Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild chat

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Guild chat

I have been logged into the game for almost an hour and my guild chat hasn't loaded yet.

Global, Help, Trade, and all other chat are working.

What's the deal?

All I see is a white blur in my guild chat box that used to be the welcome message.

You can't even read it.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I just noticed this and tested it out 3x today. All 3x worked. Hope it works for you.

Used Chrome and Windows PC

While game is open in one tab, I opened another tab and stayed there for at least half hour reading news.
    Then went back to game. Saw the Chat reconnecting/refreshing message. Then it connected to guild chat.

Not sure if being in a diff tab within the same window made of diff or not. Will test it in other browsers.
    Maybe someone else found something else that works or a diff tweak on it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You need to type in the chat for it to activate

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Tried that, and it only showed my message, nothing before my messages.

World
    Zeus
    2 different things:

1. Regarding entering the chat window, yes, you have to actually move the cursor to the chat line and click then type.... Works fine until another process completes and generates a pop-up (production from ANY building, e.g. PH, RPH, Chocolatier, Barracks, eBarracks and etc) which then takes the focus away from the chat window and you will have to re-click in the chat window; if you were in the middle of typing, the text should still be there to continue, just press, 'end' key when the cursor is in the chat window and it will take you to the end.... This focus issue has been previously mentioned in other places, but not responded to by any BB....
    2. Specifically relating to Guild Chat (aside that the Guild banner text is all jumbled together making it unreadable), about 3/4 of the time, the chat of previous posters does NOT show in Guild Chat Tab, unlike other tabs. A reset, clear cache normally does not 'fix' it, but randomly, about 1/4 of the time, some chat in guild chat does present itself. Not sure if BB has responded to this one either.
    Just for reference, both of these have been tested in the test server and have the same and identical issues.

Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread