Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I just finished Unknown Regions (no, I'm not nuts to start that - I already had it started when we switched to unity) and didn't really find any performance issues but what I did find, which was very annoying, was that if I had a general screen open and was adjusting the units for my next attack, if another general returned home, all of a sudden I would be switched to that general and lose all changes I had just made to the general I was working on.
    I also see that now that we are on another day of this piece of crap and you haven't switched us back to the client that there must be a valid reason for not doing that and I am going to assume it was a one way switch and you can't switch back. You guys must be real amateurs. Anyone knows that before you do a major change like this, you take a backup of everything so you can roll back if needed. If that is not the reason you haven't switched than I have to assume you think we can be your QA department for the game. But, as you can see from the comments, people are leaving in droves and you therefore will not have any manpower to do your QA work for you. Hire your own **** QA people. I've been playing this game for almost 10 years and am very tired of you guys thinking we should test all of your crap.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    One more thing - even your Welcome page which talks about how you've seen many of our comments and gives us a link (https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/19879) to report more problems but the link takes you to a page that teaches you how to clear the cache on the various browsers. This is not a link to report problems. I have very little faith in you being able to fix the problems with Unity when you don't even know how to create a link to the page you're indicating.

Update: I see that they have now fixed this on the Welcome page.
    Last edited by Flame; 07-22-21 at 07:11 am. Reason: Update

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Guess this is another game that I like heading to the grave yard. Ubisoft killed off The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot years ago only to bring it back as a crappy app. I'm guessing they are just taking their sweet time murdering this one instead of just posting an announcement saying the servers are going to shut down. Maybe in a few years from now you'll find TSO as a crappy little app in the Google Play store.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This has strong indications of a forced cutover to Unity. I wonder if there is a license agreement/contract expiring soon and it was too expensive for BB to renew. So they slammed this Unity version on us, despite severely insufficient testing and debugging.

IRL I lead technology strategy for a global software engineering org and I've seen decisions to launch something before it's ready because it's too expensive to leave running in the current platform (it's rare but happens). Users suffer and howl. Teams scramble to fix lots of bugs. Eventually it returns to parity with the old platform, but always with lots of opportunity and financial cost.

Just a hunch. I have no facts about BB decision making.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Point of Order. Flame notes that we have been testing each and every changes for the past ten years. this is true. It is also true that we tested this in the test universe. What totally baffles me is that many of the issues I am seeing posted were posted in the test server. Which begs the question, "why were the issues not fixed in the nine months the test server has been on "unity"?
    I hope that those of you who are computer savoy, or on social media, are giving these incompetent game designers/engineers a good dose of humility.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sir Rodney, you bring up a possible reasoning for this fiasco. I believe the Military calls it a S.N.A.F.U.
    If I ever performed my duties in such a manner, I would find myself in a courtroom or jail, maybe both.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Given the sheer number of game-breaking bugs, best case scenario is that the game gets to pre-update levels in the beginning of 2022. By then, everyone will have left anyway, so there's no initiative to bother fixing this.

Now I know how Game of Thrones fans feel. In fact, I think this tarnished the game's legacy far worse than even the GoT ending. Even The Simpsons fans haven't seen anything fall so hard so quickly.

If they weren't even going to bother with the game anymore, they should have just announced they were pulling the plug when Flash died a year or two ago. It would have been much better than this. At least then, people might have been willing to try another Ubisoft product.

World
    Ares
    I'm not sure these have been mentioned yet:

While in an adventure, once I send a general to attack a camp, I can't recall him back. When I click on the gen's tent to try to have him retreat, a different general pops up. This is unacceptable, as some adventure maps require us to attack a camp and retreat before attacking the next one in line.

Also, something must have happened in the game code for the quest groups to be reordered while on the home island. Why is the first group for the Love Garden? And the guild quests are quite a ways down the list. This makes no sense.

Trade Office Selling:
    * When I click on the down arrow to scroll down the inventory, it's not scrolling one row or partial row at a time. It's doing an entire page, with the second page not showing the row of items that's only partially-showing on the first page. Unfortunately, that partial row on page 1 includes regular coins, which are used in trades all the time.
    * I think I understand why the item order for resources got changed to this new order, to have all the food be together, all the wood be together, etc. That one isn't too bad to get used to. But the order for everything else, based on the actual inventory amounts of each item (9 sandwiches is right before 10 improved mills) is asinine. That's not how us players are choosing what to sell (or receive from others), pretty much ever. Please put this back to the old system of buffs, extra resources like mine deposits, buildings, adventures, etc.

That's it for now, in addition to comments posted by others.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I was very enlightened by reading all of the insights by tech savvy players. It really seems that not many resources were invested in this changeover. I like to play with settlers in one window and do other things in another tab, switching back and forth. Totally not possible with Unity, as it seems to have to reload the tab when I stay away longer than 30 seconds. Same issues with sending explorers, etc. No one from my (admittedly small) guild has been on longer than a few minutes since the switch. They are my virtual friends and I miss the interchange with them and other friends on the game. Hopefully these things can be addressed IN A TIMELY MANNER. Not like my client troubles, which put me out of the game for 6 weeks at least.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    more bugs..

duration on multi buildings is messed up
    - choco factory
    - lovers statues
    - adventure bookbinder
    - etc..

Reply to Thread