Reply to Thread

Thread: game window "not responding"

Recruit
    World
    Ares

game window "not responding"

I am having an issue with when I start the game. It logs in fine, I press play and get the downoad button then press play again. All works fine. It gets to the window where the messages cycle by before you can check the check mark and be in the game. The check mark is grey and the messages don't cycle through. If I click any where, I get the the message "not responding".

I close the app window and close the browser window and then wait for about 5 minutes and try again. I have to do this 4-6 times and then finally the game opens like it should. It does this every day when I log into the game or if I shut it down to be away for a while and try to start it again when I can play.

It did not do this at first and only started when the Christmas event began.

It really seems a bit much when it takes up to 30 minutes just to get in to play when you only have about an hour to play.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Don't click anywhere. Just wait. I'm not sure how much of a wait is supposed to be reasonable. Sometimes, I get right in, and sometimes I have to wait a few minutes. Based on how things normally are during events, I imagine server load will cause it hang more now than normal.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The same problem. 5-6 times trying before it loads. Waiting respond is useless, waste time.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    You can also try this:
    • The TSO client must be running.
    • Open the Task Manager, the easiest way is to right-click on the taskbar at the bottom, then on Task Manager.
    • Look for the TSO client. It is called "Client" or "The Settlers Online" with the settlers-head-icon.
    • Now switch to details by:
    • Right-click on "Client" or "The Settlers Online", on "Switch to Details".
    • Or switch to the "Details" tab of the Task_Manager
    • Right-click on "Client" or "The Settlers Online", click on "Set Priority" and set it to "High".
    • Confirm the warning that pops up, and you're done.

World
    Zeus
    Nice... even with what u say BB_Traffer...

http://prntscr.com/wh3kys

World
    Ares
    Setting Client Priority to "High" does not improve response for me either. On multiple attempts, 10 min and counting...

World
    Ares
    I've discovered that whenever I start the game, I can't do anything else on my computer for a few minutes to let the game load. I get the Not Responding part periodically and I just wait it out for a few minutes. If it doesn't do anything for about 10 minutes, I close the window, wait a bit, and restart the game again without any problems.

World
    Zeus
    3-4 attempts ........ then finally on the the game /

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    I've discovered that whenever I start the game, I can't do anything else on my computer for a few minutes to let the game load. I get the Not Responding part periodically and I just wait it out for a few minutes. If it doesn't do anything for about 10 minutes, I close the window, wait a bit, and restart the game again without any problems.
    The game took a long time to load prior to this client and now people seem to think it should be immediate which is hilarious since we are still interacting with BB servers. I agree it is almost always just a matter of waiting it out.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was playing and then got kicked out. I have been trying the last 90 minutes to get back in the game. Same problem as above. I even left it running and went for breakfast and it was still not all the way in game. I closed everything and logged out and let it sit for 20 minutes and then tried again. Still not getting past the message screen.

I closed it all and left it an hour. I was finally able to get in game again

Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    The game took a long time to load prior to this client and now people seem to think it should be immediate which is hilarious since we are still interacting with BB servers. I agree it is almost always just a matter of waiting it out.
    I would be ecstatic if it only took as long as it used to do. I never had to try to get in for more than 10 minutes before.

well, I have had little issues getting in till TODAY 5/1/2021 . Yes, it slow to load , yes don't do anything else while it loads , but now it gets past the splash screen and as soon as it does the "check boxes " are grey and not responding . I have tried all suggestions including setting the TSO Client to high priority. NOTHING . Its BROKED.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 05-05-21 at 03:37 am. Reason: double post

Reply to Thread