Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Report template

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    External zoom still not affecting Unity. Either fix this bug or change the default size. that way I CAN AT LEAST SEE WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    https://prnt.sc/1fbu7lg

When I click on a menu, the menu pops up for things behind it.
    When I click to open a new menu, old menus do not close, even if they are UNPINNED, they still don't close.
    Windows and menus pile up and become unresponsive unless you close them one by one.
    Note the assassin on top of the star at the bottom of the page, he's been there ever since the purchase, does not go away.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death View Post
    Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings. Using chrome, game completely froze after 3 hrs. It freezes every few seconds before that. It ain't me, this is fastest computer I have with the most memory I've ever had.
    As a continuum on this point (and other's like it), here is a screen shot of one I just received while on Home Island just completing my Guild Quest:

Total system memory here is 64GB, not including Paging files. As the error message states, it seems to be a setting(s) not properly configured within the program itself.
    Based on the memory usage at the time of the message it seems it failed working with 64MB! That is so Millennial of a memory size.

Cheers.

PS -- Just for clarity, that error message may be confusing to players, but in this case it is not that the system is out of memory, but that the PROGRAM has run out of allocated memory. Whether the game can be set to use more or not is a developer problem, in this case it is not the system running out of memory.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    you know you claimed the bugs in the queue were display and/or UI errors and this bug was reported in the first few days on the unity test server and it still exists.

the harbor function will function as a third provision house

https://prnt.sc/1fn2tiy

World
    Zeus
    I can not use the report template since there are sooo many issues to report, it would take miles of pages plus hours of time to report all the issues in this fashion. So I am just going to list all the issues that I have noticed and can remember right off, since these issues are constant and/or reoccurring all the time and on every browser and on every operating system.

1. It takes approx 30 secs in total to send each explorer/geo before you can even open the next one to send. That is if it even sends at all, because the constant lag spikes returns the expl/geo as if you never sent it at all.
    2. opening the star menu, if you try scrolling through it with the mouse wheel, it zooms in/out the island map while scrolling the star menu
    3. When the styar menu is open and you attempt to select a buff/geo/expl/etc within the star menu, sometimes it selects something else in the star menu rather than what you had actually clicked on
    4. When trying to select something in the star menu, quite often it selects something on the map behind the star menu (this also happens when trying to select an option within the explorer/geo options menus.
    5. The game has more lag than I have ever seen in this game before, like every 3 or so seconds there is a lag spike requiring you to select everything twice or even 3 and 4 times before it actually registers (like collectibles, sending explorers/geos, etc)
    6. mousing over the population icon does not show anything, you have to actually click on the population icon and open the window.
    7. Every production bar of every production building, if you mouse over the production bar, nothing shows up, so it's impossible to see how long is left of the current production.
    8. Periodic game freezes due to the lack of memory pops up randomly requiring a complete reboot of the game again.
    9. Trying to type in chat occasionally changes focus from chat and opens various boxes or moves map to various locations as if you were using hotkeys.
    10. The green light icon on players logged in the game no longer shows, so none of us can see when someone in our friends list is on.
    11. opening mail, it takes forever for inbox to display what's actually in your inbox, otherwise it is just completely blank.
    12. Opening the inbox, once your mail is finally loaded, it all appears in one constant page, there are no other pages, previously there were 50 mails per page, now it is all just one very long page.
    13. in the mail, the ability to select mails by type is completely gone, so the player has to accept, delete, etc every single mail one at a time.
    14. when a geo finds a resource, the resource does not show up, only an icon above it showing specialties found in that resource, you can only see the resource if you mouse over it and/or place a mine onto it.
    15. If you visit a friends island, it takes 5x longer to load that island than it does to load your island island at first log in.
    16. When trying to use the scroll on the side of the star menu by clicking and holding the scroll bar, it also sometimes moves the map up and down while trying to scroll through the menu.
    17. the buildings on the map, even when not moving the map around, sometimes seem to refresh visibly as well as blue boxes appearing over the refreshing areas.
    18. even after the game has fully loaded, whenever moving the map to other sections, it's filled with blue areas that need to be loaded, then they load, then if you go back to an area of the map that you had already been to, it again needs to load up again with the blue boxes all over the area.
    19. the text colors of each tab are all the same, no difference in their colors from global, to guild, to TO.
    20. when opening the guild chat box, everything is overlapped on one line at the very top of the chat window (excluding the actual chats, just the message and info and such, the actual chats show up where they are supposed to).
    21. buff effects don't always appear on buildings that are buffed, you have to mouse over them to see if those buildings are actually buffed.
    22. while the game has a hard refresh every minute or so (showing a box that says game refreshed), there is a constant minor refresh every 3 seconds or so that lags the game even more than it is constantly.

