Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

World
    Zeus

Exclamation Live unity version feedback

Its smoother but it still needs polish.

A couple of bugs noticed right away:
    - collectibles' animation is playing behind the collectible not on top of it. on web you would use higher z-index
    - spacious storehouse is showing an icon for an available upgrade even though its on lvl 6 so it cant be upgraded
    - the game keeps freezing, mainly when you open another window
    - memory usage is still high. maybe theres a memory leak?
    - the game autodecides to use 90% scaling on FullHD screen with the browser window maximized.
    - when you want to use a deposit style item, the scrollbar defaults to the lowest amount not the highest amount like previously
    - scrolling inside the star menu sometimes cause zoom in/out on your island
    - placing buffs sometimes causes weird graphical bugs
    - you cant zoom in/out as much as you used to

If anyone else has found other bugs, feel free to add them here.

The freezing is the biggest issue for me. Its unplayable this way.

World
    Zeus
    I cannot think of a better game killer then an Epic Failure after six months of promises... ;(

Hello? 'The Settlers Online' Unity version is Unplayable!

Very little is functioning correctly and/or without extreme delay in feedback or action/animation.

One example: Buffing is almost impossible and will take forever to complete an entire island... But don't worry about that since you will receive the "Out of Memory" ERROR "If you're the developer... blah, blah, blah...!" long before you could possible buff your entire island.

This consistently reoccurring ERROR requires a reset of the game every time it occurs...

Or try picking up your finished Tome in the Bookbinder and making another one... Only took me eight minutes to complete.

Mail Inbox is devoid of any mail and Outbox only displays sent mail when hovering mouse over the Subject column.

The game freezes every two to three seconds but you quickly learn to try to complete tasks in-between the freezes and the regular occurring 'Zone Refresh' will interrupt any activity in the Trade Office (T.O.) if the T.O. window is open when the refresh occurs.

Forget that game maintenance like Buffing, sending out Explorers & Geologists, collecting Collectables, emptying your Mail, etc. was approaching unacceptable lengths of time (45 minutes or more for many long term patrons of the game) it now will take hours and numerous restarts of the game to just do your daily tasks! This is totally unacceptable! I want to play a browser strategy game not establish a new career in professional patience...!

I was hoping to be able to play a browser game called 'The Settlers Online' today... Congratulations you made that impossible!

Give us back the 'Client' version -- at least the game was functioning under that crappy Flash version of the game.

Signed a very disgruntled Pteris ;(

P.S. I found that if you locate the Star Menu over open water this will eliminate the click-through Background Pop-ups; while Scrolling is unstable using the Plus and Minus keys works for Zooming in or out; setting the UI Scaling tp 100% or higher and Zooming all the way in seems to help or it may be my wishful thinking...

P.S.S. Wishful thinking has ended since Pteris has not been able to load his Avatar or Island since the August 4, 2021 Maintenance that resulted in the No Connection to the Server loading error -- Hammer Man loads from the game's opening of its window... Hammer Man and No Connection to the Server continues. Pteris ;(

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I love this game, but..... Pteris is right on target. Unity is one giant step backwards. What happened? Please fix this soon. Yes, the client version was much more playable. This one is near impossible. Are you trying to kill the settlers online? Hoping.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    That Unity version is a major failure. Not playable anymore. Sending explorers is a real pain. i send some out of hundred i have and i stopped, it take 10x the time it use to be. Mail system sucks. Nothing work properly. Please give us back the Client version and if you really want to use the Unity version work on it cause it sucks big time. I will not play that Unity version for sure. I play that game daily for many years, but if nothing change soon i will gladly quit and find me something else to play. It is very funny to waste my PFB btw.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    I cannot think of a better game killer then an Epic Failure after six months of promises... ;(

Hello? 'The Settlers Online' Unity version is Unplayable!

Very little is functioning correctly and/or without extreme delay in feedback or action/animation.

One example: Buffing is almost impossible and will take forever to complete an entire island... But don't worry about that since you will receive the "Out of Memory" ERROR "If you're the developer... blah, blah, blah...!" long before you could possible buff your entire island.

Or try picking up your finished Tome in the Bookbinder and making another one... Only took me eight minutes to complete.

I was hoping to be able to play a browser game called 'The Settlers Online' today... Congratulations you made that impossible!

Give us back the 'Client' version -- at least the game was functioning under that crappy Flash version of the game.

Signed a very disgruntled Pteris ;(
    Totally agree, and feel as if BB lied to all of us.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Angry issue with tissues

Game loaded fine, but then the problems started.
    have to double click on explorer or geologist tasks, very slow responses.
    click on a explorer or geologist and a building comes up.
    windows open on top of other windows.
    book factory still has previous book finished icon on roof.
    mines look like they are done but not.

But thing always seem to go with upgrades, keep up the good work.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Now they do.
    I am in agreement with Pteris and Chorous.
    Although, I was unable to try most of the functions because I can't read the micro type of the unzoomable graphics!!!
    Epic fail by BB. I thought they were a top game company?!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Oh, forgot one, can not use forum in game conversation, will not post .

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Now can not access my woodcutter map, will i lose it and my generals and troops?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This is unplayable. Please give us back the client for now and go back to the drawing board to figure out how to create a real unity version.

Reply to Thread