Reply to Thread

Thread: Downloaded Client - Can it still be used?

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Downloaded Client - Can it still be used?

Can the temporary downloaded client, which was working very well, be used instead of the new Unity client?

Everything is very slow, even on my gaming PC.
    I can no longer play the game on my Surface Pro 2; the touchscreen no longer registers.
    I don't see any mail in my inbox, even when explorers return.

Unless it's possible to use the old client until the Unity version is fixed or improves, I guess I have to say goodbye

If that's the case, then thanks for the fun game I [mostly] enjoyed through the years.

Tek

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    plus 1

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The client had many issues, but at least it was playable (usually). Unity is not. Can't even get geos to send.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Translation of a post by BB Kumakun on the German forum today:

"So I can confirm that the client was not a dream and excluded Macler and Linuxler.
    The reason why we had now even dared to publish Unity were among other things the comments related to the client.
    "Client broken, stupid, not working, only lags, only aborts". "Can't load the client, nothing works", "Better bring Unity out like on the test, can't be worse than the client".

As we see "yes". The only good thing at the moment is that Mac and Linux users can now "get into the game", even if playing is not really possible. We know that, we're working on it. But we cannot just "go back". Unity was a one-way street, so it was only possible in one direction. Resetting it is critical, if not nearly impossible to implement. BUT we are currently looking at what is possible, you may just have to test it again with the reset. But I don't want to make any promises here, as soon as I have information, I will share it."

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for the information!

I'm choosing to look on the bright side... I now have more free time to spend on other things.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Translation of a post by BB Kumakun on the German forum today:
    Resetting it is critical, if not nearly impossible to implement. BUT we are currently looking at what is possible, you may just have to test it again with the reset.[/I]
    to me reset means basically a server restart to clear all ram and load the software again so any issues caused by corrupted data are cleared and any updates to the game code are loaded fixing bugs. usually done daily at around midnight - 1 am server time and takes 5 minutes.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquilynne View Post
    to me reset means basically a server restart to clear all ram and load the software again so any issues caused by corrupted data are cleared and any updates to the game code are loaded fixing bugs. usually done daily at around midnight - 1 am server time and takes 5 minutes.
    this was like this on the test server though - there were no bugs caused by the application of unity - this WAS how unity played on the test server for months...

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekleader View Post
    Can the temporary downloaded client, which was working very well, be used instead of the new Unity client?

Everything is very slow, even on my gaming PC.
    I can no longer play the game on my Surface Pro 2; the touchscreen no longer registers.
    I don't see any mail in my inbox, even when explorers return.

Unless it's possible to use the old client until the Unity version is fixed or improves, I guess I have to say goodbye

If that's the case, then thanks for the fun game I [mostly] enjoyed through the years.

Tek
    It's not possible to use the download client that we used in the past. The dev team is working on fixing all the "Game Breaking" issues which we are experiencing right now. A new update is scheduled for August.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Ok, thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll check back then.

Reply to Thread