Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] macOS / 32 Bit System Announcement

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] macOS / 32 Bit System Announcement

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the macOS / 32 Bit System Announcement.

The original post can be found here.

Kind Regards.
    BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 01-26-21 at 05:58 am.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I started to be disappointed, but then I realised that this is just par for the course with BB/TSO over the last few years. :/

Plugging away on the laptop for now, but it's a lot less fun on a 15" screen vs the 27" iMac. This lack of fun and poor support is why I stopped buying Gems. Eventually it'll result in not playing at all.

Given how quiet the Chat/etc have gotten in the last two years, I'm guessing I'm not alone.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i was going to be surprised.. but frankly it's exactly what i expected to happen. given that global sits idle for HOURS i suspect you have a lot more mac, steam, facebook. etc logins than you thought.. or had NO clue how NOT tech savvy most of your players are and how much difficulty they would have switching. not to mention way UNDER anticipated the volume of support requests for that

just now i have friends who were logging in fine.. today they cant get in.. get a msg to update the client.exe.. asaik there has been NO update to that download???

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hi
    I cant login too. what is now??

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    i was going to be surprised.. but frankly it's exactly what i expected to happen. given that global sits idle for HOURS i suspect you have a lot more mac, steam, facebook. etc logins than you thought.. or had NO clue how NOT tech savvy most of your players are and how much difficulty they would have switching. not to mention way UNDER anticipated the volume of support requests for that

just now i have friends who were logging in fine.. today they cant get in.. get a msg to update the client.exe.. asaik there has been NO update to that download???
    ELY is down to 20ish active players right now and only 5 are online at a time when we should have at least a 2-3x those numbers.

Most of our regulars aren't online right now, yet this time in the morning is usually pretty busy.

I know participation leading up to and during the Christmas Event was the lowest I've seen in years, so it's not like this is sudden.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What gets me is that the original Adobe end-of-life announcement took place over 3 years ago, surely that is/was more than enough warning to make a plan. Clearly not!

EDIT: €757 000 000.00 is the sales for the first half of 2020/2021 so how can a company of this size drop the ball? Maybe they are making way too much money already to care about their customers.
    Last edited by CitySlickerSA; 01-26-21 at 07:48 am. Reason: Added EDIT

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    ELY is down to 20ish active players right now and only 5 are online at a time when we should have at least a 2-3x those numbers.

Most of our regulars aren't online right now, yet this time in the morning is usually pretty busy.

I know participation leading up to and during the Christmas Event was the lowest I've seen in years, so it's not like this is sudden.
    i lost minimum 20 players originally to this.. cluster.. since the change over.. many in contact with me have just said nope till unity.. sad

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Can't log in - "Your client could not be updated" again..........

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Everything worked until this last update - what happened now.
    I use a PC so nothing should have changed, right?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Yeah I got a question.

Where can I find a larger image of this art?
    https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/003...ogy_border.png

I like how you have settlers depicted, an explorer coming back with a letter from distant land, an explorer with a spyglass.
    The light.
    The distant city.
    Cool.
    Oh the apple and mac thing?
    Yeah.

Well, this is what ya get for buying apple. It's not bluebyte's fault.
    Don't any of you you know.
    Pay attention?
    I mean it.

Maybe you remember way back when. Way back. way way way back.
    Ipad came out.
    Apple refused to include macromedia flash because as apple see's it.
    They decide what their user's want.
    Apple decided, their users have to pay for apple exclusitivity.
    And not be able to use flash, just as androind or windows does.
    So when you buy apple.
    You are buying, being told what to do.

Remember a few years ago.
    Those new phones came out.
    2018?
    Yeah. The future! or.. present day, now the past.
    Apple decided, you can't use headphones.
    You can only use these $160 airpods.
    Because we are apple.
    And if you lose 1, you have to buy 2. Because we are apple.
    Apple decided for it's users, that headphones are a thing of the past.

And yet here we are.
    People still buying apple.
    And confused, as to why they don't get to have what everyone else get's to have.
    Well, you bought apple. You limited yourself to apple.
    Your choice was to overpay for brand loyalty, to a brand that demands you pay them a high price for their low value product.
    Their products do less than competitors, yet cost more.
    I don't understand it.
    Yet, apple buyers, buy apple. And I don't know why they do it.
    But they did it.
    And in my opinion, relinquish their right to complain about being left out.
    Now you can play whatever games apple machines allow.
    You can't just play anything, you can't play games that don't work on a mac. It's been that way for 2 decades. This isn't new.
    You new this about old macs.. But you bought a new mac.
    The problem wasn't fixed. Why are you acting surprised? You knew what you were buying.
    A mac is not a computer, it is a mac.
    Any windows, is a computer. My android phone, that's a computer. My android tablet, that's a computer.
    My android smart TV, I mean it has app.. access to things.. yeah kind of a computer.
    If it were somehow.. an apple smart TV. I feel like it would not allow netflix, hulu, prime. None of that.
    No rogers cable, or comcast cable, no bell satellite. nothing.
    You get 1 channel. "apple TV". You turn your tv on, and it is steve jobs sitting on a throne surrounded by cash.
    And apple users would buy it. Because it is an apple TV.
    Then they would complain to netflix, hulu, and prime, about not being able to use their services.
    It can't be apples fault after all. They are apple.

I may be wrong.. but isn't UNIX free? You know, that open source penguin that has been available to power users for 2 decades.

Look. Apple told you 13 years ago they don't want anything to do with flash because of the security exploits.
    Flash can be scripted and carry malware. It can open access in way's that other clients do not.
    Yes we can run it on windows, but it is basically running within a shell.
    Windows got this. They are like "yes you can run what you want, so long as it passes windows security".
    A handy dandy little tool from windows 98 called "runtime broker" has been instilled into the Nt, and is now brokering run time to flash.
    Get it? runtime broker, brokering run time? It's almost like.. windows prepared for the future access of new and exciting technology changes for the future.
    While apple.. shuts down access more and more with every release.
    But you gotta buy apple.
    You can't say no to the automatic updates.
    And ya ever wonder why that iphone 4 battery doesn't last any more?
    Well, Iphone 6 just came out and the forced updates has started to overlaod your battery and wreck your phone forcing you to upgrade.
    That's apple.
    We all know that is apple.
    It has been that way for years.
    You shouldn't have bought apple. I have no sympathy.

I feel bad if ya can't get in this free to play game. but I do not at all agree with players punishing or blaming BB for apples decision to not partake in flash.
    It's not BB's fault apple does not want their users to have freedom. They want their apple users to use apple. And apple users... keep.. buying.. apple.. *passes hand over head*.

Wanna come play? Partition your HD, install unix on the partition. You can now load multiple OS on the same machine with different accesses.
    There is a reason windows 7 with SP1 was so praised.
    There is a reason windows XP corperate was praised.
    Not once in my lifetime have I ever heard anybody happy with their apple anything.
    What is the deal with a shuffle anyway? Oh, next song, don't want that one, next song, next song, next song..
    Uh.. Go away.
    I would rather have my off brand MP3 player for 1/3 the cost that has a display screen and playlists.
    So I can seperate my EDM, metal, rock, 80's pop, and have it all on the same source.
    With my control of what I listen to.
    Seriously, apples first product the shuffle was designed with the express purpose of the user not being in control.
    The entire brand of apple is you giving them money so they can take away your freedom.
    ...Yup. Just keep on buying more of it. Go ahead.
    I'll be here playing settlers with the rest of the world.

Reply to Thread