Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I somehow had it work yesterday. I did literally the same thing today, and it doesn't work again. I guess I'm joining the giant list of people that will need to quit the game. I guess that's one way of handling Flash leaving, "create" something that removes half the player in one swoop, then watch the rest fade away over 2021.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    new client will not load so I can't play anymore

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    Avast anti-virus software silently flags the download file and causes installation problems. I had almost no problems downloading & installing on my Win10 64-bit machine on the first day, but then it absolutely wouldn't work tonight, on day 2. I finally cleared all TSO files from my drive, disabled the main antivirus for a few minutes, downloaded the TSO file, installed it in the default directory (which didn't create a Client folder), and tried the Play button again, all while Avast was partially-disabled. Boom, no problems. The client files were created as the game loaded. I'm going to go into Avast now to whitelist everything TSO and hope that works. I'm also going to now copy my client.swf file in case this whole thing goes haywire again.

This is so asinine. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Avast had flagged that IDP.Generic bit, which then caused all the installation problems.
    When Avast flags the IDP.Generic it should give an option to create an exception for that individual file.
    (I did and haven't had a problem with Avast since.)

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

World
    Zeus
    I have tried to get the email with the link to allow me to migrate my account from facebook to Ubisoft and 2 days later, still waiting on that email. I can't get into the game using my facebook login and can't migrate my account without that email. This is just so typical of BB. Why would they implement this 3 days before event starting? Why wouldn't they do this 2 weeks BEFORE the event? I sent them many requests on information on how to migrate my account from facebook to the ubisoft login over the past 2 years and not once ever got a response back to my query. Now suddenly I am required to migrate my account 3 days before an event and waiting for this stupid email in order to do so. I am gonna be extremely p*ssed off if I lose play time during the event and miss out on merch. I am already annoyed beyond belief by this idiotic timing and ignorance on BB's behalf. If I actually ever manage to get back into this game, it will be a very very long time before I spend a single penny on this game again, IF EVER.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    A Post That I Found!

Dear Settlers, With Halloween approaching, we also want to give you another update on the future of TSO. It is time to finally reveal the technology we have chosen: Unity! The Unity engine is one of the most renowned and esteemed game engines on the market right now and fulfils all our main requirements. It is a long-lasting technology that will allow us to continue developing and improving the game in the future.

It has a huge community and provides us with many development opportunities in the long run. And most importantly, it will allow all players to continue playing the game directly in their browser! But porting the huge game The Settlers Online has become over the last decade to this technology is an immense endeavour. Although we started the development quite some time ago, the Unity version will not be ready right at the beginning of 2021.

This means that we will have to bridge roughly the first three months of 2021 with a different technology. We will use a Flash-based, downloadable client to achieve this. We know this is not ideal, but we dearly hope you will make the change together with us. We have lived and played through a lot of Settler lives together and wish to continue our journey with you for the years to come.

There are many steps to take to complete this epic adventure. We will update you frequently on the progress and provide you with a timeline of what is to come soon. We also know that a lot of you will have questions right now and we want to answer a few important ones immediately. You will be able to continue playing on your current island and you will keep all your possessions! We will not change the Art Style to a 3D look or change the game completely. No, the game will stay our beloved TSO!

Stay tuned for further exciting updates and let us know your thoughts here!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    I somehow had it work yesterday. I did literally the same thing today, and it doesn't work again. I guess I'm joining the giant list of people that will need to quit the game. I guess that's one way of handling Flash leaving, "create" something that removes half the player in one swoop, then watch the rest fade away over 2021.
    I have found restarting the actual PC to be helpful when it appears it is not working. Or you could just walk away and come back in 15 minutes and it may be up. It is almost like there is a display problem with the game in that actions are happening but for some reason it isn't displaying they are.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The game is not as addictive as the friendships some have made within guild etc. I think that is what a lot of the panic is about. Still, Ubisoft will be dealing with some pretty bad press for a long time over this. Once again, I do not want to have to do a bunch of technical stuff to play a game. The developers are supposed to work their bottoms off to make games user friendly. Huge fail with this one.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillibeth View Post
    The game is not as addictive as the friendships some have made within guild etc. I think that is what a lot of the panic is about. Still, Ubisoft will be dealing with some pretty bad press for a long time over this. Once again, I do not want to have to do a bunch of technical stuff to play a game. The developers are supposed to work their bottoms off to make games user friendly. Huge fail with this one.
    exactly I miss my guildmates. i talked to them daily about our lives ect.
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Originally posted in another thread, I am copying here ...

