Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    ok.. new bug with the client (well i just discovered it)
    got the xmas quest for making gold bars.. soo i figured i'd make sure the gold chain was buffed
    while checkin eco .. i saw that the golden coinage tribute showed unbuffed.. so i clicked it to see.. nope its super glowing... but click it IT doesn't show the buff either.. so nothing shows that its taken and using the buff.. so the buff is wasted

shows its buffed (its top of 3)... but not using buff
    https://snipboard.io/WxMXb0.jpg
    eco shows unbuffed also
    https://snipboard.io/zHQ72M.jpg

coinage tribs (not golden) conversely buff fine
    Have you tried logging out of the game entirely and then back in - sometimes those buffs actually exist even though they aren't showing.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Have you tried logging out of the game entirely and then back in - sometimes those buffs actually exist even though they aren't showing.
    yes... no change.. buffed and glowing.. no benefit

new one... i was playin. no real issues.. opened xmas spirit adv (2nd one i had).. variant b. ok.. went to visit.. client window closed itself.

restarted - played the adv, deleted a few res, and a re-built some.. it stole 169 live peoples (over all pop is fine.. )... and then i clicked ok on gq.. poof client closed itself again.. nice
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 12-24-20 at 07:05 am. Reason: double post x3

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    client hangs today when loading.. replaced the client.swf file ... same thing

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Client crashed twice today - once when i went to click ok on guild quest.. poof window closed... then when i went to go to adv - xmas spirit .. poof window closed.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    So even with a new client, you are still unable to start and end an adventure or quest without a reboot....

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPlayer View Post
    So even with a new client, you are still unable to start and end an adventure or quest without a reboot....
    Depends on how long you take to finish an adventure and how long the game has been open. Almost all the problems happening in game are preventable if you log off and back on every few hours I find. There is a memory leak happening and after awhile what you are doing, i.e. moving generals, applying buffs, etc seems to disappear.

I have been doing 6 adventures a day with this new client and I don't run into problems IF I restart the game before I do a series of them.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    It was working for me for 3 days. Now it won't load up. No error messages or anything.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    As a new player I am very frustrated with this new client. I am well aware that any change is not easy but this is ridiculous. Uninstall & reinstall all day long and still no success. Logging a ticket with support is useless as all you get is the auto-reply and nothing else.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CitySlickerSA View Post
    As a new player I am very frustrated with this new client. I am well aware that any change is not easy but this is ridiculous. Uninstall & reinstall all day long and still no success. Logging a ticket with support is useless as all you get is the auto-reply and nothing else.

You shouldn't have to do that. Try turning off your virus scanner when you are installing it. Although, you are from South Africa, I think there was some mention of problems with overseas as well in the big thread.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Also of note, if you can't get back into the game after having it open, then open your Task Manager and end the "The Settlers Online.exe" process. I've noticed that most times when I close the game, it does not end the process automatically.

Reply to Thread