Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    German forum has *184* pages of comment in about problems. sheesh.

I might try a re-install somewhere else. The instant unexpected kernel mode trap crash is something I've never seen on this computer before, since installing win 10 back when win 10 first started, it's too much of a co-incidence that it just happened along the moment I installed the client.

Since it makes that crash even if I just try to open the directory that the client was installed in, there's no chance of trying any fix like copying in someone else's swf file.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I kept getting the "cant update error" and then clicked on it directly and ran as admin.. started up for me.... I dont see the logic in releasing a stand alone 3 days before an event.... from what Im seeing the stand alone runs heavy on mem usage.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well, I gave it one last shot, uninstalled, downloaded again (now I have 3 copies) and installed to a different disk drive just in case, after running a memory test on the machine.

EXACTLY the same instant UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP crash instantly I try to launch, or even look in the folder it's installed in. Too many coincidences now for it not to be the client itself causing that, so I guess I'm out at least over christmas and a dunno if I'll have the faith to get back in if the promised unity version ever actually shows.

It's been nice knowing you, the ones I know.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Still getting the "download" screen even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    hi this is a copy and paste with the google translate this works for me and maybe ll work for someone else too

Instructions for "Client could not be updated" - created by QuaYeR
    Instructions from QuaYer.
    german link

QuoteQuote by QuaYeR View post
    I've finally read all the posts ...

Important, please read!

0:

Foreword

The client only works on a 64-bit system.
    A macOS client is expected to come sometime in January.
    There is no official Linux client ( instructions for playing on Linux anyway)

1:

Client could not be updated.

If you are affected by this error, download this file: https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=dFjnvCfo

and paste it into this folder: C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Ubisoft \ The Settlers Online \ Client

The AppData folder is hidden by default.
    So that you don't have to make any settings so that it is displayed, here are a few instructions:

Copy the path given above and paste it into the address bar of Windows Explorer (for example when you open My Computer).
    Swaps the user with your Windows username (this is displayed when you call up the Windows start menu).

Then press Enter and you land in the directory. (If this path does not exist, please follow point 2)

Then paste the file (right click on the client.swf and copy or cut and paste it in the directory with a right click).

The higher-level folder should look like this:

2:

Installation

To avoid further errors, I do not recommend the clientto a user-defined location but to use the standard path that is specified during installation (C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Ubisoft \ The Settlers Online).

3:

Deinstallation

If you deinstall the client, please do this via the Uninstall.exe and not via the installation of the new client.
    So first start Uninstall.exe and then the installation of the new client, otherwise an error message may appear.

4:

Error message: api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll or api-ms-win-core-processthreads-I1-1-1.dll or similar

required for the client to work on Windows 7 you still have further software or updates.

It is possible that you are missing Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/down....aspx?id=48145
    And possibly also this Windows update: here

5:

Problem: No response

Simply leave the client running in the foreground.
    It can take some time to continue

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    what is the answer to this i cann t get on ether

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have a chrome laptop, I can not download the client.. Need help when I can play again.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by simonthecat View Post
    I am on MAC, so I can't play again until January? I cannot install an .exe file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so im officially locked outta the game on my mac.... when i hit play now.. i get 'download' the client. which of course is only for the pc... good job bb
    Yup same

And did you notice the Gem sales right before locking us out!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer
    BB_Traffer,
    Did you really expect happy comments?
    I did what the instructions say, and it doesn't work. Bad form.
    Furthermore, It has been two days of comments about this not working and no response from any BB or admin? Bad form.
    Turned in a support ticket like I was instructed to do, and no response still. Bad form!
    At least respond somehow!

Happy responding!
    Ernest_Sr

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Sr View Post
    BB_Traffer,
    Did you really expect happy comments?
    I did what the instructions say, and it doesn't work. Bad form.
    Furthermore, It has been two days of comments about this not working and no response from any BB or admin? Bad form.
    Turned in a support ticket like I was instructed to do, and no response still. Bad form!
    At least respond somehow!

Happy responding!
    Ernest_Sr
    agree no replies from forum BB or support tickets here either. Must all be off for Christmas break
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Reply to Thread