Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Test server for unity version

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    oh ... so you're saying your test game is tiny also unless you go to full screen? i'm not using any magnifiers at all..in fact i would love to drop the live game a few % points smaller.. but of course its not an option.

i've tried chrome, edge, firefox, and slimjet (all w/ cleared caches to start).. none of them will load the game at all - just stuck on progress bar... i give up
    hope the final unity won't be this difficult...

Noble
    World
    Ares
    well just tested on firefox and the speed is vastly improved over my chrome browser. it also does not tell me acceleration is off when it isn't either

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    oh ... so you're saying your test game is tiny also unless you go to full screen? i'm not using any magnifiers at all..in fact i would love to drop the live game a few % points smaller.. but of course its not an option.

i've tried chrome, edge, firefox, and slimjet (all w/ cleared caches to start).. none of them will load the game at all - just stuck on progress bar... i give up
    hope the final unity won't be this difficult...
    I see no difference in size between the test game when I minimize it or play it in full screen, in terms of buildings and fonts. Although I seem to think that tiny business did happen once for me at the start maybe it is just a matter of you scrolling in.

This is scrolled completely out full screen.

https://prnt.sc/12yhnhu

If you just hit minimize you will retain the building size. However, it is possible to hit minimize and then scroll out more and get this.

https://prnt.sc/12yhp5a

Neither explains why your live game is so large though. That is where the difference is not with unity. Unity is fine.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    so i finally got the test server loaded... but ... wow is it tiny.. unless i full screen (and i cannot game on full screen i have other stuff to do). i cannot read anything.. i dont mean zoom in to land and buildings - i mean the ENTIRE game screen is ant writing - cant read the chat window or anything (its like 3 font)
    Hi CB -- have you tried going to the setting under your avatar, then opening the gear which will launch the turn off animals, etc. feature. In there, there is a new feature down toward the bottom where you can turn off the fixed view and then hit the + sign and up your chat and text views by 200%. It also enlarges the user interface. You have to do it each time you sign in. Otherwise the UI and the text and chatbox look like we need a microscope. I even tried changing my screen resolution, but no help. The above works for me. Hope this is helpful, if you haven't already tried. it.

Cheers,
    SP
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 05-16-21 at 07:01 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    [QUOTE=ShuttlePilot;296099]
    so i finally got the test server loaded... but ... wow is it tiny.. unless i full screen (and i cannot game on full screen i have other stuff to do). i cannot read anything.. i dont mean zoom in to land and buildings - i mean the ENTIRE game screen is ant writing - cant read the chat window or anything (its like 3 font)

/QUOTE]

Hi CB -- have you tried going to the setting under your avatar, then opening the gear which will launch the turn off animals, etc. feature. In there, there is a new feature down toward the bottom where you can turn off the fixed view and then hit the + sign and up your chat and text views by 200%. It also enlarges the user interface. You have to do it each time you sign in. Otherwise the UI and the text and chatbox look like we need a microscope. I even tried changing my screen resolution, but no help. The above works for me. Hope this is helpful, if you haven't already tried. it.

Cheers,
    SP
    yes there is a big variation in font size in there - I would find that really annoying to play like that though.

https://prnt.sc/12z25yj

that does make me wonder why the need for so few lines showing in the trade office, since that affects the font size there as well so I would love to see us to get the 12 postings back instead of the 4.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    [QUOTE=ShuttlePilot;296099]

/QUOTE]

Cheers,
    SP
    hi thanks for pointing that out.. i went in there b4 to turn off animations but nothing else.. its set to 200% . still super small. won't let me increase beyond 200%.. full screen is readable. default seems to be 150% - impossible but 200% is readable somewhat.. be nice to see 250%
    appreciate the help
    (btw i did double check that windows didn't turn on magnifying and such - it was all off as i expected).

now if it would just let me drag 10 settlers to mayors.. :/ i could get past lvl 3.. no idea how to fix that.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    dragging -- dropping - building -- all really buggy

attempted to build tavern - i get no building image - and it doesnt allow drop of it to the land.. just ignores the click (same as trying to drop settlers)
    https://prnt.sc/12zrzn2

lets me do forester? pwc? odd

side quest of adding stone, pw etc.. fails - same as settler - no item to drag - no highlight of mayors' no response if i pretend to see them and try to drop

font scaling only applies to chat?? not mail.. or tabs in mayor.. or merchant.. be easier if they just re-enabled browser scaling

zoom out and in is clunky and busted basically

and i still cant post on the official forum as i have zero euro accounts. - i have started a game on nfld server -- but at this point it hasn't asked me for email or pw?? kludgey - have no idea what its picked..

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I really hope some of these changes get reversed. Unity should not result in less convenience, less functionally and this test version does. Firstly, no reason for us to lose the ability to see 12 slots in the trade office since there is an option to change font size for the people with eyesight issues. Secondly, you need to see generals marching across the maps but you have tied that to the option where settlers are running around your island which is a performance issue and annoying anyway. Thirdly, there is no ability to sort by column in the member guild pane. I am sure there will be lots of others but things are so buggy now I can't be sure what is intended and what isn't.

Oh, here's another. You cannot see the amount in deposits on performance mode and you need to be able to see that. You shouldn't have to choose between the game taking 3-5 minutes to download the buildings or seeing if there is anything in your deposits. These are numbers, they shouldn't be taking all that much 'extra performance'. I have a PC capable of playing many large games with no problems, your game that is such a simple game could not be taking as much hardware as it does with unity. You will have people who could play settlers just fine last year not being able to play the game at all with unity.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hey folks!

Please remember - if you want to report any issues/bugs or leave your opinion/suggestions, please do so on the dedicated forum.

If you are having trouble creating a forum account there, please try the following:

1. Go here and log in to your Ubisoft/Facebook account.
    2. Complete the registration (you can start the game until you see a level 1 account).
    3. You can now post in the dedicated Unity forum.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 05-19-21 at 03:39 am.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey folks!

Please remember - if you want to report any issues/bugs or leave your opinion/suggestions, please do so on the dedicated forum.

If you are having trouble creating a forum account there, please try the following:

1. Go here and log in to your Ubisoft/Facebook account.
    2. Complete the registration (you can start the game until you see a level 1 account).
    3. You can now post in the dedicated Unity forum.
    this is what I get using your link at 1. - blank#blocked

https://prnt.sc/1333czw

Reply to Thread