Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Roadmap Change: Unity Version

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Roadmap Change: Unity Version

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Roadmap Change: Unity Version.

The original post can be found here.

Kind Regards,
    BB_Trafffer

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    After all this time I still have no idea what the "Unity" version is. I'm assuming it's an engine.
    What I'd like to know is: are we going to lose this clunky client? Why have a client attached to a browser? Why not have a just a client like any other game?
    Or, are we going back to a web browser version?
    My biggest ***** here is that I cannot play both of my characters at the same time
    My second biggest ***** is that I can't play in Linux. A true web based or Java based game would allow you to play on any platform
    Now we are reduced to Windows only ans one iteration at a time.
    All of this has led me to consider bidding adieu to TSO.
    If there is actually light at the end of the tunnel, let us know. After all this I still have no idea what the end-game is.
    This clunky windows only, one at a time, web umbilical client is not in my future for too much longer
    thanks

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Please check out the full announcement in the forum: https://ubi.li/9lyQ7 So where is the announcement?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    furious.. we have about 20 guildies locked out cause they are on macs... probably another 10 due to merge issues (no email etc etc)... and .. they've already missed xmas and crisis type, and valentines. now they have to miss easter too?? unbelievable.. i doubt they will come back now..

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by mcboooooooooo View Post
    Please check out the full announcement in the forum: https://ubi.li/9lyQ7 So where is the announcement?
    And this answers not one of my questions

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    furious.. we have about 20 guildies locked out cause they are on macs... probably another 10 due to merge issues (no email etc etc)... and .. they've already missed xmas and crisis type, and valentines. now they have to miss easter too?? unbelievable.. i doubt they will come back now..
    Ditto. I know of some in our guild who have not been on since Xmas. Some of which I think just said goodbye to the game at Xmas rather then deal with all the headaches of trying to get back into the game. Most in the guild I'm in had some sort of log in issues in the past 4 months.

It's very evident how many are not in game anymore on Ares, given there is literally just one page of trades most days now. Maybe one and a half or so if we're very lucky. That should tell you something. Some days i think we're even grasping to get one full page of trades. I fear we're just gonna keep loosing more people if people are not able to get into the game and have to keep missing events

Settler
    World
    Ares
    My question is, will I be able to access the game via my phone like I used to be able to before the move to the download? It won't be the end of the world as I will still be able to play on my laptop. However at times it was more convenient for doing things like island maintenance, sending out expos, geos etc, when I could just hop on my phone to do stuff like that. Esp when I was travelling or away from home & didn't want to take my laptop with me

Can I make a couple suggestions for when we finally do get moved over to Unity.

Give us all a new building. Not a deco. But a new exclusive production building for all the troubles we've had with the game. Just a one time in game mail with the exclusive item. This way we have one item on our islands to say thank you for sticking around

Secondly, once we move over to Unity, give us one 48hr 200% gem sale. You guys have on occasion ran those 125% things. But given all the issues many players have had, this would be the perfect opportunity to offer a 200% sale. When over on Anno Online back in the day, we did a couple times get offered a 200% sale.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Would have been more surprised if you had actually put it in for the Easter event without testing.

It's very evident how many are not in game anymore on Ares, given there is literally just one page of trades most days now.
    that was happening last year outside of events as well... they have made this into just play during events game and most people do just that. Although I just counted the active players on my guild list and we have 50 active players so that is pretty good without an event going on.

Give us all a new building. Not a deco. But a new exclusive production building for all the troubles we've had with the game. Just a one time in game mail with the exclusive item. This way we have one item on our islands to say thank you for sticking around

Secondly, once we move over to Unity, give us one 48hr 200% gem sale. You guys have on occasion ran those 125% things. But given all the issues many players have had, this would be the perfect opportunity to offer a 200% sale. When over on Anno Online back in the day, we did a couple times get offered a 200% sale.
    I actually don't see any need for this. And it makes me laugh when you talk about Anno Online, they had lots of sales before they pulled the plug on that game. I think I had 30k in game currency which I lost when they stop the game so...

This was the original FAQ about Unity.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-amp-Unity-FAQ

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by mcboooooooooo View Post
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/26252

World
    Zeus

Angry "Kill the game... Kill the game... Kill the game..."

"Kill the game... Kill the game... Kill the game..."

The only reason you are reading this is because I am able to successfully logon to Ubisoft and play 'The Settlers Online' game...

Think about all those who are left out and whom voices are not here in this Thread or Forum for 'The Settlers Online' ;(

I am sorry but even though I can play the game and continue to support my Guild many cannot!

I find this new plan for the 'Unity' version of 'The Settlers Online' totally unacceptable.

You really are killing this game if you leave out so many during the Easter event and its unprofessional to do so after telling people that they would be able to participate in it.

Signed a very unhappy Pteris ;(

Reply to Thread