Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Sneak Peek] TSO Unity Version

World
    Ares
    So, my initial reaction for others:
    * In the game's settings, there is an added section for us to change the screen's zoom within the browser. There is also a second font choice, one that's slightly larger than the default one.
    * Currently, everything is still slower than molasses. While I was having to choose a new name and avatar, switching between browser tabs definitely helped. Also, you may have to log out and back in to do things, including when progressing to a new level. Once you get into the game, it definitely helps in the game's settings to turn off all the animations; the game therefore becomes slow as oil instead of something solid.
    * The devs intentionally decided to have us start completely from scratch without the usual level-up package that we can purchase or receive as in-game mail.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ok im confused.. im logged in as same email etc (account) as my live tso ... but it gives me a name of 'new_settler' and no where to change that?
    i checked profile from the 'home page" no where in there.. i have turned off all the animation stuff in there too.. but it still won't load the test version...

so
    a) where do i change my player name?

b) how do i get it to open?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    a) where do i change my player name?

b) how do i get it to open?
    When your game will load up, you will be able to create an avatar and a name you want to use. If you have any issues with the test server, please use our dedicated forum here.

If you are running macOS, please make sure to check our macOS guide (for the test server).

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I tried out the new test server under Chromium on Linux - did get several times "out of memory" after some time of trying it out - 3-4 times in ~30 minutes. I did not need to install anything new

World
    Ares
    Yeah, I was able to complete 2 (two!) whole quests while being level 3 and at that point ran out of memory. I sure hope the new client will run a whole lot better than this, because this is getting stupid for me. I'm still getting the popup that my graphics acceleration is turned off (which is a lie), so everything is still ridiculously slow.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I tried it out under another Linux setup w/ Firefox - worked there too without installing anything. One thing I would like to see is if we can zoom in just a bit more - on the high dpi system (3200x1800 on a 15.6" display), the text was hard to read in the chat window and some of the detail was hard to see.

World
    Zeus
    OK... tried again. Keep getting the same error msg.

An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
    RuntimeError: index out of bounds

Don't know what this means, looked for java under Firefox options, but came up empty. Have better things to do than waste my time doing your guys job for you. Don't really care anymore at this point...........
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    With the new announcement on the homepage, I'd like to take the opportunity to say, DO NOT go live with Unity until all the fixes/changes have been implemented on the Test server, and been given a chance to be tested. We don't want to see major issues on initial release, with an Event starting right after that.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Royleeinator View Post
    With the new announcement on the homepage, I'd like to take the opportunity to say, DO NOT go live with Unity until all the fixes/changes have been implemented on the Test server, and been given a chance to be tested. We don't want to see major issues on initial release, with an Event starting right after that.
    I agree. There is no way that unity version should go live the way it is. I don't care if they claim they fixed the issues. Nothing has been tested past lvl 40, and a lot of design issues that need correcting invariably will go live if they don't tested it further. I am sure they will ignore us though but they may drive the remaining players away if they do. I sure am not interested in playing with the reduction in conveniences they put in unity.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Royleeinator View Post
    agreed its not nearly stable enough... still crashes with the memory error. i know i gave up altogether as dragging to mayor is a key feature that won't work for me - nor will demo buildings etc.

Reply to Thread