Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World Event 2021

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] End of the World Event 2021

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the End of the World Event 2021.

The original post can be found here.

Happy settling,
    BB_Trafffer

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you BB_Traffer for the information. In over 10 years of playing (have been here since the start of closed Beta), I have rarely complained. Of course that foreshadows my complaint. Am very disappointed that this event was not revamped to bring it up to today's game standards with prizes, XPs and lootz. For the amount of effort to put into a "worldwide" competition, the prizes are incredibly weak, and the XPs teensy even tripled. We toss much better items to our guild members on a daily basis with barely a sneeze. The 89k fish bundle in the shop, is nice though for newbies.

It was not a great event the first time around, and this reprise falls short all the way around. The idea was a good one, the execution is just terribly weak.

Yours, in keeping the game alive and fun,
    ShuttlePilot
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 03-04-21 at 07:54 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Thank you BB_Traffer for the information. In over 10 years of playing (have been here since the start of closed Beta), I have rarely complained. Of course that foreshadows my complaint. Am very disappointed that this event was not revamped to bring it up to today's game standards with prizes, XPs and lootz. For the amount of effort to put into a "worldwide" competition, the prizes are incredibly weak, and the XPs teensy even tripled. We toss much better items to our guild members on a daily basis with barely a sneeze.

It was not a great event the first time around, and this reprise falls short all the way around. The idea was a good one, the execution is just terribly weak.

Yours, in keeping the game alive and fun,
    ShuttlePilot
    I actually agree. If I run adventures all day I want something decent for my level. 3x xp for a level 26 adventure is not going to make a dent in the amount of xp I need at lvl 78.

Swapped a PFB anticipating this would be worthwhile doing and I guess I chain run YWC instead of participating in this event in order not to waste that.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Agree about the rewards. Not worth any effort. Very new players can make use of the farm and maybe the general (if they really need a fast general, since there is otherwise nothing special about Grim Reaper), but both will just sit in my star.

Gem bundles are pretty bad, but the fish bundle is nice.

World
    Zeus
    It's hard to believe anyone at BB thought this event was a good idea, but here we are.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I think the biggest problem I have with this event is the loot table from that map. It is so terrible for any player above level 30 that there is no incentive to run it even once, let alone as many times as you can in 10 days. Triple loot and experience? Three times zero is still zero. Even something like adding a building drop (Jungle residence at a decent rate - 10%, that cursed Jungle residence that was listed in TO awhile back at maybe 5% or something) would at least give a reason to play the map itself.

Also, the main rewards need to be improved as well. Looking back at the rewards from the first one says that it at least gave some gems as a reward. Yet none here? As is I can easily say, there is no incentive at all to participate in this other than to buy one bundle and MAYBE try the map since I wasn't here for the first 'end of the world'.

World
    Zeus
    I agree this would be a great event for new players but of course we have lost a lot of participation and recruitment due to the end of Flash and exclusion of mac based and other players...

Why doesn't BB wait until the new Unity servers are up and running, promote the game as available to all who wish to play then and encourage new players to join and level to be eligible for this event (allowing for time necessary to achieve level 26+) before having another surprise event that will only further frustrate and/or piss off players that are currently excluded from the game that they played for months and/or years and can no longer access The Settlers Online servers through no fault of their own?

Certainly BB should be able to recognize the damage this is doing to The Settlers Online...!

I expect this will be another epic fail as when we had so many more playing the last time we barely made the Bronze Trophy reward.

BB needs to address the lack of access for established and potential new players before screwing them out of yet another event! ;(

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Where i can put like to Pilot comment

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    sorry in WHAT universe.. do you think we want to do the same.. tiny xp .. hard on the eyes (sorry that adv is dead ugly.. and ridiculously hard to see) adv for TEN DAYS over and over and over... ad nauseum ????

and worse be Forced to participate w/ peer pressure??? and a grim reaper? i don't want that.. i didn't want the 1st one i have from a dumb bundle.

and your vague award === The adventure can be found with your explorer... which search???

a good percent of my guildies are basically boycotting this

just please. enough please.. bring unity.. and end this insanity of events for the sake of events (and gem sales).

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    If I remember correctly, The End of the World was a pretty lousy adventure to do too. And do we even have new players anymore? I mean at this point, everyone either got bored and quit or are a way too high level to bother with this. I predict we won't even get to Bronze without them completely fudging the numbers.

Reply to Thread