Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Chat Window and Text

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Tiny Chat Window and Text

Since the game change, my chat window and text are very small.
    Several others have the same issue, and yet some do not.
    Is there a way to make the text normal size again?

edit: it's not just chat, it's the trade window, the star menu, the player menu, the drop-down menu under the avatar, mail window, economy overview, building menu, and merchant, pretty much everything except my island got smaller.
    I have tried changing settings in my computer and reloading the game to no avail.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Same issue.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    sadly, they have not programmed .. or . opened. the feature of zooming / unzooming the window of the browser (not the game map .. the entire window).. this is proving an issue to any one who wants their browser slightly different from their native resolution. (personally i normally shrink it cause my work app requires me to zoom my windows resolution in..)

hopefully, they'll hear us and open this feature up for use to use.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Since the game change, my chat window and text are very small.
    Several others have the same issue, and yet some do not.
    Is there a way to make the text normal size again?

edit: it's not just chat, it's the trade window, the star menu, the player menu, the drop-down menu under the avatar, mail window, economy overview, building menu, and merchant, pretty much everything except my island got smaller.
    I have tried changing settings in my computer and reloading the game to no avail.
    Same here. I have the pc at recommended resolution, and sizes. If I reset the PC just so I can read Settler UI windows, most everything else will be way outsized. Didn't anyone in the test phase give actual feedback on tech problems, or did that feedback just get ignored? Game is annoying when you get a headache just trying to read quest requirements.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Same here. I have the pc at recommended resolution, and sizes. If I reset the PC just so I can read Settler UI windows, most everything else will be way outsized. Didn't anyone in the test phase give actual feedback on tech problems, or did that feedback just get ignored? Game is annoying when you get a headache just trying to read quest requirements.
    I was on the test server testing this and I didn't have a problem, still don't. There was no change from the previous version for me at all. Am playing Windows 10.

Did you give feedback on this when you were testing it? I actually didn't see anyone complaining about this issue on the test server forum.

Here is how mine looks. That is I believe a 14-16 font size being used in chat which is typical for games.

https://prnt.sc/w6gpdt

and with the quest text - plenty large enough

https://prnt.sc/w6gtp8

maybe it would help if you posted what you are seeing

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Narasn, I did not go on test server this time due to hectic real life and limited time.
    I can tell you mine used to be the same as in your screenshots, but is now more like size 8 font.
    I also have windows 10. As stated in original post, some people are affected and some are not, like moist of the glitches here.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Narasn, I did not go on test server this time due to hectic real life and limited time.
    I can tell you mine used to be the same as in your screenshots, but is now more like size 8 font.
    I also have windows 10. As stated in original post, some people are affected and some are not, like moist of the glitches here.
    I was addressing coffeecat about the test server since he was claimed no one tested or reported tech issues - hard to report something most of us didn't experience.

Finding a common denominator between the people who have this problem and those that don't will be helpful for them to fix it though.

Also if you can share a screen shot of what you are looking at that will be helpful as well.

I am using a normal monitor (i.e not 4k) and vnidia graphic card. I used chrome browser.

I don't know what else could be causing such a difference to be honest unless you had your browser adjusted to increase the size and then had your island zoomed out more than normal before. Using this, you should be able to tell still because it will be the same as what you had it before it you open another tab. Mine was always 100%

https://prnt.sc/w6j6ey

My monitor settings are this.

https://prnt.sc/w6j8pc

World
    Ares
    I am not much help as a beta tester so I didn't test it. I don't play enough to be much help. Not sure if this captures:
    https://prnt.sc/w6vhga

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I set my monitor at 125% because I find the 100% annoyingly small. I hadn't noticed a difference between the client and the browser.

You could try changing the high DPI settings to System instead of Application under Compatibility and see if that does anything. Alternatively, use something like Magnifier. It's a little cumbersome, but functional. An alternative like ZoomIt is probably more user friendly.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    I am not much help as a beta tester so I didn't test it. I don't play enough to be much help. Not sure if this captures:
    https://prnt.sc/w6vhga
    That looks normal, you must have had your browser adjusted to a high magnification and this download doesn't allow that.

Reply to Thread