Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello folks.

I want to thank you for all your feedback, we are fully aware of the current state of the game and it's not something we want to keep. I am a Settler myself, and there are more Settlers in our team. We are doing our best to bring the game to its proper state.

I know I will repeat my words, but - the dev team is really working very hard to fix the issues. We know which issues are the most frustrating for most of you, and we want to fix them first so everyone can enjoy the game again.

The next update is scheduled for August - we currently don't have any "eta" to share, but we want to roll it out as soon as it's ready.

Compensation - this is something that has already been discussed with the team, however we fully focus on resolving the issues first. We will keep you informed about both cases.
    I think you should stop with the gem sales until this game is fixed. Since the 'team' had months to fix these problems when unity was on the test server and they did not, I am not sure the game can be fixed by who you have working on it.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I think you should stop with the gem sales until this game is fixed.
    I know it's a very unfortunate time to have the Happy Hour promotion running now.

I want to clarify this a bit: each instance (US/UK/DE etc) has a Happy Hour schedule which is scheduled well before it appears on the website/game. To answer direct questions - no, we didn't turn it on manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Since the 'team' had months to fix these problems when unity was on the test server and they did not, I am not sure the game can be fixed by who you have working on it.
    If you look at the Unity Test Server changelog, you will see that many bugs reported by players have been fixed. However, I get your point, and what you mean.

The Unity Test Server was a great help to the dev team and the reports played a big role during the process. We were aware that with the launch of Unity some issues would hit the live servers, but these were only considered as visual/graphical issues, so bugs we consider as "game breaking" will not hit the Live Servers. After launch, some old issues (considered as "game-breaking") reappeared and we have to fix them, which the dev team is currently working on.

Currently, we can only apologize for the current state of the game and I want to assure you that the team is doing everything we can to bring the game to the state we all want it to be asap.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    latest issue i found... some adv require a LOT of gens... and they don't all land cause the landing zone is too small... no biggie - we just choose the ones in star that are obviously empty and try to land those.. (after loading and moving landed gens). at least thats what i used to do.. NOW? now the star doesnt show whether there are troops on a gen in the star menu... so a) i cant see who may potentially still need to land (when you have 7 ygg, 6 mary, and 6 boris this becomes problematic). b) i cant see where i can load troops to AFTER the adv to send them home ((ie who's empty).

and of course... when moving troops or landing them.. IF you have a gen selected that you WANT to use. the game instead AUTO selects and switches to the Last one it built.. OVER and OVER.. and OVER again... OOOR the one that just returned back and went 'green to go' from an attack. so i lost 250 mm yesterday when the game auto switched JUST as i sent a gen .. twice in a row... annnd then wouldnt let me select said gens to retreat them.. no matter how many times i wanted to cause it was still moving and building gens.. by the time i got to select - he was dead jim.

and now weekly gave me a besieged city to run hahahah the game's RNG hates me ...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Why not just drop this massive failure and go back to the client until you can get it right? I just don't understand any of this.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    QUOTE=BB_Trafffer:

<snip> I am a Settler myself, and there are more Settlers in our team. We are doing our best to bring the game to its proper state.

I know I will repeat my words, but - the dev team is really working very hard to fix the issues. We know which issues are the most frustrating for most of you, and we want to fix them first so everyone can enjoy the game again.</snip>

Good morning, BB_Trafffer. Frustrating is the mildest and most sfw term that I can use at this point. My hope is that the Aug update will show significant fixes. I do have to say that this release has been far worse than even closed beta way back in the dark ages of the game. At least even that was playable, although of course it was not nearly as complex then and did not have a scrillion players as is/does the current game. For now, I have slept my island, and only sign in once a day with high hopes something/anything will be different. We only have a handful of guild members who even sign into the game now because it is virtually unplayable, and when they do, no one can see who else is on; since mail and chat only work intermittently there is no joy in The Creators' castle. Not to mention we still have players who are completely unable to access the game. *sigh*

I do want to thank you, Trafffer, however, for braving the pitchforks and torches here in the forum and keeping us all informed with what little info is available. I'm a firm believer in "don't shoot the messenger," and am sympathetic to the thankless nature of your job, made even more so given the current state of the game.

Yours in looking forward to the game restoration,
    ShuttlePilot
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 07-29-21 at 04:54 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    I am putting up 'Doomsday Trophy' on my Island as a protest sign of my frustration and disappointment and encourage other Settlers to do the same in solidarity...

And todays Gem sale with the game in the condition it currently is in -- Unplayable - is Fraudulent at best...!

BB Get Your Priorities Straight!

Which is defined as: "...to understand what things are most important for one to do or deal with."

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I know it's a very unfortunate time to have the Happy Hour promotion running now.

I want to clarify this a bit: each instance (US/UK/DE etc) has a Happy Hour schedule which is scheduled well before it appears on the website/game. To answer direct questions - no, we didn't turn it on manually.

If you look at the Unity Test Server changelog, you will see that many bugs reported by players have been fixed. However, I get your point, and what you mean.

The Unity Test Server was a great help to the dev team and the reports played a big role during the process. We were aware that with the launch of Unity some issues would hit the live servers, but these were only considered as visual/graphical issues, so bugs we consider as "game breaking" will not hit the Live Servers. After launch, some old issues (considered as "game-breaking") reappeared and we have to fix them, which the dev team is currently working on.

Currently, we can only apologize for the current state of the game and I want to assure you that the team is doing everything we can to bring the game to the state we all want it to be asap.
    I actually went on the test server when BB announced this was going to be taken live and I just don't see any difference between what was on the test server and what is live - they both play terrible. I am very much afraid that 'game breaking' to you is not the same as 'game breaking' to me. All this problem with sending explorers and geos and picking up buildings underneath and when doing so happened on the test server and lag, lag and lag and it still happens and that is what is making me not even want to play. Even buffing a building is an annoying challenge - open up the star - lag, target a buff, pick up a building underneath you didn't want to - have to x that out, sometimes you lose the buff too so you have to go back and pick it up again and then hope it applies. If you do that a minute or so before the zone refresh you lose everything and have to go back and restart the process again. I don't want to live with the out of memory issues but those actually were minor for me in comparison and I am guessing those are what you are considering game breaking.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    I am putting up 'Doomsday Trophy' on my Island as a protest sign of my frustration and disappointment and encourage other Settlers to do the same in solidarity...

And todays Gem sale with the game in the condition it currently is in -- Unplayable - is Fraudulent at best...!

BB Get Your Priorities Straight!

Which is defined as: "...to understand what things are most important for one to do or deal with."
    Doomsday trophies in solidarity -- perfect since (anyone who remembers Doomsday week) most of us are indeed seeing RED! Nice one, Pteris. : )
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by king-cyrus View Post
    Due to the mistakes of Ubisoft, fate of this game ​seems to be similar to the fate of anno-online :-(
    Having been one who went through the whole Anno Online thing. I concur. When they said they were no longer gonna support Anno Online, I migrated over to here cause many of my guildmates & fellow players on the server there came over to here

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Hey I am just glad they actually listened to the players enough to postpone launching Unity until after the soccer event. Can you imagine if we had to play that on this like was originally planned?

Reply to Thread