Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    5 days now unable to play at all...

BB_Trafffer I sent you two Private Messaged as of August 5, 2021 and yet have had no reply or fix so I can play the game... Also no reply and/or fix from Support yet...

Last Maintenance Broke game for many when it was at least possible load the game to do some things before -- now can not even load the game without the Hammer Man from the start! Fix the No Connection Bug!

Pteris

I have read all the messages you and other players sent to me regarding this issue.

As I mention here, here and here the dev team is working to fix this, at the moment I would suggest trying some of the workarounds posted on the forum.

We also received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Javascript. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no javascript/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Javascript Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and JavaScript doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.

World
    Zeus
    BB_Trafffer getting the new Version of JAVA does not fix the No Connection to the Server loading error... I can confirm that workaround does nothing to fix seeing the Hammer Man upon the game's window loading! ;(

Pteris

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    BB_Trafffer getting the new Version of JAVA does not fix the No Connection to the Server loading error... I can confirm that workaround does nothing to fix seeing the Hammer Man upon the game's window loading! ;(

Pteris
    Same here. No luck here either. Frustrating.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronostheinsane View Post
    Same here. No luck here either. Frustrating.
    same!!!

World
    Ares
    I hope to have the chance to play again before they pull the plug, at least just to say goodbye.
    Whence comest thou?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    this is just so bad. this game is dead, how in the hell did this pass quality control??

World
    Zeus
    ....well, tbh, the java update 'fix' really is nothing more than a Tier 1 tech support canned recommendation, akin to 'clearing cache'. Yes, on rare occasions it does help, but in most cases it does not and just keeps the user occupied and off the 'phone' for a while.... used the Java direct update just for chits and grins... no obvious effect seen.

Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Java and Javascript are not the same thing BB_Traffer. Javascript is translated by the browser. It is a part of the browser so it gets updated only with browser updates.
    Java is a completely different programming language, usually used for desktop and server applications. So you would need to download the client you linked to run applications written in Java. The unity version is NOT written in Java. It is written in Javascript - client based web scripting language, inside your browser. Please do not tell people to download Java, it has nothing to do with the game. People just need to have their browser up to date.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultim View Post
    Java and Javascript are not the same thing BB_Traffer. Javascript is translated by the browser. It is a part of the browser so it gets updated only with browser updates.
    Java is a completely different programming language, usually used for desktop and server applications. So you would need to download the client you linked to run applications written in Java. The unity version is NOT written in Java. It is written in Javascript - client based web scripting language, inside your browser. Please do not tell people to download Java, it has nothing to do with the game. People just need to have their browser up to date.

fair point.. however my browser is fully updated -- still fails javascript errors.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was finally able to get into the game the last few days. Today back to hammer for two hrs and can't get in!

Reply to Thread