Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

We are gathering all the issues reported by you, and forwarding them directly to developers.

1. Steam Players

If you are a Steam user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile from Steam, allowing you to merge into Ubisoft account. Support Team will provide you all the instructions.

2. Client Not Updated

Please check this post.

3. I can't get the client to work on Windows 7:

4. Linux Players

The current client is only working with Windows 64x. However, there are unofficial ways to launch the game on Linux, from our players. For example here.

5. MacOS & 32 Bit Windows users

As we said earlier, MacOS client will be available in early January. We will also update our downloadable client to support Windows 32 bit version. It's also scheduled for January.

You can also find some guides on how to run the client on macOS made by players here.

6. Client Not Responding (Client does not respond)

Please wait, don't click around, after 5-10 minutes the game will load.

7. I have the client installed, but it only sends me to the main page.

Please wait there, in most cases, the request for login/link activation should happen after a few seconds.

8. Application Blocked

You can play e.g. 1-2 days and suddenly it doesn't work anymore, because something was blocked. In this case, you have to go into your specific antivirus programs and see if our application file from the AppRoamind section was blocked. If yes, you have to unblock/allow it. If necessary, switch off the antivirus program for testing. If you can play without an antivirus program, but not with the active one, then a file is blocked.

We want to apologise for these issues, and we are working hard to update our downloadable client, so we can bring everyone back to the game.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 12-22-20 at 02:10 am.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post

2. Client Not Updated

Please note that we do not currently support 32-bit Operating Systems, or MacOS at this time; support will be added in an update in January 2021. You must be running a 64-bit version of Windows to proceed.
    thank you for promising that something was coming for macs over and over again.. that we wouldnt be locked out for the event.. and then completely doing an about face and retracting it.. way to go.. so glad i didnt buy gems like i was going to.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Hello everyone. etc.
    This needs to be posted on the top of this thread, in Bug thread and also on the homepage - apparently not even all forum folks look here.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I found after logging in and clicking the play button that I would get a "download" screen. Someone suggested being patient and waiting. It worked! If you see the news feed after login, click play and wait. Watch your task bar at the bottom of your screen for the settler, it may take a couple min. Shortly after he appears my screen flashes and then shortly a smaller box appears you are then on your way keep being patient.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So no Linux support - being planned? I have a 90 day reprieve right now running W10 in virtual box, but it's only good for 90 days

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

We are gathering all the issues reported by you, and forwarding them directly to developers.

1. Steam Players

If you are a Steam user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile from Steam, allowing you to merge into Ubisoft account. Support Team will provide you all the instructions.

2. Client Not Updated

Please note that we do not currently support 32-bit Operating Systems, or MacOS at this time; support will be added in an update in January 2021. You must be running a 64-bit version of Windows to proceed.

We have identified an issue where a file is missing from the installation, that can be resolved by the following steps:

*Please make sure you've attempted to start the client at least once so that the necessary folders are created
    *Download this file - you may need to right-click the link and choose "Save Link As" depending on your browser: https://static3.cdn.ubi.com/TSO/client.swf
    *Navigate to the following folder on your device: C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Th e Settlers Online\Client
    *Alternatively, you can copy and paste the following into the Windows Explorer search bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online
    *If you see an existing "client.swf" file, please delete it
    *Paste the file you downloaded in Step #1 into the "Client" folder
    *Close the folder and attempt to run the client via the "Play Now" button on the website - please give it 5-10 minutes upon running to allow it to load.

3. I can't get the client to work on Windows 7:

It is possible that you are missing Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=48145
    And possibly also this Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ime-in-windows

4. Linux Players

The current client is only working with Windows 64x. However, there are unofficial ways to launch the game on Linux, from our players. For example here.

5. MacOS & 32 Bit Windows users

As we said earlier, MacOS client will be available in early January. We will also update our downloadable client to support Windows 32 bit version. It's also scheduled for January.

You can also find some guides on how to run the client on macOS made by players here.

6. Client Not Responding (Client does not respond)

Please wait, don't click around, after 5-10 minutes the game will load.

7. I have the client installed, but it only sends me to the main page.

Please wait there, in most cases, the request for login/link activation should happen after a few seconds.

8. Application Blocked

You can play e.g. 1-2 days and suddenly it doesn't work anymore, because something was blocked. In this case, you have to go into your specific antivirus programs and see if our application file from the AppRoamind section was blocked. If yes, you have to unblock/allow it. If necessary, switch off the antivirus program for testing. If you can play without an antivirus program, but not with the active one, then a file is blocked.

We want to apologise for these issues, and we are working hard to update our downloadable client, so we can bring everyone back to the game.

and with the error "something went wrong" ????
    I still have this issue

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'm having the error too. I have 64-bit, tried 2 different browsers, uninstalled and then reinstall the program, replaced the swf file, and even just sat around awhile hoping for a change.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by asdGaming View Post
    and with the error "something went wrong" ????
    I still have this issue
    According to German forums, this could be caused if your Ubisoft account is not verified, so you should check your maiboxl or send mail again through the forums My Profile section.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Remei View Post
    According to German forums, this could be caused if your Ubisoft account is not verified, so you should check your maiboxl or send mail again through the forums My Profile section.
    No, my friend from another pc with my account can access the game with no error.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by asdGaming View Post
    No, my friend from another pc with my account can access the game with no error.
    Then look here, has extra info regarding that error: https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...296#post295296

Reply to Thread