Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Log in - is it broken?

Trilliana
    I've logged in every day since we moved to the client - just since the update last night I started getting the 'Your client could not be updated!' pop-up about 15 seconds after the first client window opens. There is nothing I can do from there but click on OK which terminates the whole process.

I play on a desk-top with Windows 10 64 bit system - have never used any facebook or other way to log in other than from my chrome browser.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by binderberger View Post
    are you guys logging in through facebook or through ubisoft? did you migrate your facebook accounts?
    Ubisoft. I have not used Facebook login.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Didn't have to migrate. This is the login I have always used even before it was the "Ubisoft login". I don't remember when i signed up for it but I am pretty sure I had the Uplay account already when i signed up for the settlers. So it just converted automatically.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I had this problem when we moved to the client and fixed it by adding the missing file. There shouldnt be a reason for me to be getting the same message now, but I am. I put in a ticket.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by binderberger View Post
    are you guys logging in through facebook or through ubisoft? did you migrate your facebook accounts?
    I migrated from facebook back mid of December and didn't have any problems logging in after the update.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    We have adapted, updated and corrected the additional file (SWF) in our instructions.
    The guide now contains the new file and therefore a fix to the error "Your client could not be updated".
    To play with the latest game version, you will need to download this SWF-file and add it to the noted folders.

1.Instructions (with the updated file).

2.Direct link to the new file.

I would like to apologise for this issue and thank everyone for their efforts to get everyone back in the game.

Trilliana
    I followed the instructions above: https://prnt.sc/xq0rc2

I tried to start the game - same error message "Your client could not be updated!"
    I logged out, cleared browser cache and tried again, - same message.

No fix for me so far.
    I don't use any extra anti-virus program - just windows defender and windows firewall.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    ^^Ditto

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    didnt seem to work for me either, I sent screenshot in with my ticket

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    didn't work for me first time either. renamed file to client.swf instead of the long alphanumeric and it looks like it worked

Reply to Thread