Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas Bakery buff needs to be longer

Noble
    World
    Ares

Christmas Bakery buff needs to be longer

Currently they last for 23 hours. This means that even if I log in at the same time everyday (when I wake up, or when I get home from work for example) my buildings will have been running unbuffed for an hour already. In order to counter this I have to then pause my buildings for an extra hour and start the buff an hour later, just so that I can be there to pause them as the buff runs out the next day, only to wait another hour to start it again. This is quite the hassle and extremely inconvenient. Even with enough bakeries so that the cooldown is less than the duration, the buff still runs out an hour earlier each day and requires constant correction.

I feel that maybe the duration was an error as most other buffs tend to keep the length in rounded intervals (6 hours, 12 hours, 24, 48...) and the cooldowns are often 23 hours in similar situations (gift cooldowns, battle buffs for star coins...) so maybe this was just a mistake? Either way, it would be nice if the length could be adjusted to an even 24 hours to make this set of buffs much more user friendly.

Thank you

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I agree on the buff duration being pushed to a rounded interval of 24, this is def an oops on BB. Many folks advocated for 23 hour cooldowns (not buffs) and the like so the retrigger wouldn't be pushed day after day, minute by minute, later and later.
    Now your scenario will have this issue, granted its very minor. Since buffs dont overwrite buffs, you at some point will have to cancel buff to correct it, to maintain that specific timeframe. This is by far less annoying than the above though of having things run unbuffed daily for an hour+ which is counter productive.

solution, change it to 24h at the very least and have area wide buffs overwrite themselves.. problem solved.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The solution proposed does not solve the problem. Obviously 23 hr 55mins not only solves the problem but also prevents creepage from being introduced.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    a quick fix yes, just change the timer.

and how would it not work in the latter? if duration was changed to 24 hours, you could simply reapply bakery buff at 23h 55m, (or ANY time IF cooldown was ready) with stop buffs or with my suggestion of it simply overwriting itself. The fact we are forced to use stop buffs is a joke or *ask for 5 minutes less* in reduction of timer duration because why? oh buffs not overwriting themselves.

this is of course you own 8 or more. Any other situation is pointless since cooldown is exactly 24 hours or longer.

Reply to Thread