These are the issues that I have noticed that I can remember off the top of my head at the moment. Needless to say, this version of the game was nowhere near ready for deployment. The removal of the client was extremely premature. There should have been an option to use EITHER the unity version OR the client until the Unity version was actually ready to go. Or better yet, the unity version should never have been released in this condition. What was the point of launching the Unity version on test server if nothing was gonna be fixed before being released for general play? This is the worst condition I have ever seen this game and I have been playing since Feb 2012. The client should still be active for us players to use while all the issues with the Unity version gets worked out.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This one is a bit more nuanced:
    1. Use a unbuffed, tavern gen.
    2. Search for ore - not stones/marble
    3. Mine is found BUT there is no marking. Hovering over it reveals it. Attempting to build a mine shows the location too.

It only affects ores found with geologist that does not have any enhancement that would cause wreath to show over the deposit location.

This will be insanely frustrating for new players as they will not find deposits easily.
    Last edited by Zeuserus; 07-25-21 at 05:42 pm. Reason: better clarification

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    https://prnt.sc/1g53bi7
    The old guild quest and new guild quest at same time.
    Quest is not changing at the right time, a few minutes early, or sometimes late.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

An error detected in zone after issue with Bookbinder

How did the error manifest itself?
    The error comes at login, saying "An error was detected in this zone. Please try again."

Date and time - When did the problem occur?
    Happening since Sunday 11:30 pm PST

What did you do last?
    Please briefly describe your activities in the game.

After bookbinder had completed making a manuscript (while the window for the bookbinder is open), I had clicked on the button to get the completed book. There is another button next to the completed book, a check mark. After getting the book by clicking on the book icon, I accidently clicked on the other button, which is to make the next book, without actually selecting a book. This puts that zone in error, and doesn't log in.

Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced?
    The problem occurred twice. The first time it happened (some time Saturday 8 pm PST), the zone recovered in 30 mins. The second time it happened it hasn't recovered. Same steps were performed accidently.

Have you already done the first steps?
    Please have a look at this topic: Help with Game, Connection Problems
    The first steps often fix errors. Did you check if the error still occurred afterwards?
    Have you cleared your cache and cookies?
    How to clear cache and cookies can be found here.

Seems to be an error in the zones, clearing cookies doesn't help

Can you take a screenshot of it? (if possible) A screenshot is very helpful and supports your message. If you can take a screenshot, you can simply upload it via the forum as an attachment.
    Attached

Which operating system do you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ...)? Windows
    Internet provider / Internet speed:
    Internet access (LAN/WLAN/UMTS):
    Please attach Screenshots of the Dev Console (Press F12 in the browser while you experience the error). Please send Screenshots of the "Inspector" Tab AND the "Console" Tab.
    Don't see inspector, attached console tab

Which browser AND browser version are you using?
    Microsoft Edge, latest
    Attached Images

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    https://prnt.sc/1geg54u

error message

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Problem with Logging in

I can only remain logged in for a couple of minutes before I get an error for Java Script. This problem occurs every time I log in and has done since the last update. The error occurs even if I don't do anything after the log in - just look at screen.
    I don't understand the error message.
    Attached Images

Reply to Thread