Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Settler
    World
    Ares
    In all my years reading forum posts, i have never come across the best.
    the most epic forum post of all time was the one snaketeeth wrote.
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...l=1#post297555

as far as this game and BB are concerned... i was never going to give up on the game but the game has given up on me.
    Or the development team in charge of running it has given up on their player base.

8 years of devotion to the game but i have to walk away, not because i want to but because i simply can not play. the state the game is in is not playable at all.
    roll back to the previous patch or just shut the game down. those are the only 2 options you have.
    with that i bid you all farewell.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellvena View Post
    In all my years reading forum posts, i have never come across the best.
    the most epic forum post of all time was the one snaketeeth wrote.
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...l=1#post297555

as far as this game and BB are concerned... i was never going to give up on the game but the game has given up on me.
    Or the development team in charge of running it has given up on their player base.

8 years of devotion to the game but i have to walk away, not because i want to but because i simply can not play. the state the game is in is not playable at all.
    roll back to the previous patch or just shut the game down. those are the only 2 options you have.
    with that i bid you all farewell.
    you guys who were playing on the old client made things worse for yourself - anyone who has been playing on unity has already adjusted themselves to a whole lot of the badness. they can't roll back to the previous patch and have the event and if they aren't having the event they might as well fix this version - as for shutting the game down I am not sure anyone would even care at this stage but since I had wasted dollars on anno online which also shutdown and dollars on this game, I probably would never touch a ubisoft game again.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    as for shutting the game down I am not sure anyone would even care at this stage but since I had wasted dollars on anno online which also shutdown and dollars on this game, I probably would never touch a ubisoft game again.
    I will say this game, and the BB staff, were awesome in the beginning. The biggest mistake Blue Bytes made was letting Ubisoft acquire them. And yes I do agree, Ubisoft has a reputation for acquiring and then ruining, shutting down, or systematically destroying, the game/franchise over time. Thank you BB for the good long run. Ubisoft, you really need to learn how to NOT be "penny wise and dollar foolish", among other things.
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

World
    Ares
    No, Narasn. We have not all adjusted. Maybe you have, but none of the players I know play even a fraction of how much we used to play, some are not playing at all, and others have quit altogether. And regardless of whether BB shuts TSO down or not, I won't try another Ubisoft game. This whole, completely avoidable fiasco was very unprofessional.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've tried to adjust, but the game somehow is getting worse rather than better.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    No, Narasn. We have not all adjusted. Maybe you have, but none of the players I know play even a fraction of how much we used to play, some are not playing at all, and others have quit altogether. And regardless of whether BB shuts TSO down or not, I won't try another Ubisoft game. This whole, completely avoidable fiasco was very unprofessional.
    I am not playing as much as I used to that doesn't mean squat in relationship to what I am talking about. If you played for weeks with instant responsiveness to actions and then got hit by unity you would notice just how bad it is. That type of thing people adjust to if they play months with it. If people keep on playing that old client and then being forced to play unity every single time they notice how bad. Normal people all adjust in that way.

World
    Zeus
    We are just frustrated more, because despite them trying to run events even when the game doesnt work right, you get to be annoyed not only by poorly optimized, bug ridden, freezing game but also by not being able to get all the event rewards you wanted because you literally cant do all tasks you need to in the specified time. You either run out of time or patience. I rarely even turn on the game anymore. I open it from time to time just check whether it runs better. The loading times are ABYSMAL. So the frustration from crashes and freezes gets worse because you cant just restart the game because it takes 10 minutes to load on modern hardware. The worst thing is, there is no way these devs actually play the game. Most of these bugs are VERY noticeable. How do you not focus on these issues first? Maybe there is a communication issue? Maybe the devs do not get these bug reports from these forums.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The game is utter garbage right now, and has been for nearly a year, and I honestly do not think anyone at BB gives a flying frick. They don't even bother trying to lie to us about fixing anything anymore.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleeter View Post
    The game is utter garbage right now, and has been for nearly a year, and I honestly do not think anyone at BB gives a flying frick. They don't even bother trying to lie to us about fixing anything anymore.
    Have you seen our latest changelog?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Have you seen the latest complaints?

Reply to Thread