Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    SNAFU indeed. Such a shame BB set such high expectations for Unity yet delivered a broadly inadequate product. A few gremlins are expected when doing such a large lift & shift. BB management massively failed to properly manage this product. Lack of vision to move off Flash before Jan 2021. Under estimated Unity migration effort. And now a severely deficient Unity launch. It's quite impressive a group of "professionals" have failed so spectacularly. To my earlier point, it feels like this Unity launch was artificially forced to meet a deadline.

Anyone willing to share other places they're scratching their strategy game itch?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    With all the current issues going on, I can no longer play this game. Been playing for around 8 years. Would love if we could go back to the client version, at least until more bugs can be worked out.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Unity loads faster/more reliably for me at startup than the client did. The important distinction is that the client, once loaded, functioned fine (as long as I didn't have a New quest... New quest... New quest... New quest...), whereas this version just keeps having loading issues.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Tried last night and tonight to do stuff in game. Game is pretty much unplayable.

I have over 80+ explorers. Last night it took about an hour to send each of them out. Tonight took about 45 min to send out about 75 of them. I click on an explorer. Get part way through trying to send one out, game lags. Have to wait sometimes 10 or more seconds before it will let me finish sending out the expo. Same with geos

Chat box is small and text is so small it makes it hard to read. Many other text boxes & text also very small. And I don't see any way to make the font/text bigger

Mail, I cannot "mass open/mass delete". Have to open each mail one by one. And also have to manually scroll up on about 2/3rds of the loot mails to where I can click to send items to star or inventory. So please increase the size of the loot mail window so I don't have to manually scroll up to see the "star/inventory" buttons. And please fix the issue of not being able to mass collect/delete mail

Can't tell who in my guild or on my friends list is on as no lights light up. Can't tell when I've got a private message or when there is a new message anywhere (guild chat, global etc) as it doesn't blink or show that there is a new message/comment. Have to physically switch to the different chat tabs to see if there has been anything new said

Takes about 10 minutes for my island to load. And it slowly loads each building one by one. A guildmate last night said she went to another guildmate's island to drop a Barazaak on his RPH. And it took her almost 10 minutes to drop the buff as it wouldn't let her drop the buff till the island had completely rendered. And it took close to 10 min for the island to load

Click on collies, and the animation happens under the collie and takes about 15 seconds or more to clear.

My L6 Spacious storehouse is showing the icon to suggest I can upgrade it even though there is no available upgrade

Click on the book binder. I clear off the completed book. Put a new one on to cook. And when I leave the book binder, it still shows that I have a finished book to collect. Even though a new book was just put on to cook

Discovered mines don't show unless you hover over them

Listing all of this so as to give an idea of the issues that I've had as of day two of Unity going live (me trying to play on both days)

Running Windows 10 in Chrome browser

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    They released it with bugs that were reported day one on the unity test server. They released it with serious game bugs I reported in detail months ago. Don't blame the testers. No one I know said the game was ready to go live. In fact, I believe they claimed they had better versions than they even put on the test server. Pretty hard to test that which they didn't give us, although I actually can't see much if any improvement over the test server myself. In fact, I see some problems I never even noticed on the test server but I imagine that is because my island is full now.

yup i specifically said the last test version was too buggy and bb_traffer adv'd it had been improved!

World
    Ares
    One other bug I just discovered: When reloading the game (which I have to do now periodically if I'm playing all day, didn't used to have to reload), the zoom in the game's settings reverts back to default, 90%. Why isn't this setting getting saved from session to session like all the other settings?

What, you don't want to have a book queue of almost 26k days?

Oh, and I have Windows 10 (older CPU in general, but has played the game well), running updated Chrome

--

Another bug? My computer settings are set to 24-hour clock, but the chat boxes are showing up in 12h time. They've always been the same as my computer settings in the past, so I don't know why this got changed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Too bad the zoom does not work. Before you tell me how to use the "in game" zoom. Realize that the game size is too **** small too see to click through the steps. Genius move by so called professionals.

World
    Ares
    Screenshot of the premium-time section of the loot. This should be in the lower section of the message instead of on the same insanely-long line of the primary loot batch.
    Attached Images

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Rodney View Post
    SNAFU indeed. Such a shame BB set such high expectations for Unity yet delivered a broadly inadequate product. A few gremlins are expected when doing such a large lift & shift. BB management massively failed to properly manage this product. Lack of vision to move off Flash before Jan 2021. Under estimated Unity migration effort. And now a severely deficient Unity launch. It's quite impressive a group of "professionals" have failed so spectacularly. To my earlier point, it feels like this Unity launch was artificially forced to meet a deadline.

Anyone willing to share other places they're scratching their strategy game itch?
    I have yet to find anything quite like Settlers. Everything out there is either first person shooter or geared toward six year olds.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Since the game is unplayable for pretty much everyone, we probably could just make a thread for game recommendations. I generally only do free online games, but I feel many of us long time Settlers players are the same way.

Reply to Thread