Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlaar7 View Post
    Really BB? You "apologize" for the Mac delay while you "polish" it, but have completely disabled the ability for anyone not using Winblows to be able to play? Genius.
    Yup. It appears that BB basically shut out any non Windows 10 64 bit Windows users, Mac users, Linux users, Steam users, Kongregate users......

And decided to drop the forced download a few days before an event KNOWING a large segment of the players won't be able to play. Honestly don't understand how they can be ok with doing that to so many players right before an event. My brother is on Steam and has like 75 explorers. He can't get on. And no answer to support tickets beyond the generic "we got your ticket" stuff. And I can pretty much guarantee that BB won't give him one to two weeks or more worth of event currency from 75 expos either (he has approx 75 expos). Needless to say my brother is not happy. Esp since he's probably spent over 1k on gems over the years

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Settlers2211 View Post
    They are on Christmas vacation
    Then they should NOT have FORCED the download just days before the event & about a week before Xmas if they knew they wouldn't be around. They should have either held off or released it about 2 weeks sooner so that they'd have a couple weeks to at least help resolve some people getting into the game.

Either that or STOPPED the Xmas event when they noticed how many people could not get into the game. Completely unfair to those that are unable to play

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Either that or STOPPED the Xmas event when they noticed how many people could not get into the game. Completely unfair to those that are unable to play
    That would be unfair to the people who can play to have stopped the xmas event. I don't really understand this thinking, someone else shouldn't enjoy things because you can't?

A lot of people went to some effort in order to play, i.e. set up bootcamp on macs, set up virtual machines on linux. Heck if I was in the situation with using an outdated system I would have just gone and bought a laptop that could play the game for a few hundred dollars if I couldn't afford better. If it wasn't this it would be something else that would be causing issues with that kind of system.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    That would be unfair to the people who can play to have stopped the xmas event. I don't really understand this thinking, someone else shouldn't enjoy things because you can't?

A lot of people went to some effort in order to play, i.e. set up bootcamp on macs, set up virtual machines on linux. Heck if I was in the situation with using an outdated system I would have just gone and bought a laptop that could play the game for a few hundred dollars if I couldn't afford better. If it wasn't this it would be something else that would be causing issues with that kind of system.
    I mostly just meant pause the event (not start it just yet) when over that weekend they saw how many were having issues getting into the game. Obviously since then, some were able to find ways to play. However there are still a LOT that can't. At least several in my guild afaik

As I see it, it's unfair no matter how one slices it. It is unfair to those that can get in, to see the event paused & not be able to play it for a couple weeks or so. But at the same time, unfair to those that can't get in that they miss the event in part or whole because of BB decision to force the client download 3 days before an event. For example, my brother can't play cause he's on Steam & is waiting on BB to unlink his acc from Steam. He has about 75 explorers. And I can almost guarantee that BB isn't gonna offer X number of days worth of event currency for 75 expos. Plus event resources for missed Advent doors, Scenarios etc. However if BB was actually gonna compensate those players appropriately, then I'd have no issues with the event running as normal. I myself am able to play, so it doesn't affect me.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I think they need to do a special make up event for this and for Valentine's when all is said and done. For those who already got everything, great, but for those who missed out, they can have a shot at it. I'd be surprised if the vast majority of people aren't able to play at least some, but no doubt there is a good chunk of players who can't play or whose playtime is being restricted due to operating system or other technical issues.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    ok.. new bug with the client (well i just discovered it)
    got the xmas quest for making gold bars.. soo i figured i'd make sure the gold chain was buffed
    while checkin eco .. i saw that the golden coinage tribute showed unbuffed.. so i clicked it to see.. nope its super glowing... but click it IT doesn't show the buff either.. so nothing shows that its taken and using the buff.. so the buff is wasted

shows its buffed (its top of 3)... but not using buff
    https://snipboard.io/WxMXb0.jpg
    eco shows unbuffed also
    https://snipboard.io/zHQ72M.jpg

coinage tribs (not golden) conversely buff fine
    so update.. now its not buffed at all.. identical output.. so it definitely did NOT use the applied buff on it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    I mostly just meant pause the event (not start it just yet) when over that weekend they saw how many were having issues getting into the game. Obviously since then, some were able to find ways to play. However there are still a LOT that can't. At least several in my guild afaik

As I see it, it's unfair no matter how one slices it. It is unfair to those that can get in, to see the event paused & not be able to play it for a couple weeks or so. But at the same time, unfair to those that can't get in that they miss the event in part or whole because of BB decision to force the client download 3 days before an event. For example, my brother can't play cause he's on Steam & is waiting on BB to unlink his acc from Steam. He has about 75 explorers. And I can almost guarantee that BB isn't gonna offer X number of days worth of event currency for 75 expos. Plus event resources for missed Advent doors, Scenarios etc. However if BB was actually gonna compensate those players appropriately, then I'd have no issues with the event running as normal. I myself am able to play, so it doesn't affect me.
    If your brother had been paying attention though, he would have been unlinked from steam on time. There was a forum post notifying how to migrate from facebook and steam in preparation for this on Dec 11th.

They already stated on the german forum that they are considering extending the event or having a second phase. There would be no compensation you could give players that would be 'fair' to everyone.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    So do I understand that you did put a new client downloadable file, hopefully with ALL the files needed included? If you did, it still doesn't work for me. Will all my island resources AND especially all my gems still be there whenever this UNITY thing is ready? And will I be able to point, install and play on my Windows 10 64 bit? Because I just tried again to download client and launch from the window and same stupid error message as Tarzustto did and I have all leventy-leven times I have tried. I am not tech savvy enough to do workarounds. Do you only want people who understand computers to play, BBs? Not nice.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Out of curiosity, once the game moves to Unity, will those on mobile be able to play?

For example, before the forced download, I was able to access my game via Puffin Browser (it had flash built in). And was able to play that way when I was either too lazy to go on my laptop or if I was travelling & not taking my laptop with me. So I'm just wondering if I'll be able to access my game via my phone once we move over to Unity

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    Out of curiosity, once the game moves to Unity, will those on mobile be able to play?

For example, before the forced download, I was able to access my game via Puffin Browser (it had flash built in). And was able to play that way when I was either too lazy to go on my laptop or if I was travelling & not taking my laptop with me. So I'm just wondering if I'll be able to access my game via my phone once we move over to Unity
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-amp-Unity-FAQ

question is answered in here

Reply to Thread