Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist1981 View Post
    Perfect BB, I cannot even install the app. it is loading but then when I try to install the app, I have an error message saying: "error opening file for writing". I had no problem a week ago on test server and today I have the same error message with test server.
    Chem, uninstall the test server app before installing this new one. For me was automatically (i got a message asking me to uninstall it), but maybe you have to do it manually, dunno.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I did it before installing the new one and it did not work

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Nice explanation page, which I tried to follow several times, however in German, which does not help me at all. Could you post with English?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Anyone having issues make sure you have the right folder under windows/users/(whatever your comp is called)/AppData/local/Ubisoft you should have a folder called The Settlers Online in the folder it should look like this https://prnt.sc/w5q82g then open the folder Client and replace the client.swf file then reboot and try app again....I helped someone earlier who didnt have the client folder for what ever reason when it was installed hence why i said to check what is in the screen shot to the files you have to make sure they all installed
    the client subfolder gets created after you push the play now, but it didn't create the client.swf file and the folder structure looks similar to the sets of folders one level up

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i was having the problem "your client could not be updated" the whole yesterday...i fixed it finally by changing the path to c/users/salman(you will have your username here), i am using windows10 64 bit...i will try to make a video for you guys...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Remei View Post
    See the possible solution from German forums I posted in Technical Section.
    well it gets me a lot further, it is a little tricky figuring out how to download the file when you don't read german though. it did lock up on laod creen and part of screen is in german but it tried to load game at least.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by wordslinger2 View Post
    well it gets me a lot further, it is a little tricky figuring out how to download the file when you don't read german though. it did lock up on laod creen and part of screen is in german but it tried to load game at least.
    after waiting at the lockup spot it finally loaded

World
    Ares
    I didn't have any problem downloading and installing, and the game seems to be running just fine. BUT the chat module text is tiny as are all the game windows. Is there a game setting that would enlarge the chat module and the in-game windows like quests, inventory, etc? Especially one that doesn't require me to reset my PC to a larger size?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This game can be so much fun, and also be so frustrating!
    The Christmas event looked fun and promising!
    But alas, I ramble. Follow all the instructions and the game wont open.
    Downloaded the client, installed it, get back to the Play Now button, and get the message:
    'Your client could not be updated!'
    Please make sure... you know the message.

So BB, are we going to get to play? Or is it time to find another game?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Sr View Post
    This game can be so much fun, and also be so frustrating!
    The Christmas event looked fun and promising!
    But alas, I ramble. Follow all the instructions and the game wont open.
    Downloaded the client, installed it, get back to the Play Now button, and get the message:
    'Your client could not be updated!'
    Please make sure... you know the message.

So BB, are we going to get to play? Or is it time to find another game?
    choose the installation location to your user folder like, c:/users/salman(your username on pc), it worked for me, i had the same issue

Reply to Thread