Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what happened to my game? Can't play on mac anymore. :(

Settler
    World
    Zeus

what happened to my game? Can't play on mac anymore. :(

So I wanted to log in today on my mac and booom, just like that game is finished for me. I was hoping to be able to play the Christmas event till at least December 31, but I guess you decided otherwise. WOW! that was kinda mean you Grinches......

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The Mac version is supposed to be available in January, so maybe toward the end of the event. I don't get why they pulled the plug on the website entirely.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    they had no intention of a mac version. Otherwise it would of been on test server. All they had was a download for PC as an .exe file which tells me right there they had no plans for us. Thank you for lying to us just long enough until you rolled out a system we cant complain about in game since you banned us all
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    they had no intention of a mac version. Otherwise it would of been on test server. All they had was a download for PC as an .exe file which tells me right there they had no plans for us. Thank you for lying to us just long enough until you rolled out a system we cant complain about in game since you banned us all
    non mac players are complaining for you

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    They've barely gotten it ready in time for Windows, with a lot of issues for some, which I assume is what over 90% of players use. Perhaps the "surprise event" before going live is a make up event for everybody who gets screwed over during the next couple of months.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I fear this will be the end of TSO. I live in hope that some functional solution will show up after the weekend.

Seriously though, extremely poor show - with YEARS of warning you only decide on a long-term solution so late that it can't be implemented, and 14 pages-and-counting of comment on the interim "client" thread show how well that is working.

To all my friends on TSO (especially but not exclusively NOPE), if I don't make it back, it's been great playing with you all over the last 4 years or so. I'll miss it.

Just glad I never pulled the trigger on that gem offer, that'd have been more money down the drain. Chances are by the time I get back on, IF I do, that offer will be expired and one thing is likely is that BB/Ubi aren't gonna be generous where money is concerned

World
    Ares
    bad planning, bad timing.
    very disappointing. i will miss most of the event. Don't know why I should even bother. Maybe it's better to find something else to do.
    Whence comest thou?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewelyn1966 View Post
    I fear this will be the end of TSO. I live in hope that some functional solution will show up after the weekend.

Seriously though, extremely poor show - with YEARS of warning you only decide on a long-term solution so late that it can't be implemented, and 14 pages-and-counting of comment on the interim "client" thread show how well that is working.

To all my friends on TSO (especially but not exclusively NOPE), if I don't make it back, it's been great playing with you all over the last 4 years or so. I'll miss it.

Just glad I never pulled the trigger on that gem offer, that'd have been more money down the drain. Chances are by the time I get back on, IF I do, that offer will be expired and one thing is likely is that BB/Ubi aren't gonna be generous where money is concerned
    To anyone who recently bought gems and now cannot play, I wouldn't expect a refund from Ubi. I would go straight to my credit card company and do a chargeback. Services NOT rendered.
    Proud leader of Eden, where everyone is accepted and respected, regardless of playing level. Write me for a free membership!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'd be careful of doing chargebacks with these gaming companies (or any company without at least first attempting to resolve the issue with them directly... not cool). They are likely to permanently ban you. I'm not saying this is right, but it is the sort of reaction you can expect. If it's just TSO and you don't think you'll be able to play again, maybe you won't care. If you play or plan to play other games with them, you're probably losing more than you're gaining. I only have a couple dozen games on Connect myself, so it's not like getting banned from Steam, but it's still a good amount of content and they normally give at least a couple freebies a year (old but still good).

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by supermind View Post
    So I wanted to log in today on my mac and booom, just like that game is finished for me. I was hoping to be able to play the Christmas event till at least December 31, but I guess you decided otherwise. WOW! that was kinda mean you Grinches......
    I dig out my old laptop with windows 10, could not make it work, so GOODBYE settlers world, was nice playing with everyone!

Closed Thread