Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Test server for unity version

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i get the exact same image.. only.. once i left it for 15 hrs.. no change. chrome, and opera. and firefox on win 10. all failed.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Hi BB_Trafffer -- just tried this, and while it logged me into the forum, and showed me as logged in, when I tested "reply to thread" I received a message of "you don't have permissions" etc. So still might need a little work for US users? Thanks : )
    Some threads are locked and you cannot reply to them. Could you please try on a thread that already has player posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    appears they don't care if people in the US help them test or give feedback, another thread says we have to make characters over there to provide feedback.

they are seriously delusional as well since when asked about speed ups they claim everything needs testing but they 'might' provide resource packages later. I am not sure when they figure to release this but if everything needs testing it won't be this year because no one is going to lvl up to 80 on that test server in a few months - if ever.
    We care about everyone's opinion, so everyone is welcome to post without any restrictions. The Unity Test Server forum was created in the UK and DE instance, so players from different instances have to post there.

We are looking at ways to speed up the progression path, however, we want players to progress to discover all bugs/issues.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

We are looking at ways to speed up the progression path, however, we want players to progress to discover all bugs/issues.
    [/QUOTE]

A high level can test all content, however, a low level can only test their own. There is a massive amount of content to test if you want everything tested. At 79 it would take me weeks just to test all the adventures with one set of generals. If you tested all the adventures with multiple sets of generals you would already be looking at months. So it is more than speeding up progression, it is the need to have everything we currently have and that has been gained over years.

Exactly when are you expecting this to be released?

We care about everyone's opinion, so everyone is welcome to post without any restrictions.
    I am not sure what thread I saw that in, but one thread says we have to make an account on one of those European servers which is odd because the previous test server didn't have that requirement.

Actually this thread.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/38195

Please note that to help streamline feedback collection, these forums will only be available on the UK and DE forums; you're welcome to create an account there if you wish to submit feedback and/or bugs.
    Also, this is what I get when I try to reply in a player thread, to a player over there, me without a European account.

https://prnt.sc/12ixg41

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    [COLOR="royalblue"]
    I am not sure what thread I saw that in, but one thread says we have to make an account on one of those European servers which is odd because the previous test server didn't have that requirement.

Actually this thread.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/38195

Also, this is what I get when I try to reply in a player thread, to a player over there, me without a European account.

https://prnt.sc/12ixg41
    Yup, the Unity test server is different from the old test server, and therefore the dedicated forum is only created in the UK and DE instance, but that doesn't mean we don't care about opinions from different regions - you quoted it yourself:
    you're welcome to create an account there if you wish to submit feedback and/or bugs.
    What's more, you don't need to create a new account, you can also use your Ubisoft/Facebook account and just login.

The error you are having is most likely caused by the fact that you are not logged in to our site. Have you read my previous post with the instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey there!

Please go to the UK instance homepage here, and log in with your Ubisoft/Facebook account. Next, please go to the forum, and you should be able to post/create a thread.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    What's more, you don't need to create a new account, you can also use your Ubisoft/Facebook account and just login.

The error you are having is most likely caused by the fact that you are not logged in to our site. Have you read my previous post with the instructions?
    [/QUOTE]

Hi BB Trafffer, every different way I try, while logged in with my Ubi account, I still get logged in as "new user with a string of numbers" and then a pop up that says I need to choose an avatar, etc. I have tried multiple ways of signing in, from the link you provided, also from in game on the test server, etc. Also, the times I did manage to get to the forum, it kicked me back over to the US forum. Something is still amiss. : )

Am enjoying the test server experience, it reminds me of the fun we had with closed beta. It is a bit frustrating though, to not be able to report bugs and issues, that being the real purpose of being over there on the test. I am wondering if we ought to just set up a Unity Test Server bug thread here, as the devs should be able to look at it just as easily as on the DE and UK one? Thanks for working on this with us, Trafff.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hi BB Trafffer, every different way I try, while logged in with my Ubi account, I still get logged in as "new user with a string of numbers" and then a pop up that says I need to choose an avatar, etc.
    Hey ShuttlePilot!

This should only happen one time when you are creating a TSO profile in the UK instance. You can complete the process so you will have a TSO lv1 profile and this popup will not show up the next time you log in.

Am enjoying the test server experience, it reminds me of the fun we had with closed beta. It is a bit frustrating though, to not be able to report bugs and issues, that being the real purpose of being over there on the test. I am wondering if we ought to just set up a Unity Test Server bug thread here, as the devs should be able to look at it just as easily as on the DE and UK one? Thanks for working on this with us, Trafff.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it so far! The main reason why it's only created in the UK and DE instance is to keep feedback/bugs in one place so a player who has a new bug to report doesn't have to publish it if it's already there. The same goes for feedback/suggestions, a large group of players can share their opinion. It is similar to a regular test server where you only have one forum.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have read your previous post and that doesn't work for me. I first get the page to log in but before I can it switches to this screen and clicking on the forum at that point doesn't let me post.

https://prnt.sc/12mbdgm

Clicking play at this screen makes me download the client again and I have no intention of doing that.

Plus in my opinion.

This

so everyone is welcome to post without any restrictions.
    is not the same as

you're welcome to create an account there if you wish to submit feedback and/or bugs.

Hi BB Trafffer, every different way I try, while logged in with my Ubi account, I still get logged in as "new user with a string of numbers" and then a pop up that says I need to choose an avatar, etc. I have tried multiple ways of signing in, from the link you provided, also from in game on the test server, etc.
    Yes same problem - I get a popup to create an avatar but it disappears right away and I can't create one when I hit forum and then I get a player xxxxxxxxx and still can't post on that forum.

I found a way to get to create an avatar in game there on Sandy Cove but it still won't let me create an avatar - keep on getting this message.

https://prnt.sc/12mh234 - I at first thought it was because I had this open but I closed it off and tried again and I still get that enter name message and nothing I put in there works.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Is it common for my character to be starting the game from the very beginning on the test server? I've been playing for 8 years and have absolutely no intention of starting the game from the beginning. Is this just a test server thing? How long until this Unity version is live?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirStandsAlot View Post
    Is it common for my character to be starting the game from the very beginning on the test server? I've been playing for 8 years and have absolutely no intention of starting the game from the beginning. Is this just a test server thing? How long until this Unity version is live?
    They would lose almost their entire playerbase if they made everyone start from lvl 1 when unity hit live. So yes it is just a test server thing, they said they want/need to have everything tested.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey ShuttlePilot!

This should only happen one time when you are creating a TSO profile in the UK instance. You can complete the process so you will have a TSO lv1 profile and this popup will not show up the next time you log in.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so far! The main reason why it's only created in the UK and DE instance is to keep feedback/bugs in one place so a player who has a new bug to report doesn't have to publish it if it's already there. The same goes for feedback/suggestions, a large group of players can share their opinion. It is similar to a regular test server where you only have one forum.
    Thank you BB_Trafffer. I finally got it to work by continuing with "play game" then it launched the pop-up for the temporary client, it stalled for a long time on load, but I just let it continue, it finally loaded, I set up avatar and player name, and bingo -- done! Had access to the forum and was able to post. Thanks for your help.

It was great to read the known issues list, as well as the other posts so as not to duplicate issues that have already been posted and recognized.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 05-08-21 at 06:49 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread