Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Noble
    World
    Ares
    So as far as the explorer sending problem is concerned, it seems to me the culprit is the star menu itself. Just leaving it open causes the game to constantly freeze and unfreeze every few seconds. (this is is on top of the lag in just opening a window). I was just testing it on my game on Firefox, and I positioned the camera near a sleeping mine so I could watch the movement of the bouncing ZZZs. Opening the Star menu caused a couple second freeze followed by more quick freezes that game every couple of seconds and kept happening as long as the star menu stayed opened, even if I did absolutely nothing. Closing the star menu would also freeze the game for a second but then it ran smoothly and uninterrupted for as long as I would stay there. Open the star menu again and again freezes every few seconds. This is why when I try to send explorers it constantly interrupts them and freezes making them hard to send, because the star menu is active while I do. Something in it is forcing a constant refresh.

World
    Ares
    The screen scaling reverts on reload to too d*** small to read.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sounds like a good idea. As long as no one recommends any of Ubisoft/Blue Byte games.

World
    Zeus
    You know BB should really be ashamed of themselves for claiming that the Unity version was ready for prime-time and playable. There is very little about it that IS ready. The Client was at least playable, and as playable as the game was when it was operating on Flash. This is so bad, that calling it a joke is an insult to stand-up comedians everywhere.

I suggest (seriously) that until BB finds a way to make the Unity version a reasonable platform for TSO players to play on that they put it back to the Client mode/version.

Furthermore, I seriously think that BB/TSO should extend not only Premium time, but Premium Friend Buff times for EVERYONE to cover the entirety of time that players have been encumbered by this Unity attempt. We are losing players in droves now, and unable to play the game. Taking a minute per explorer to send out, geos taking almost 30 seconds, and the inability to even try playing adventures/missions is wasting the Premium/PFB time we carefully spent resources/money on.

Cheers.

PS - I note that BB has yet to address even a single grievance here on the NA servers, I hope that they are on other servers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Delays in menus. Sending my explorers out took a half hour and things underneath the menu kept getting selected. Collectibles don't seem to disappear or move to my inventory when clicked on. I no longer have a building que.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

This is the game for me now. It's less fun this way.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    Delays in menus. Sending my explorers out took a half hour and things underneath the menu kept getting selected. Collectibles don't seem to disappear or move to my inventory when clicked on. I no longer have a building que.
    ya this... which i reported day 1 .. but ALSO .. lag clicks mean i nearly lost 2300 gems when it not only Opened a building under star (even after i moved star over the ocean it Found something! .. but then proceeded to choose the instant upgrade button!!!)

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkye View Post

This is the game for me now. It's less fun this way.
    make sure you dont have any .. additional helper apps running. ctrl-c them to close them, clear cache, restart browser. try again

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    The Unity Test Server was very helpful to our development team and would not have been so helpful without you players. The hard work many of you have done has been very important to the Unity version, even though some of you may feel it was "useless".

If you look at the changelogs (Unity Test Server forum) you will see a very large number of issues fixed. I don't want to throw away random numbers, but we had one single update that fixed over 35 bugs.

Some issues, such as the memory problem, were fixed and we did not receive any further reports until the live version was released, which could be for various reasons.

We still have bug reports from Unity Test Server waiting in the queue to be fixed. Most of them are related to graphic/UI.

Our top priority right now is to fix the "Game Breaking" issues we have, and the next update is scheduled for August. The dev team is working hard to provide it as soon as possible. We don't have any reason to "hold" the update, so we plan to release it once it's ready.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    BB

Maybe some would feel better about waiting yet another month for a fix if you released a PRE change log ( subject to change ) on what is going to be fixed. Most of us are at a real stand still when we can not just do simple tasks to play. Collecting mail sending explorers refilling mines etc. these are just the basic things we do in the game it does not even touch on the adventure play or the pvp some do or even just chatting with long time friends. FOR you to come here and defend your "test" fixes when you know these bugs are the same and have been listed countless times from test is assuming your clients that play must all be illiarite. Give us a break here the biggest beef we have all had is the simple fact "YOU" the game provider have known of flash exit for years not months years. YOU choose to ignore it and the game suffered the fail because of it. Now you want your clients to give you a pass on your inability to cope with the decision you made to not spend time rewriting the program in whatever language you choose to move forward in. Bottom line is we miss our game working we do not want to go backwards. We had to beg for years to get the ability to move mass mail into the star or mayor now it is gone again. It feels like YOU do not listen or want to listen to your clients. Not a single apology from Ubsoft YOU know that might have gone a lot farther then coming here and ranting that your test environment was taken serious when it is clear it was not. These people that give of their time to test your product for free should have a little more respect. It is really not our job as the client to do this for you and then be told we are not seeing the fixes correctly. Yes we are we are seeing that what we told you and stressed was ignored because your actions speak far louder than your words. YOU did not fix any of the major issues or bugs. At this point we are all smart enough to know its going to be a long slow process to get the game back to what it was. Some of us will limp along some will not. All will feel let down. I think maybe you should stop BB and take a look this is a long standing game and for so many to feel so upset tells you there is a love for this game that is like no other. For so many to fight so hard for change says so many still want to play. Maybe you should ponder that thought while you choose what your next move is to rectify the disconcern so many are having as your clients. I told you once before I will say it again to lie is wrong just tell the truth we are smart enough to be angry and still hold our cool if we are not lied to. Just my two cents from a long time player that is sad just really sad.

Reply to Thread