Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Live unity version feedback

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Anyone know how to fix javascript errors? Can't get the game to load as it is giving me some sort of javascript error. Any help would be appreciated

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    Anyone know how to fix javascript errors? Can't get the game to load as it is giving me some sort of javascript error. Any help would be appreciated

It's not something you can fix. It's a coding error. Devs have to fix it.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    That is a drastic improvement on the test server. Star menu seems to work as well as client version did at least. Was able to send out all my explorers in a row without waiting or freezing. No long pause trying to open the star menu either. Granted, I have much less stuff in that star menu than on live so will have to wait in order to properly stress test it. Still takes a bit to load the island fully though, but that is to be expected since original test server has the island prebuilt with a lot of buildings, and flash used to store a lot of that data on my computer whereas I am told that Unity does not meaning it has to load everything every time. Didn't reload to test the scaler memory though, but assuming it stays at whatever size you leave it like the changelog states, that will make things much nicer as well. Overall, this fix is a pretty good start IMO. Any word on how long to deployment?

One downside to note: I still can't play on Chrome as it still gives me the "hardware acceleration is disabled when it is not" glitch, that severely slows down the games loading ability. Have to play on Firefox to avoid that.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Please make sure you are playing on the correct test server -> (https://www.tsotesting.com/en/homepage). Only the first test server received the update.
    ok I was using the first unity test server - the explorers and geos do send out faster (they still take awhile to actually go though) but it is odd both the first unity test server and this test server are doing the same thing when buying items from the merchant - you buy an item get a greyed out screen, then an hour glass, then you can see the items again and then you get a blank brown panel before you get the item.

the tool to destroy or move buildings takes an awful long time to appear - I am not really sure the move one actually ever does since I haven't been able to move a building yet. Nope can't move a building. (this is no longer happening today - not sure what the issue was yesterday).

And when destroying a building I keep on picking up other buildings in the area, same thing as happened before when sending out explorers - what is that....

plus my character pic in the upper left hand corner is not the character pic I selected, nor is it the character pic showing down on the character bar and that is from the start no change

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    If the measure of whether the game is playable is lag, what's on Test now seems to address that. I'm sure there are a lot of bugs, but that is the biggest problem that makes all but the most basic tasks (and even some basic tasks are too much) pointless. The star actually seems functional. Of course, I don't know whether the amount of what's in a star has an impact on that.

Quest menu is still kind of annoying the way it seems unable to focus on the task at hand.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    If the measure of whether the game is playable is lag, what's on Test now seems to address that. I'm sure there are a lot of bugs, but that is the biggest problem that makes all but the most basic tasks (and even some basic tasks are too much) pointless. The star actually seems functional. Of course, I don't know whether the amount of what's in a star has an impact on that.

Quest menu is still kind of annoying the way it seems unable to focus on the task at hand.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the lag has been fixed. It is still a lot slower than it was on the stand alone - putting a crappy version out first maybe just lowered people's standards.

The collectibles still take between 5 and 10 seconds to disappear.

World
    Ares
    Has anyone else using firefox receiving this out of memory msg?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAngelYY View Post

this is all browsers- also a coding error can only be fixed on their end. i get less on vivaldi..

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say the lag has been fixed. It is still a lot slower than it was on the stand alone - putting a crappy version out first maybe just lowered people's standards.

The collectibles still take between 5 and 10 seconds to disappear.
    I can't say I'm particularly concerned about the speed of collectibles, but can confirm I am also having this issue.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAngelYY View Post

I am and I am not getting that message but I haven't stayed on for more than 30 minutes or so at one time on the test server. If you are talking about the live game, I don't get that at all generally. Maybe once since the start and I have left that open for hours.

Reply to Thread