Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by asdGaming View Post
    I log in with Ubisoft account.
    I am using Windows 7 64 bit version.
    I think there was an issue with Windows 7. Other people weren't able to get the test server version to work with windows 7.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I downloaded the client and was able to open my Ares account. So far, so good.
    Then I tried to use the client to open Newfoundland account. No go. Newfoundland server could not be opened even though I was definitely logged in there.
    Then I tried to open Ares server again. Nothing happened. The client wouldn't respond at all. I had to re-download the client to get back in to Ares server again.

This thing is NOT working! You shouldn't have to reinstall the client every time you start the game. And it should work on all servers. I can play on Ares, but if I have to reinstall every time, it's not much fun. And am completely shut out of Newfoundland server with no idea how to get the client to work there.

World
    Zeus
    i get an error message after install and a message saying my client cant be updated

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I can't get past the client will not update. IE, does not go past step 8.
    Julian

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I think there was an issue with Windows 7. Other people weren't able to get the test server version to work with windows 7.
    My friend from another PC with windows 7 64 bit can access with my account..... so i can't understand why i can't from my home pc
    The os version is the same

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    migrated account...fine
    download app....fine
    app is loading .......never gets to the harmon screen. Screen say "Not Responding".
    Stuck in limbo, no errors

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Is there any way to adjust the size of the UI? When I open the Star menu, it takes up about half the screen and the chat box and avatar leave only a sliver of open screen on the left side.

If your client is hanging/freezing...

leave it alone for about 5 minutes. I was getting hang errors with the test server client, but while I was searching on google for a fix, the test server client started to work. This morning, the game client did the same "not responding" and it was showing that it was stuck in the task manager. I walked off for a cup of coffee and came back to find the game had finished loading.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    oh my, I am having problems doing an adventure - possibly a display issue - I sent the general on attack and/or move them and they are still in the same place. and no refresh ability .

can't get back to my original island now either - this client looks to be having problems under load.

I waited almost 20 minutes for this to work and then had to 'x' out of the game and relog. Please consider adding a refresh/reload function.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by YahWarrior View Post
    migrated account...fine
    download app....fine
    app is loading .......never gets to the harmon screen. Screen say "Not Responding".
    Stuck in limbo, no errors
    it takes awhile - like 5 minutes or so maybe longer if you are switching screen to screen

however, since it appears this client has problems under a load it may take a lot longer - I can't get back to my island from an adventure and see above for problems with doing an adventure. I did an adventure about an hour ago and things worked fine, they aren't now.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Any way to get a version working in Linux? Wine was a bust since it won't download/install Windows browser versions. Go through Steam?

Reply to Thread