Reply to Thread

Thread: Waypoint Multi-Attacking

Noble
    World
    Ares

Waypoint Multi-Attacking

With all the new gens that exist, we have come to a point where a lot of times a general can kill multiple camps without needing to refill the troops. However, often these camps are not all in a line or even contain boss camps which do not intercept. This means we have to send the general, wait for them to come back, then send again and so on. It would be nice if we could send them to attack multiple camps of our choosing via waypoints. For example, you would pick attack with the general and just click the camp normally to attack the regular way, or if you hold shift and then click the camp it would set that camp as target 1 and then keep the target out to let you select another camp up to as many camps as you want (or a set limit if need be for programming limitations). This way your general would march to the first camp and when it wins would then proceed to march in the direction of the second camp to attack it as well without having to return first saving the player time, while potentially opening up new strategies in how they go about beating different maps.

A case example of where this would be beneficial (and one of the reasons I bring it up) is in the map "The End of the World". There are three boss camps in the middle that are all the same. All three can be beat with one general easily, but as they are bosses, they will not intercept. Having the multiple attack ability means selecting all three to be attacked and then letting that general do their thing. Even not on bosses it is useful as there multiple camps that can be defeated with the same loadout, no losses, but they are spread apart so you can't get them to all hit in one send. This could fix that and make the game less redundant.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am not sure they intended for the situation you describe to exist and myself would have hesitated to draw their attention to the fact we do this.

Good luck.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I am not sure they intended for the situation you describe to exist and myself would have hesitated to draw their attention to the fact we do this.

Good luck.
    I'm not sure if you understood what I was describing or not. There are both achievements and quests for killing camps with no losses so that was always intended. The very design for intercepting is based around fighting multiple camps one after another without return and reload as well. So how is being able to fight multiple camps in a row without having to reload because of no/little losses in any way unintended? This just allows players to remove unnecessary time and actions from otherwise tedious manoeuvers.

Or are you saying you already have a way of doing this that BB does not know about? Because I would love to know this method, and I am not referring to sending to end camp and killing only those camps that intercept. I want to be able to set targets and kill all targetted (plus any intercepts) in one go, so that i can get the ones that would not not intercept as well without needing to resend.

Another example I could give would be The Nords adventure. Nusala alone can kill pretty much two thirds of the map with zero losses including the bosses. Now if you send her to the last camp she can kill, she will get all in the way but will skip over boss camps and camps not directly in her path. This means you will have to wait till she comes back and resend her again and again for each camp she passed. Lots of wasted time. My suggestion would allow you to send her to the first boss and then add the second boss and third boss to the target queue. This way she will head for her first target (the first boss) and kill any intercepts. After killing the first boss she will then keep going to the second and then after the third, killing everything on the way without needing to return to be resent. This saves a lot of walking time and removes all the extra clicking.

It isn't as though this makes the game less difficult in any way as it can only work with camps that you would ordinarily kill with few to no losses anyway, so you don't save troops, just time and energy.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    I'm not sure if you understood what I was describing or not. There are both achievements and quests for killing camps with no losses so that was always intended. The very design for intercepting is based around fighting multiple camps one after another without return and reload as well. So how is being able to fight multiple camps in a row without having to reload because of no/little losses in any way unintended? This just allows players to remove unnecessary time and actions from otherwise tedious manoeuvers.

Or are you saying you already have a way of doing this that BB does not know about? Because I would love to know this method, and I am not referring to sending to end camp and killing only those camps that intercept. I want to be able to set targets and kill all targetted (plus any intercepts) in one go, so that i can get the ones that would not not intercept as well without needing to resend.

Another example I could give would be The Nords adventure. Nusala alone can kill pretty much two thirds of the map with zero losses including the bosses. Now if you send her to the last camp she can kill, she will get all in the way but will skip over boss camps and camps not directly in her path. This means you will have to wait till she comes back and resend her again and again for each camp she passed. Lots of wasted time. My suggestion would allow you to send her to the first boss and then add the second boss and third boss to the target queue. This way she will head for her first target (the first boss) and kill any intercepts. After killing the first boss she will then keep going to the second and then after the third, killing everything on the way without needing to return to be resent. This saves a lot of walking time and removes all the extra clicking.

It isn't as though this makes the game less difficult in any way as it can only work with camps that you would ordinarily kill with few to no losses anyway, so you don't save troops, just time and energy.

I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about. For instance, there are some adventures you can just send generals to the last camp and they will kill everything in the path which makes an adventure that used to take 40 minutes or more with constant playing to one you can just land and send and walk away from the game. It is the power of some of the more recent generals that makes these things possible, not the intercepting design of the game. The intercepting design of the game was actually intended to make the game more challenging.

What you are wanting is for things to be made even easier so that these attacks will somehow pick up all the leader camps along the way as well by allowing you to 'program' your generals to do more multiple attacks so you can spend more time not actually playing the game .

Maybe I have been playing World of Warcraft too long. It is just that any time players find a way around things that make that game faster - more rewarding, they change things so that isn't possible.

I remember people advertising how they were doing Island of the Pirates with MMAs on here with the result being they nerfed the loot from that adventure and had been discussing about nerfing MMAs as well (can't remember if they did). I didn't think BB actually was extremely fond of people even blocking to save troops so I am so sure they are very much different.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I didn't think BB actually was extremely fond of people even blocking to save troops so I am so sure they are very much different.
    I know. I always felt like blocking originated as something of an exploit, but the developers ultimately embraced the idea and even tried making one or two generals just for that purpose.

I would hate to see any change made to the fundamental mechanics of the game. Players always seem to come up with some creative solutions for getting through many of the maps. I feel like even nukes, as nice as they are to have as an option, take away some of that player-ingenuity. And now we also have really powerful generals that can bully their way over a lot of camps without even having any troops. I don't think we need yet another short cut.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    I know. I always felt like blocking originated as something of an exploit, but the developers ultimately embraced the idea and even tried making one or two generals just for that purpose.
    I just remember people complaining on here about blocks failing and BB saying things along the line of we don't support blocks so use them at your own risk. I am not sure which generals you are talking about because everyone I know who blocks uses the tavern ones.

And now we also have really powerful generals that can bully their way over a lot of camps without even having any troops. I don't think we need yet another short cut.
    I don't care much either way. It is nice just to land and send a general and then leave the game and come back to close the adventure but I really don't think that is intended game design. Nor do I really think it is a good thing for the game. New players don't have much need now to even try and learn anything about attacks providing they have a YGG.

This current group at BB might not care about that kind of stuff though since they seem to be okay with the idea of mass sending out of explorers which I was surprised they would even consider given the amount of rewards you get from them - I am of the opinion you should have to work a bit in the game for rewards.

Reply to Thread