... As a Win7 32 bit user, I am sitting here looking at my (excitedly prioritized) list of things I had planned to get from the Christmas merchant. I can't believe so many of us are all locked out of the game as the event begins .. and not a single word from BB. Hopefully, there is a speedy solution in the works.

I checked Harman website .. a Samsung Company (partnered with Adobe since 2006) - here's a snip or two from the landing page:

"​​Adobe Flash Player will no longer be supported by Adobe or by any standard browsers beyond 2020. However, if the enterprise customers require Flash Player, then HARMAN will be able to offer them a solution that combines the regular Flash Player with customer’s SWF application. This will allow for a useful stop-gap for existing applications to continue to be used with little or no modifications, whilst long term plans for migration away from the Flash content are put into action.

HARMAN also offers alternative deployment and licensing models for Flash Player, for companies wishing to embed Flash Player into their own hardware or software products.

​HARMAN’s partnership with Adobe started in 2006, although prior to this HARMAN had already been working on the integration of the Macromedia Flash Player onto Symbian-based mobile devices. HARMAN had been a key system integration partner within the Open Screen Project and also continued to work on the integration, extension and optimization of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for many customers in domains including automotive, digital home and consumer electronics.

During our continued partnership, HARMAN provided over 33 million licenses for the Adobe software across embedded platforms such as Linux, Windows and Android and on chipsets including 32- and 64-bit ARM, Intel and MIPS architectures. Now that Adobe are transitioning the ongoing support and maintenance of AIR, HARMAN is looking forward to working with the AIR developer ecosystem to drive the success of this cross-platform framework."

[ source: https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe ]

I am not techno enough to efficiently understand all this, but .. does this give us any hope? Perhaps BB will suddenly re-appear as quickly as they disappeared, and take whatever steps they need to, so that we all can return to our game and participate in the much-anticipated Christmas event.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope_Jeyne View Post
    Originally posted in another thread, I am copying here ...

... As a Win7 32 bit user, I am sitting here looking at my (excitedly prioritized) list of things I had planned to get from the Christmas merchant. I can't believe so many of us are all locked out of the game as the event begins .. and not a single word from BB. Hopefully, there is a speedy solution in the works.

I checked Harman website .. a Samsung Company (partnered with Adobe since 2006) - here's a snip or two from the landing page:

"​​Adobe Flash Player will no longer be supported by Adobe or by any standard browsers beyond 2020. However, if the enterprise customers require Flash Player, then HARMAN will be able to offer them a solution that combines the regular Flash Player with customer’s SWF application. This will allow for a useful stop-gap for existing applications to continue to be used with little or no modifications, whilst long term plans for migration away from the Flash content are put into action.

HARMAN also offers alternative deployment and licensing models for Flash Player, for companies wishing to embed Flash Player into their own hardware or software products.

​HARMAN’s partnership with Adobe started in 2006, although prior to this HARMAN had already been working on the integration of the Macromedia Flash Player onto Symbian-based mobile devices. HARMAN had been a key system integration partner within the Open Screen Project and also continued to work on the integration, extension and optimization of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for many customers in domains including automotive, digital home and consumer electronics.

During our continued partnership, HARMAN provided over 33 million licenses for the Adobe software across embedded platforms such as Linux, Windows and Android and on chipsets including 32- and 64-bit ARM, Intel and MIPS architectures. Now that Adobe are transitioning the ongoing support and maintenance of AIR, HARMAN is looking forward to working with the AIR developer ecosystem to drive the success of this cross-platform framework."

[ source: https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe ]

I am not techno enough to efficiently understand all this, but .. does this give us any hope? Perhaps BB will suddenly re-appear as quickly as they disappeared, and take whatever steps they need to, so that we all can return to our game and participate in the much-anticipated Christmas event.
    That is exactly what they are using. And if you check this thread, there are posts indicating the 32bit and mac versions are expected to be available in early jan

Reply to Thread