did not have a problem installing with Avast, but it did try to quarantine it. I would not be surprised if antivirus programs do not play nice with this, and it seems BB is expecting that may happen as well.
    I had no problem whatsoever with Nortons. It looked at it and said it was okay.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    How is that fraud? You can't spend gems? Or they were silly enough to spend gems without knowing things will work? In any case a lot of people complaining about macs in this thread have found other ways to play, i.e. they have a pc they can use or can use bootcamp.
    under this logic anyone can play they just have to go buy a new computer. Under bootcamp you have to go buy a new copy of windows 10. Its fraud for not providing service promised. They put a big sale up for Chistmas event after telling us that Mac users will have access with the new download. Which is not true as they didnt even release a version that could possible run for us
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    under this logic anyone can play they just have to go buy a new computer. Under bootcamp you have to go buy a new copy of windows 10. Its fraud for not providing service promised. They put a big sale up for Chistmas event after telling us that Mac users will have access with the new download. Which is not true as they didnt even release a version that could possible run for us
    Actually I believe you can get an 'evaluation copy of windows' for free. Someone that was trying a workaround with linux mentioned that.

This first link is probably the best since it was written in October 2020.

https://machow2.com/install-windows-mac-with-boot-camp/

https://prnt.sc/w6ke8v

https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you...se-windows-10/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...ws%20provision.

And yes buying a new pc isn't unreasonable either considering you probably only need to spend 100 or 200 dollars for one that will run this game. People pay more than that for gems...

I have a pc and I tested the client on the test server and I still haven't bought those gems because I want to make sure I can play the event under load before I do. I can't see why anyone would have rushed to buy those when the sale was up on the 28th - that is just a silly way to manage $.

I actually never thought this game could be addictive - you guys are proving me wrong.

World
    Zeus
    I cannot get in with the new downloadable client either same message over and over even tried to uninstall and reinstall nothing works. even tried to log into different servers same thing. event starts in less than a day and i can't play.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Still can't get in. Event starts tomorrow will we still be out of luck? Why didn't we start this much earlier than days before an event? I didn't need the last mini advent.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    so after testing on a work pc for a few days.. its more stable but normally 5 hr so of play it starts freezing.. refresh and relogin, reload works. however in the background it logs out these forums (even with the game working) which is problematic.
    the second HUGE thing .. is notifications are broken for explorers / geos etc. randomly i get 1 or 2 geo notifies. but otherwise the only way i know an explorer returned is to see him come back alive (star is push pinned ie). or i get an email ding. news tab has no news of him / her returning either.

i havent tested adv'ing etc.. since my work pc is bottom basement, and its res etc aren't nice enough to bother playing for hours.

and again.. (as mentioned in other threads) would like the feature for zooming the window (not the game map) turned back on. its built in to the chrome and many other browser engines.

Reply to Thread