Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you released unity live like this

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Download the latest Firefox. Game does not crash. It does get stuck for a sec then start working again. I hope this allow you do some basic stuff while waiting for real fix.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpit View Post
    Download the latest Firefox. Game does not crash. It does get stuck for a sec then start working again. I hope this allow you do some basic stuff while waiting for real fix.
    oh I forgot that this works better on firefox - I had switched over to it on test but my live version is still hooked up to chrome.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have Found a Fix and Temporary Workaround !!!

I am struggling as everyone else is with the current state of affairs regarding the game . I have spent hours trying to figure out is it me ?...Am I expecting too much ?...what can I do to be a part of the solution and help my disillusioned and disappointed friends as opposed to being part of the problem ...and I am happy to say I have finally come up with a "fix" and I hope it works for you.

I pulled out my 1972 Atari Pong and play it while I wait to try and log on or for my Island to appear, and before I run out of imaginary memory....the white ball on the pitch black screen moves so quickly...at speeds I have not seen in ages, it gives me the feeling of progress, like things are happening and keeps me in a Zen state while the game loads.
    For Adventures my Coleco 1978 Pocket Quarterback as been an incredible help....while trying to select generals and troops configurations that can hopefully be sent to the adventure, my Coleco Pocket Quarterback responds instantly to my push of the buttons while delivering superior graphics and when I select play and start moving those little red x's and o's on the 4" screen it kinda makes me feel like its my Generals are attacking at top speed.
    I am studying Calculus and Advanced Physics while I send out my Explorers and expect to graduate with a PHD in 2028, two years ahead of the anticipated fix. A degree and get to play this game how can you beat that !
    My mom was also good enough to go through some old boxes and send me my old Little Professor Calculator and Etch A Sketch which still work !...I can now keep track of all my remaining resources in mines etc. as the pop up no longer appears.
    I have retained Canada Post who will now be handling all of my in game communications. They have a assured me a 5 day maximum delivery guarantee with proper postage. I will be running a Co-op RTF LS the third Saturday of each month at 9 am MST...please mail your intentions to me no later than the 7th of each month, which I will receive on the 12th and you should have my reply by the 17th which will leave you aprox 4 days to try and log on and send your troops oh and please make sure your browser cache and history are cleared beforehand.
    I have set up accounts under my user name SlinkyBird on both Kijji and eBay and will be conducting all RT's, Trades and Island Commerce there.
    So it is not all that bad, if we all buy some more gems and try these simple work arounds we can all get back to playing the game we once loved.
    And please lets not be so hard on BB as "he" "her" "it" did respond to the 1000's of complaints (multiple times I might add!) with a semi, sorta sometimes works solution to the font problem that was the most critical issue effecting all of us and even provided screenshots...did you see those amazing screen shots on how to adjust your font !!!
    Lastly folks lets be practical and realize how complex Unity is, they only had 2+ years notice that Flash was going to no longer be supported and have been able to keep the game a float switching to the downloadable version and now Unity and it only cost losing any Mac or other O/S owners, the devastation of Guilds, loss of long time players and little to no new members ....mere pittance I say. This is UNITY we are alive and have survived and to our fallen friends these are the costs when engaging in battle with a Multi National Gem Selling Corporation that knows best and we have to respect the intricate complexity of such a massive undertaking, I mean come on, what it took the world almost an entire year to come up with multiple effective vaccines for a global pandemic, Space Ex and others have developed and launched 100's of commercial rockets to place satellites in space in the same time frame as Adobe's long announced death, but lets be real here people these are basic simple tasks compared to Unity are they not ? So sit back, try my fixes and give BB a break and let them work on this horrendous font issue and maybe we will get some more screen shots !

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    LOL! Thanks for laugh SlinkyBird.
    I wish I still had any of the old gaming systems.
    Question though, does the Atari work on these new HD screens? Or did you have to dig up that huge tube TV cabinet?
    PS, they also made automated/driverless automobiles.

World
    Ares

Unhappy Seriously!!

Do you really think you need a template to know that this game is in some real trouble? I see mail that folks are ready to quit playing. (lost revenue for you!) Slow, slow, slow! Crash, crash, crash! And don't get me started on Explorers and Geos! Chat!!! Problems occur across Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, etc. You have folks that play this game, you shouldn't put everything on the paying customer (like me, and once again, lost revenue for you!), so get about fixings things!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well they had to do something! I mean since they can't actually fix the game issues.

World
    Ares
    1. When I select what type of mail to delete, it always show a warning message that all the mails will be deleted. I cannot select specific mail for that mass delete function. In addition, the mailbox doesn't show mails properly occasionally.

2. Reaction too slow, but the display doesn't come together with the action. I select adding resource today, but it came up with a red flying settler applied to the deposit. Are you kidding me? How can that happen?

3. I have to cancel an adventure today because I made a mistake and want to retreat my general. Then it comes that selecting a general on the way will always only pop up a window of another general. It is impossible to select that general. This is sooooo sad! Please fix this display issue as soon as possible. The various display issue is so frustrating that they affected not only the "display", but everything!

Please fix those bugs as soon as possible. Will you guys consider a HUGE compensation for those who stayed and played during this frustrated time? That's such a pain for us, and we did NOT give up. We are such valuable players.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    While I agree that we should get a huge compensation for our troubles, Even for those that have left temporarily, I would settle for a product that actually worked!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Changing mentioned flag didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING MAJOR LOADING & LAG ISSUES:

I found out that for some reason my Chrome browser wasn't using hardware acceleration, even though it is showing it's active. I discovered that by going to chrome://flags, there is an option towards the top of that Experiments page called "Override software rendering list". Turn that on & reload the browser. It has made all the difference for me, although individual game elements like the sleeping Zzzs and most of the text are a little fuzzy or don't have the sleekest animations. But my island loads quite well, nothing is crashing (yet), and collectibles are being picked up with the speed the game used to have. Some other items that others have mentioned, like missing green dots in the star menu and bookbinder showing a book is ready to be picked up when I have already retrieved it and started making a new one, are still issues.

I don't know what other browsers have for a setting like this, but you can look around the web. That's how I found the Chrome workaround.
    I changed this flag and then brought the game up and tried sending out some explorers. It is still just as bad and that is a game killer for me so if the changed worked for other things (which I did not see - still took forever to load the island), I would not know.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It seems that there might be a "magic" combination that allows some tasks to actually work. A combination of browser, operating system, hardware, software, etc.
    The only problem there is that the only ones who know this formula, will not share it.
    BB, how can you release a global product that only works for a secret few? I smell a conspirecy.

Reply to Thread