Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    BB never quite understood their clients. TSO players are not the typical gamers. The great majority of us have lived before video games were even invented and we have different expectations. Like the Bingo, bowling or cards, we're not impressed with the flashy features (the technical standards are indeed quite low), but we want something that works properly. We would be the easiest customers satisfy and to retain, but instead BB is treating us like they could sell us any other product.
    +1

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    This is unplayable. Please give us back the client for now and go back to the drawing board to figure out how to create a real unity version.
    I totally agree give us client back until this Unity is fixed so we can at least play the game. Unity means "the quality or state of being made one the only one" which pertains to BB only. We are missing out on days of premium that we have paid for to help line your pockets to keep this game up and running. Are you going to give everyone extended premium days back since you launched Unity. I feel this is a must you should do to show everyone you want them to stay. I bought a years worth of premium which cost just under $100 I want premium days returned to me or would like the $ back.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I ran a Witch of the Swamp. Not exactly a taxing adventure, but I agree that adventures seem to be actually functional. Minimal lag, and it runs pretty much as I expected. Good luck trying to load your generals trying to get there, though. I can't imagine doing an adventure with 25 generals.

I also tried to start a few mini quests. This is ridiculous and obnoxious. I'm not touching another quest until there's an update. I can't even drop quests and buffs onto the manor without the game repeatedly freezing for half an hour.
    I did Storm Recovery this morning and it was bad. When you apply buffs to areas, in certain areas the panel doesn't stay open long enough for you to apply it. It took me about 20 minutes before I could get it to work, I was figuring after wasting all those mats making that stuff I was going to have to abandon it.

Also, you are using an adventure that doesn't require much as an example. People haven't been able to recall generals, have been having a hard time because the map won't scroll out, I can't imagine blocks are working great either.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    +1
    Yes it made me laugh they appear to have worked on improving the appearance of the 'forge' and yet took away so much utility elsewhere. And oh, lets not forget the 'improvement' to the width of the scrolls bars which are wider now but don't work smoothly.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I did Storm Recovery this morning and it was bad. When you apply buffs to areas, in certain areas the panel doesn't stay open long enough for you to apply it. It took me about 20 minutes before I could get it to work, I was figuring after wasting all those mats making that stuff I was going to have to abandon it.

Also, you are using an adventure that doesn't require much as an example. People haven't been able to recall generals, have been having a hard time because the map won't scroll out, I can't imagine blocks are working great either.
    I wanted to get a sense of adventures after reading previously that the adventure maps have a lot better performance. I ended up running a Wood Cutter for a more detailed overview. Standard run with 26 generals and 5 blocks, most of which have over 10 generals. Again, zero lag. No problems at all attacking, including blocks. This was more informative, however. While I didn't have any performance issues, it sure is buggy. It's possible that some of these bugs are lag-adjacent, despite the general game performance being fine.
    • When loading troops, it doesn't accept your selection unless you wait until the selection actually loads on to the general. Fine. I can pretend to be patient.
    • Indefinite battles. Every battle, the generals just kept attacking. In order to actually get the results of the battle, I had to return to the home island, then go back to the adventure. The end results were what I expected, but the animation never ends.
    • Inability to zoom out all the way. This was mostly fine, but noticeable on the block on the right side of the map.
    • Again with the font size. Either I keep it at the default and it's hard to see, or I zoom in and the general names cover the generals so you can't see what troops they have. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I don't like the text in either case.
    • Generals traveling to random spots, or not traveling at all. Happened with a few transfers. A couple of times, they wouldn't go to unoccupied areas that they seemed to think were occupied until I went back to the home island to clear their minds.

One nice little surprise is that the generals remember the last troop type I equipped them with, rather than defaulting to regular troops. I always found this annoying when I normally want most generals to be using elite troops.

I wouldn't run Storm Recovery even if the game weren't broken, but Twins seems fine.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    That's great feedback Gwalben, but it just reinforces to me that the game is unplayable. It is NOT OK to have to go back to home island then back to adv island in order to see what's actually happened, or to get your gens to land, etc. This whole move to Unity is pathetic, and like I've said and others said, it seems they fixed junk that did not affect the performance or functionality of the game, but didn't bother to fix the most critical issues that were reported by those who tested. There is SO much of this basic game functionality that was broken on test, and reported, that didn't get addressed before they moved to Unity. I just don't get it. It's like they programmed it and never actually even played it before releasing it to test, then picked out a few easy bugs to fix so they could say they did something, and then released it to the public. None of this makes any sense at all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzustto View Post
    Gens cannot retreat as they cannot be selected after u sent them to an attack so be brave after u made a mistake with the wrong troops and diehard lol

If we are beta testing this unity version can we have a Beta Gate like the one in 2011? haha
    yesterday took me 7 tries .. SEVEN to get it to open the gen i was clicking on to retreat... instead it kept opening all the other gens...nightmare for actual adv where you need to attack and retreat

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    SO, while firefox seems the most stable w/ sending explorers and 'adventuring' (i mean wots and nords.. rest are a nightmare since gens are totally messed up)... i have tested 5 browsers and none seem to get mail w/o an immediate or next to immediate webgl coding error (the full error has been quoted many times in this and other threads)... i know i cant fix the coding (heck unity forums for OTHER games show its on the server / code side). last week i was able to at least struggle thru - get "some" mails and reload .. all .. day.. long. but now this week. i cant even get the mail to load.. or if it does it crashes a few secs b4 i can even get the a message read.
    any one have any tweaks they did to get that better? even 1/2 stable? waiting till august for them to improve the (to paraphrase bb traffer) "greatly improved" version of unity over test is kinda crazy

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbydaussie View Post
    On the home page it says "We apologize that some of you have had a negative experience with the Unity debut."
    Is there actually any real people out there that can play the game?
    What they should have said was "We apologize that ALL of you have had a negative experience with the Unity debut.
    I already had months without the game when they took us off Face Book.
    If they can't get the game running again in August I wonder if they will give us our money spent back before they trash the game?
    If I keep my star menu closed when on home island I can play not to badly. If I'm on an adventure, I can play. But anything requiring the star menu to be open on home island, game goes laggy as f***.
    So for loading generals to go to adventure, I click on the general on the home island rather then via star. So that helps cut down on some lag.
    Unfortunately, it takes about 30-45 min, sometimes more to send ot my 80+ expos
    Last edited by SG73; 07-27-21 at 07:08 am. Reason: clarification

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    BB never quite understood their clients. TSO players are not the typical gamers. The great majority of us have lived before video games were even invented and we have different expectations. Like the Bingo, bowling or cards, we're not impressed with the flashy features (the technical standards are indeed quite low), but we want something that works properly. We would be the easiest customers satisfy and to retain, but instead BB is treating us like they could sell us any other product.
    I agree 100% Kzar!!! And I'm one that migrated from Anno Online after it shut down. And that game was much similar to this one with a similar slower paced vibe to it

Reply to Thread