Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Done with the game

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Done with the game

I QUIT. Thanks BB’s for great work..

Have a happy holidays , great Christmas and new year. Be safe. Take care...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    having same issue. slim client will not load

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    A Post That I found!

Dear Settlers, With Halloween approaching, we also want to give you another update on the future of TSO. It is time to finally reveal the technology we have chosen: Unity! The Unity engine is one of the most renowned and esteemed game engines on the market right now and fulfils all our main requirements. It is a long-lasting technology that will allow us to continue developing and improving the game in the future.

It has a huge community and provides us with many development opportunities in the long run. And most importantly, it will allow all players to continue playing the game directly in their browser! But porting the huge game The Settlers Online has become over the last decade to this technology is an immense endeavour. Although we started the development quite some time ago, the Unity version will not be ready right at the beginning of 2021.

This means that we will have to bridge roughly the first three months of 2021 with a different technology. We will use a Flash-based, downloadable client to achieve this. We know this is not ideal, but we dearly hope you will make the change together with us. We have lived and played through a lot of Settler lives together and wish to continue our journey with you for the years to come.

There are many steps to take to complete this epic adventure. We will update you frequently on the progress and provide you with a timeline of what is to come soon. We also know that a lot of you will have questions right now and we want to answer a few important ones immediately. You will be able to continue playing on your current island and you will keep all your possessions! We will not change the Art Style to a 3D look or change the game completely. No, the game will stay our beloved TSO!

Stay tuned for further exciting updates and let us know your thoughts here!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    My take from that was "uh-oh we should've started 6 months ago". Today, I see a happy hour to add further insult. I wouldn't mind so much if the promised client had showed up working, but even PC users are having loads of issues (in my case it crashes the whole thing, for reason I'm not yet able to track down) and the promised Mac installer is nowhere in sight.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Settlers2211 View Post

Nope you're not allowed to quit!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Settlers2211, don't leave. I am sure they will eventually have client for mac users. . . . someday
    Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of others.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Settlers2211 View Post

Cool, see you again in January

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I would be there if I could but the "client" still insta-kills my PC. Can't work out why and it appears nobody else has that particular issue so i see no hope of BB fixing it.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am also in this sinking ship lol... At least I have company and we don't even have to wear masks! I have tried everything they suggest and tried repeatedly every day. *sigh

I won't give up because keeping fingers crossed that January might bring " BB MIRACLES"

In case I never get back in --- all my love to my guildies and friends ... I will miss you all more than a Christmas Event -- you are what is really important !! Until then....

MA

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    doesn't make any difference what I do this **** thing wont load

Closed Thread