Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Error with the new client - Something went wrong

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Error with the new client - Something went wrong

I installed the client (on windows 7 64 bit); then after login, with firefox/chrome i click on play

Here i get the following error

I can't see any loading window before.

@develop: Fell free to contact me throught forum, forum message(private), mail, etc......

I am a computer programmer, not a newbie, so i think i can help you to understand the problem faster.....

SUGGESTION
    In the next release of the client instead of "Something went wrong" please popup an error number, or the cause of the error

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I get the same message. I even tried to do it all again and still the same message. Unlike the above person computers are not my thing so please make simple for me

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by asdGaming View Post
    I installed the client (on windows 7 64 bit); then after login, with firefox/chrome i click on play

Here i get the following error

I can't see any loading window before.

@develop: Fell free to contact me throught forum, forum message(private), mail, etc......

I am a computer programmer, not a newbie, so i think i can help you to understand the problem faster.....

SUGGESTION
    In the next release of the client instead of "Something went wrong" please popup an error number, or the cause of the error
    I did the download and the screen went back to the above screen with the exception that there was no "something went wrong" part. Still can not log in though.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I got this vague error as well when exiting the game. Don't know why. Didn't seem to actually be a problem in my case.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    not working after download. Not responding message. And in German, what gives?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderArgus View Post
    not working after download. Not responding message. And in German, what gives?
    Is the client opening and trying to load the game at least? If thats the message, it could be still working - took me 15 minutes to load the game in the client, while it was mostly "not responding". The initial load could be like that, next time it should be faster.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    There is no error number. Mine doesn't have the "Something went wrong" It just says "Your client could not be updated." But other than that same message.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonker3 View Post
    There is no error number. Mine doesn't have the "Something went wrong" It just says "Your client could not be updated." But other than that same message.
    In German forums, they solve it like this (orig thread: https://forum.diesiedleronline.de/th...#post1766241):

1. Download the file from here: https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=dFjnvCfo
    2. Put it into folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client

It seems to be supported by mods and community, but if you dont want to download and install strange files, you can always wait for some official solution by BB.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Took 5 tries this am to sign on, received the new client and played for bit.

Trying to sign-on for the past 15 min.

Get to Ubisoft, then nothing, hangs there. Have tried 3 times, always the same.

Am thinking of pressing "download" once again. YIKES!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Logged in twice today. I just got the above error when attempting to log in. tried to refresh, download again, no solution. Looks like a random error\
    Continued log-in failure.
    You attempt to load a program on Friday, experience problems and fail to fix the issues. Is anyone working on the week-end? does not seem like it.
    Then you start an event Monday with major unresolved issues.
    A perfect storm to drive customers away.

Reply to Thread