Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you released unity live like this

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Additional Issue: Every time I respond to an email, my answer goes out to the entire Guild as a Guild mail. *sigh*

I would also absolutely adore it if I could fully zoom into my island, and fully zoom out. Even changing my screen resolution will not compensate for the unacceptable limitation of the UI zoom feature (i.e. chatbox is still too small even at 200%, island can't be zoomed all the way into for close up inspection of buildings, etc.) which many of us complained about during test. Having to click settings every_single_time I log in (which is plenty as the game is so unstable one can only play for a limited time) is a royal pain in the tuckus with even more injury since it just is still not enough of a zoom. The temp client and former game were perfect ratio wise.

There are so many other issues still, so instead of ranting, and listing, I guess I would point the Devs to the Test Server Issues List and suggest that they go back to the drawing board and do some diligent fixing.

This is such a great game, and to have it hork up constant furballs like this really takes the shine off of it.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 07-20-21 at 01:49 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Additional Issue: Every time I respond to an email, my answer goes out to the entire Guild as a Guild mail. *sigh*
    oh that can be fun '). lol i cant even read mail though so i cant test

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I don't even know where to begin with... After spending a couple of hours on my island with this "new and improved" client, I'm just scared to log back in because I'll start hating the game...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    how about goin back to the old system ... this is a waste of time, effort, and patience

help this fix

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well with so many problems I see being posted, there obviously is no quick Unity fix via patches (it took many months to get to this point).
    So pretty much will be checking occasionally on the front page to see...

An announcement that they are moving back to the client for now.
    If not, then not even bother trying this unity version again for six months, and after that time might check out forums to see what's being said about Unity version after many many patches.

Laters.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    On a positive note, at least this version knows how to tell time. 3 hours is actually 3 hours, not 3 hours and 20 minutes or whatever random number.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Also, it feels like the FPS of unity is higher than flash was. When I drag around the map, it just feels much smoother to me.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so i see no one responded from bb about it not even loading beyond the brown bar.
    Ciara_Belle, in my 1st post here, I have referred to your problem. You quoted my post but I think you miss it. Anyway, since I can see you're in, I believe you can load up. It would be helpful for others if you could share how did you do it. Did you change your web browser from firefox?

About memory issue - are you using the 64-bit version of Web Browser?

We know there are issues with the game at the moment. Your feedback is communicated to the development team. As soon as we have more details to share, we will publish them.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    There are 72 pages of complaints about this on the German server (that's just one thread). Correction: In the few minutes it took me to type this, the thread is now up to 73 pages, almost up to 74.

BB, your update has made the game unplayable!

Some of the issues I found in my 10 minutes of playing before the game logged me out:

1. The lag is incredible. It takes much, much longer to do anything.
    2. I keep getting logged out every few minutes.
    3. It won't let me play on 2 servers. Logging in to one server immediately logs me out from the other one.
    4. The chat print is too small to read. I know how to adjust it, but then I get logged out and I have to adjust it all over again. Every. Single. Time.
    5. Sending geologists, whatever building is under the send screen at the time pops up.
    6. Sending explorers, a huge pop-up with all their skills almost covers the send screen.
    7. No green dots to be able to tell who's online.
    8. Event storehouses with an arrow wanting to be upgraded even though they're already fully upgraded.
    9. Bookbinder doesn't show when it's ready. But AFTER I harvested a book, then it showed there was a book to pickup. Duh.
    And that's just from the 10 minutes or so of play time I got before the game logged me out. I'm sure there are more issues that I haven't had time to discover.
    10. The mass collect for explorer mails isn't working. I assume that means it also isn't working for deleting buff notices and battle reports.

Sending explorers is impossible. I can't imagine how many hours it would need to send the 100+ explorers many people have. Nor can I imagine doing an adventure with the game like this.

BB, I love this game, but please, please, PLEASE make it playable!
    Yes please do

Quote Originally Posted by BarrickBane View Post
    What I don't understand is that many of these problems were known issues with the test server. How is it that a top level gaming company like Ubisoft would allow this to be released in this state?
    Someone dropped the ball
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 07-21-21 at 02:52 am. Reason: double post

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Ciara_Belle, in my 1st post here, I have referred to your problem. You quoted my post but I think you miss it. Anyway, since I can see you're in, I believe you can load up. It would be helpful for others if you could share how did you do it. Did you change your web browser from firefox?

About memory issue - are you using the 64-bit version of Web Browser?

We know there are issues with the game at the moment. Your feedback is communicated to the development team. As soon as we have more details to share, we will publish them.
    she used a different PC I believe - she couldn't use her brand new laptop I believe she said on global. I am not sure why you ignored bugs that occurred from day one with unity on the test server and all of a sudden 'feedback' is being communicated to the development team.

Reply to Thread