Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Sneak Peek] TSO Unity Version

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm about to quit because I don't want to ever send another explorer. Not even during an event.

I'm glad there are subtle / minor improvements but I think a few of the top QoL improvements for veteran players would be very well received, such as the ability to create groups (of explorers, generals, buildings) and take the same action on/with all of them.

I would love two make a Woodcutter general group, for all the gens that go to Woodcutter when I run it. And a "fish steak" group for all the buildings I want to buff with a fish steak. And explorer groups by the time it takes them to prolonged treasure search during events. And geo groups for granite, iron and marble since those are always running out...

Just saying, the less time I spend doing "maintenance" type tasks the more time I spend playing the game, so the more fun I have, and the longer I will play.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I agree completely. The fun in the game is not endless clicking, but managing resources toward our island goals.
    My list of Quality of Life changes to the game:
    **Manage explorers AND the rewards from explorers. I don't think 100's of emails is the best way to manage rewards.
    **Customized star menu.
    **Hot key for toggling building from sleep to active and back again. Or even select a group of buildings and toggle them.
    **Switching type of troops from regular to Elite and back again. Should be instant.
    **Saved troop settings. Click on a general and select a saved troop configuration to load.
    **Scared explorer should have different message than regular explorer rewards.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    [QUOTE=KingHomer;296016]I'm about to quit because I don't want to ever send another explorer. Not even during an event.

I'm glad there are subtle / minor improvements but I think a few of the top QoL improvements for veteran players would be very well received, such as the ability to create groups (of explorers, generals, buildings) and take the same action on/with all of them.

Please please create groups!! Getting repetitive strain injury on my index finger!

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaketeeth01 View Post
    We know how slow support can be to reply if at all. but I can understand them not replying if you are coming to them with problems they cannot fix because the client barely works.
    Now (soon) we will have a working client. Or at least the start of a working client.
    Where issues can now be fixed, and addressed opposed to ignored.
    Again being hopeful.

Are we going to have a standalone client which launches unity in a shell?
    The support team will always respond to your request, the response may be different, but we never ignore any messages. Always make sure that your inquiry reaches us - you can know about it by receiving an automatic reply with the Ticket ID.

The Unity version will be accessible via browser as you played before (no download client needed/requested).

Quote Originally Posted by Deva5 View Post
    just wondering when this unity starts when we can log back on the normal way like we did before, will we get to go back to our lv that we left off at or will we have to start at the beginning again at lv 1?
    You will log in the same way as now (Ubisoft Login/Facebook Login). The only change is that you will be playing from the web browser, not the client.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    I'm about to quit because I don't want to ever send another explorer. Not even during an event.
    Let me quote our statement in the FAQ thread:

Will Unity allow for group sending of explorers?

We know this is a feature that is very high on the Wishlist of all Settlers and thus it is also very high on our list of new features we want to develop in the future. That said, we want to make you aware that we still must prioritize other topics first. Of course, porting the game as smooth as possible is mandatory so we all can continue building our islands. But also fixing bugs and improving the performance is still more important. But after all, Settlers have moved into Unity and you and we are satisfied with the game’s performance, this will be one of the first features we want to tackle.
    You can also expect more news regarding the Unity Test Server very soon

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Testing day 1 -- BB_Trafffer no joy in launching the test site this morning, in either Firefox nor in Chrome. Both gave me a script error saying that there was an error with Unity on the page. I cleared all browser cache, I disabled all browser extensions, signed completely out of the temporary client and killed it in Task Manager -- and still kept getting the same error. When I would click OK on the error message, it would take me to the launch screen and the bar would load 90 percent of the way and then just hang for longer than 20 mins.

I would have placed this in the Test Forum for Unity, but cannot login there since it is EU and I am USA. Any suggestions? I opened my browser console, copied the run error information so that tech support could see exactly what is happening. I guess I can send it as a regular bug ticket and let whomever receives it sort it out and send it to the Test crew?

Any advice? Thanks : )

EDIT: 9:28 a.m. Mountain Time US -- finally, was able to get to the island page, but it launched with the hammer man already hammering away with the connection to the server lost message. He is still hammering as I type. I will create an account in the EU Test Forum and post the issue. But hey! The Hammer Man was/is at least progress :P

OK -- while Hammer Man was hammering, I reopened link in a new tab and have finally landed on the island, and set up Avatar name there. There is hope. . . : )

4:00 PM Mountain US -- got smoothly back into the game. After about 10-15 mins of gameplay, got an Out Of Memory pop up that said if you are the dev, fix through your GL console or something like that. Game completely froze. Positive note: Love that we can choose a 2nd font and scale up or down the UI.

EDIT: 0700 29 April -- same memory loss and freeze.

[TC] ShuttlePilot
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 04-29-21 at 10:44 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    No luck here either. Unity version loads most of the way then stops.

World
    Zeus
    Nopes......... getting an out of bounds error during load.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Got to level 5 and then got an out of memory error message and the game froze and I had to relog. I couldn't find a way to post on that test forum either - every link I tried had me logged out without a way to log in that I could see and a register message then administer does not allow registration or something weird like that.

I really don't like that the game requires you to use hardware acceleration either. This is a simple game why so many systems demands!

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Got to level 5 and then got an out of memory error message and the game froze and I had to relog. I couldn't find a way to post on that test forum either - every link I tried had me logged out without a way to log in that I could see and a register message then administer does not allow registration or something weird like that.
    -- Same issue here (see edit to my post above) and agree also no access to be able to use forum.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Ares
    My problem with getting into the test server is, while the loading bar is in progress, the game thinks that my Chrome's hardware acceleration is turned off when in fact it's on. I've turned it off, restarted Chrome, turned it back on, restarted Chrome again, and load the test game again. Still got the error. I've made it to the "pick your name and avatar" screen (wait, we have to create a new account?) and it's literally taking forever to get anything done. I've found that clicking one thing there and then going to another browser tab and coming back helps.

Oh, and for now, DO NOT RUN BOTH THE TEST AND REAL GAMES AT THE SAME TIME. The test one will drastically drag down the main game and activities will also take forever to happen. I don't know what happens if you use different browsers altogether.

And, I'm not creating an account on a different server just to provide feedback.

[edit: And, it looks like my player handle just got shortened to Droid in the test game.]

Reply to Thread