Reply to Thread

Thread: Colony Distribution of available colony production types

World
    Zeus

Colony Distribution of available colony production types

REF: Quick back-story - I completed Level 30 in PvP a long time ago and at the time I did not care what the type of colonies were, just that I was able to complete them and get to level 30, so this may be an old issue, I am not sure.

To break up the monotony, I Enabled the Colony/PvP option for Pathfinder quest assignments. This week as well as last week I was assigned 'The Conquerors' Quest which is to conquer 2x colonies and collect 1k Granite from colonies. On the surface this seems easy enough, however, I have discovered that Granite Colony Production Types are EXTREMELY Rare drops/finds by the explorers. This includes searches for Small, Regular and Large.

Last week after dozens of searches (and I mean 3-4 dozen) I was able to get enough (4-5) Granite producing colonies to attain the 1k quest.

This week, I have expended 100+ Explorer searches for colonies in an attempt to reach the 1k Granite collection; thus far (Less than 4h left in this week's PF) I found one player controlled small Granite, one non-player controlled small Granite and one Regular non-player controlled Granite colony! Every other colony type appears to be found, EVERY OTHER, LESS Granite.

Now, idc about using Colonies as a source of resources, what is total bologna is that the PF quest requires Granite, but no where near the number of Granite colonies are available to collect from.

Has Granite always been this rare in Expeditions??? Whether it is or not, the PF quest should offer quests that can actually be completed by players playing regular.

Update: In 100+ Explorer searches for Regular and Large Colonies NOT a single Granite producing colony was offered, both unconquered and player owned. Literally, every other type was in plenty. Remember that 9 colonies are offered in each search, so that is over (and I must add that the number 100 is grossly small in estimation) 900 colonies discovered with ZERO (0) being granite.

Last edited by Raubhautz; 03-14-21 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Add screenshot.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Just to point out to you BB folks out there.... Here is another PERFECT example of not keeping players informed of what is going on. This is a REAL and ONGOING situation with PvP and the PF system. Sadly, I have a ticket in on it, to which NOBODY has replied.

Again I received this quest in PF and I barely am able to find any player controlled colonies, much less any with Granite as resource. How are players supposed to complete these missions?

Further, I just like to note that the system/engine used for PvP is horrendous. Forget about eliminating a players friends/guildies from the available targets, it may open up the players making use of PvP. Look, the system is already shrouded in secrecy, so why would it matter if it is one of our friends or not, nobody would know, ever. As it is setup right now, you (and I mean BB) are punishing players who have lots of friends and/or guild mates and rewarding those who are solo and/or alt accounts. Seriously consider this change.

Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed. i have over 100 friends plus guildies - pvp to lvl 30 was a nightmare. (playing the game over 8 years - you get friends - acquaintances even for loot spots). but the worse pvp quest for PF is the one where you have to have your colonies defend themselves. how on Earth am i supposed to force my colonies to be attacked so they can defend themselves???? (there's a similar achievement i think).

crazy - after that one i turned off the pf check box. and after i hit 30 .. i gave away all my pvp weaps and starred the gens (don't get me started on winning finally a Useful gen after you've FINISHED the pvp quests).

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    agreed. i have over 100 friends plus guildies - pvp to lvl 30 was a nightmare. (playing the game over 8 years - you get friends - acquaintances even for loot spots). but the worse pvp quest for PF is the one where you have to have your colonies defend themselves. how on Earth am i supposed to force my colonies to be attacked so they can defend themselves???? (there's a similar achievement i think).

crazy - after that one i turned off the pf check box. and after i hit 30 .. i gave away all my pvp weaps and starred the gens (don't get me started on winning finally a Useful gen after you've FINISHED the pvp quests).

I hear you. My thing atm is boredom/change-of-pace, so I play PvP again to get the 5? Achievements left for Colonies (Attacking 100 Regular player owned, Attacking 100 Huge/Large Player owned....; Defend from players - 100 Regular, 100 Huge/Large and 1k total) like I think most of us active players need.... ofc we are only ones playing and most of us are friends --- again, as we are the active players... so.... lol the TSO limitation of not allowing us to attack 'friendly' colonies is absurd.

On that Black Marshall issue, he is really only useful on the heavy-duty colonies found in some Tier II Tier III Leader camps. As I recall, ONLY the Final Leader Camp at that. Though he does have a kind of cool garrison -- and useful if you a sector to attack that has a few enemy camps with similar enemies in them, load him with 120 let him go, get intercepted and repeat. Not often, but on occasion.
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 05-12-21 at 10:19 am. Reason: Correct Needed Cheesements.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Just to point out to you BB folks out there.... Here is another PERFECT example of not keeping players informed of what is going on. This is a REAL and ONGOING situation with PvP and the PF system. Sadly, I have a ticket in on it, to which NOBODY has replied.

Again I received this quest in PF and I barely am able to find any player controlled colonies, much less any with Granite as resource. How are players supposed to complete these missions...

Ditto and refresh on this post. I think BB 'Circular filed' the ticket (not a single whisper about it) and as is clear in this thread, no BB tech support or CM has even taken the time on this thread to give the time of day much less a planned resolution.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    As it is setup right now, you (and I mean BB) are punishing players who have lots of friends and/or guild mates and rewarding those who are solo and/or alt accounts. Seriously consider this change.

Are you not also gaining a benefit from that, in that you have less people attacking your colonies so you can claim them and just ignore them?

Reply to Thread