Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you released unity live like this

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Also, it feels like the FPS of unity is higher than flash was. When I drag around the map, it just feels much smoother to me.
    ? seriously? I never had blue boxes all over the map when I dragged around any version of this game before and that is what I get with this one.

https://prnt.sc/1dwnzrs

https://prnt.sc/1dwokl6

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    In the meantime, can we just go back to the Client-based game as the Unity server has a lot of glitches and lags?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree lets go back to Client-based game

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    ? seriously? I never had blue boxes all over the map when I dragged around any version of this game before and that is what I get with this one.
    I did, usually just before getting lag booted.
    I also got partial loading glitches where buildings wouldn't load at all on occasion. Usually a restart of computer and relogging would resolve these.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Here are my crash notices in Firefox. Game had not completely loaded:
    Attached Images

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    An open letter to Ubisoft/Blue Byte,
    I am appalled by this deployment. In any other field, those responsible would be disiplined or fired. In some fields, they would even face legal/criminal charges.
    your lack of concern for your customers is unacceptable. Intentionally sabataging a product to chase away those who use it is an underhanded tactic. Be honest, and just tell us this game that some of us have been playing for years is coming to an end and let it die peacefully.
    You have made many of us angry and frustrated. I, for one will never support another product that is connected to your companies.
    Graven Thendor.

World
    Ares
    FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING MAJOR LOADING & LAG ISSUES:

I found out that for some reason my Chrome browser wasn't using hardware acceleration, even though it is showing it's active. I discovered that by going to chrome://flags, there is an option towards the top of that Experiments page called "Override software rendering list". Turn that on & reload the browser. It has made all the difference for me, although individual game elements like the sleeping Zzzs and most of the text are a little fuzzy or don't have the sleekest animations. But my island loads quite well, nothing is crashing (yet), and collectibles are being picked up with the speed the game used to have. Some other items that others have mentioned, like missing green dots in the star menu and bookbinder showing a book is ready to be picked up when I have already retrieved it and started making a new one, are still issues.

I don't know what other browsers have for a setting like this, but you can look around the web. That's how I found the Chrome workaround.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    UNITY PROBLEMS
    Game is slow, mail is difficult to use and missing features, common tasks like placing buffs and sending explorers are too slow.
    I recognize it's a big technical hurdle to reimplement the game. But what you released is unplayable.

Using Chrome on fast computer.

PLACING BUFFS: a few seconds to select buff, then a few more secs to place buff
    When buff is selected, building behind buff dialog box opens

MAIL Can't collect and delete selected mail, doesn't work anymore.
    All mail is listed in one window so scrolling is tricky with so many messages.
    Mail used to be in pages where you go forward and back a page.
    For each mail message I have to scroll down each time to send items to star menu.
    Mouse wheel doesn't scroll anymore when a mail message is opened.
    Unread mail messages used to be in brighter/bold font. Now all message show as read.
    When a message is processed, it leaves a blank space in list of inbox.

SLEEP/UNSLEEP: Used to use space bar to select building and toggle sleep/unsleep. No longer works.

SENDING EXPLORERS Slow so that it's unusable to send my 80+ explorers

MINES Found mines no longer show symbol indicating copper, iron, etc

STAR MENU Takes 3 or 4 seconds to open. Unusable.

MISCELLANEOUS Often see "Magnificent Residence" dialog box popping up at odd times,
    such as opening mail or scrolling mail. (Mag res is behind the mail dialog box)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING MAJOR LOADING & LAG ISSUES:

I found out that for some reason my Chrome browser wasn't using hardware acceleration, even though it is showing it's active. I discovered that by going to chrome://flags, there is an option towards the top of that Experiments page called "Override software rendering list". Turn that on & reload the browser. It has made all the difference for me, although individual game elements like the sleeping Zzzs and most of the text are a little fuzzy or don't have the sleekest animations. But my island loads quite well, nothing is crashing (yet), and collectibles are being picked up with the speed the game used to have. Some other items that others have mentioned, like missing green dots in the star menu and bookbinder showing a book is ready to be picked up when I have already retrieved it and started making a new one, are still issues.

I don't know what other browsers have for a setting like this, but you can look around the web. That's how I found the Chrome workaround.
    I tried this absolutely no difference (actually seemed worse because one of the collectibles was still there after 20 seconds and they generally disappear between 5 and 10). I do seem to be getting more blue spots though so I am switching it back. It definitely doesn't help me.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am getting bellow error and my get go frozen. error is going in loop. Browser is chrome. I am able to view the error through developer tools. anyone else getting same error?

An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
    (Filename: Line: 397)

Reply to Thread