Reply to Thread

Thread: Reparations for Poor Judgement and Bad Planning

World
    Zeus

Reparations for Poor Judgement and Bad Planning

BB decided it was a good time to force a facebook to Ubisoft login merge 3 days before the xmas event of 2020. It took many of us weeks (if not longer) to finally be able to log into the game after BB forced the login merge. Many of us had no chance to play during the event and many still never even saw a moment of that event or any other type of play since the forced merge.

I spent weeks sending in tech support requests for help when I never received any email after deleting the link from facebook, then spent another 4 days trying to complete the merge when tech support gave me the wrong emails to complete the merge. Only after 3 weeks of sending support requests did I finally get a response (once the xmas event was already almost completely over). I had only 3 days left of the final removal stage to obtain presents to possibly buy anything from the merch for the event.

Since then, months have passed, a couple of events have passed and not a single hint of remuneration for the hassle and losses experienced by the players who missed out on one of the largest events of the year. Not even so much as a single apology for the poor planning and even worse execution of the forced merging.

I personally missed out on a lot from that xmas event, since I was unable to gain presents like players are normally supposed to be able to do and a few actually did. I was actually even luckier than many, since I actually have a windows system that used 64 bit. Those that only had a 32 bit system missed out on even more and the ones with Mac systems are still missing out.

I have seen a lot in my 9 yrs of playing, I have seen remunerations for tiny mishaps, server failures, etc and this being the biggest and most damaging error I have ever seen in ANY game I have ever played. Not a single thing offered to us players that missed out on so much.

I think BB should think long and hard about some type of compensation to those of us who were so badly inconvenienced, ignored and set aside. This compensation should be rather substantial seeing as how it was so completely badly planned and executed. Who in their right minds implements a major game shift like this 3 days before a major event?

It would be nice to see BB show us some gratitude and respect for remaining with the game after such a debacle. I know I am not alone in this and I know I am not the only one who thinks that BB should be making some kind of substantial compensation for this.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Very well stated, @virtuous. My hope is that once we migrate to the Unity Engine, that the Devs will send out hefty compensation packages. I, too, remember when even just a late start after a weekly update garnered at the very least a few buffs and coins, especially when Grimm and Pink were the GMs. You are definitely not alone in your frustration and feelings. We had several guild members affected, and one of our best players is still locked out.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You actually didn't have to move from facebook to ubisoft login then - many people didn't do it until this last month and even then it is not clear if it was necessary. Many people who had problems with moving from facebook to ubisoft just reconnected with facebook and continued to play. Most of the problems associated with that move from facebook to ubisoft was user error caused because people didn't follow the instructions.

If you actually read the original BB thread it gives instructions IF you want to migrate from facebook, it didn't really say you had to in order to play.

BB decided it was a good time to force a facebook to Ubisoft login merge 3 days before the xmas event of 2020
    the thread on this was created December 11th - Christmas event started December 21th so 10 days to migrate which was plenty of time unless you didn't follow instructions and created another account and even then that should have just made you a few days late into the event.

World
    Zeus

Wink Trying to actually play the game should not be part of the strategy.

Sorry, but this is 2021 and any switch or "migration" should be seamless. The burden should not fall upon the user...

Either you're running a professional strategy game or not!

Trying to actually play the game should not be part of the strategy.

Pteris

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Sorry, but this is 2021 and any switch or "migration" should be seamless. The burden should not fall upon the user...

Either you're running a professional strategy game or not!

Trying to actually play the game should not be part of the strategy.

Pteris
    This is a free game for many people. If you want things to work a certain way then I hope you are willing to start paying for this.

In fact, after all the complaining about this I think Settlers people should do what Anno online did and just not provide ANY support to people who don't buy gems.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    so 10 days to migrate which was plenty of time unless you didn't follow instructions and created another account and even then that should have just made you a few days late into the event.
    The point was that when he did it took WEEKS before they even contacted him about his issues, not 10 days.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxannabell View Post
    The point was that when he did it took WEEKS before they even contacted him about his issues, not 10 days.
    Other people in that situation just reconnected to facebook. His statement was still false though, they didn't force anyone to merge 3 days before Christmas so I think he is confused about where the poor planning came in.

Reply to Thread