Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what happened to my game? Can't play on mac anymore. :(

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Would like to see the event postponed until all of us can play.

Mac mini since 2011

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    They've barely gotten it ready in time for Windows, with a lot of issues for some, which I assume is what over 90% of players use. Perhaps the "surprise event" before going live is a make up event for everybody who gets screwed over during the next couple of months.
    From what Ive been hearing windows may only be about 50% and of that 50% there are alot of bit 32 players that are in the same boat. so they only looked into fixing it for windows 10 players on 64 bit
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'd be careful of doing chargebacks with these gaming companies (or any company without at least first attempting to resolve the issue with them directly... not cool). They are likely to permanently ban you. I'm not saying this is right, but it is the sort of reaction you can expect. If it's just TSO and you don't think you'll be able to play again, maybe you won't care. If you play or plan to play other games with them, you're probably losing more than you're gaining. I only have a couple dozen games on Connect myself, so it's not like getting banned from Steam, but it's still a good amount of content and they normally give at least a couple freebies a year (old but still good).
    No one is answering tickets either, I did exactly that as I have 77000 gems ready for christmas event. thats 400$ worth of gems at current largest package pricing

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    From what Ive been hearing windows may only be about 50% and of that 50% there are alot of bit 32 players that are in the same boat. so they only looked into fixing it for windows 10 players on 64 bit
    What is the other 50%? Surely not Mac or Linux. I could see maybe mobile. I myself play daily on mobile, but only for little things. I couldn't see regularly doing anything like adventuring on mobile, but it's useful for sending explorers or making books or when the PC version isn't responding. Windows 32-bit is pretty close to its deathbed, though functional, it's just not supported because hardly anybody uses it. Steam's hardware survey puts it at 0.35%. Of course, that's probably a more US-centric number, and the market that really matters for TSO is Germany, but I couldn't imagine the Germans being that far behind.

I'd be surprised if they were ignoring more than half of their market. I wouldn't be surprised if they were ignoring or at least putting on the backburner 10%. Granted, since we have known about this for years, it would be nice if it weren't rolled out at the last possible minute.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    What is the other 50%? Surely not Mac or Linux. I could see maybe mobile. I myself play daily on mobile, but only for little things. I couldn't see regularly doing anything like adventuring on mobile, but it's useful for sending explorers or making books or when the PC version isn't responding. Windows 32-bit is pretty close to its deathbed, though functional, it's just not supported because hardly anybody uses it. Steam's hardware survey puts it at 0.35%. Of course, that's probably a more US-centric number, and the market that really matters for TSO is Germany, but I couldn't imagine the Germans being that far behind.

I'd be surprised if they were ignoring more than half of their market. I wouldn't be surprised if they were ignoring or at least putting on the backburner 10%. Granted, since we have known about this for years, it would be nice if it weren't rolled out at the last possible minute.
    Alot more Mac Users than people think. Maybe Windows is 60%
    But l Was surprised myself how many Linux user there are,
    So Mac, Chrome book, Steam client, Linux would make up at least 40% add Mindows 32 bit to that and now the percent of players the fix was for really drops to maybe 35-40% of the players.
    In my guild I was amazed at how few people were on windows 10 PC playing the game, as the topic came up in guild chat.

So think about it this way they made a fix for a operating System that was not even out when this game was released. But ignored all OS systems that existed when the game was released

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Wink

Hi to my fellow guildies and everyone else especially all my friends :-) I have tried to the point of exhaustion over and over to get in. I will not give up - I will keep trying everyday but it is not looking good.

I am not sure if I will ever get in but if I can't .... I want you to know that I love you all. This is sad and not well thought out my friends but it is what it is. I designed and developed computer systems for years. Planning was a very important part before implementation. Missing the Christmas event will be sad but just to get back in would be an option.

I have many friends who I treasure... and Domes - if you read this - I hope everything is going great. You are a great friend and I hope to come back but if I can't I wish you everything wonderful. Tell Leo Hi for me.

Hoping for the best, MA

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by sjvert View Post
    Would like to see the event postponed until all of us can play.

Mac mini since 2011
    They already stated on the german forum they won't be postponing it but they may extend it or have a phase two. I have no idea why you would want to take away the event from others who are expecting it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabby View Post
    To anyone who recently bought gems and now cannot play, I wouldn't expect a refund from Ubi. I would go straight to my credit card company and do a chargeback. Services NOT rendered.
    Unity is going to support all most everything - I wouldn't be burning my bridges which is what you usually end up doing when you start with charge backs.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    As I use Mac and Windows clients it's a little bit disapointing that i need to use a bigger Win PC then a Macbook Air on the couch! But i play on a german world and a american world and I can't start 2 clients at the same time. So whats with taht?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Equal footing is not taking it away.

Closed Thread