Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report template

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Report template

Report template explanation

• How did the error manifest itself?
      For example: error message, connection lost, etc.
    • Date and time - When did the problem occur?
      Please state here the exact date and time when the error occurred.
    • What did you do last?
      Please briefly describe your activities in the game.
    • Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced?
    • Have you already done the first steps?
      Please have a look at this topic: Help with Game, Connection Problems
      The first steps often fix errors. Did you check if the error still occurred afterwards?
    • Have you cleared your cache and cookies?
      How to clear cache and cookies can be found here.
    • Can you take a screenshot of it? (if possible) A screenshot is very helpful and supports your message. If you can take a screenshot, you can simply upload it via the forum as an attachment.
    • Which operating system do you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ...)?
    • Internet provider / Internet speed:
    • Internet access (LAN/WLAN/UMTS):
    • Please attach Screenshots of the Dev Console (Press F12 in the browser while you experience the error). Please send Screenshots of the "Inspector" Tab AND the "Console" Tab.
    • Which browser AND browser version are you using?
      You can find the exact version of your browser as follows:
      • Firefox.
        Menu: Help > About Mozilla Firefox
      • Internet Explorer
        Menu: "?" > "About"
      • Google Chrome.
        Toolbar: "Wrench icon" > "About Google Chrome".
      • Safari
        Menu: "Safari" > "About Safari".

Also kindly add reproduction steps and don't hold back with how detailed they might be.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 07-21-21 at 06:58 am.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This error pops up about every 5 minutes, no matter which browser I'm using: "Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings." The game freezes and I need to reload the game.

How did the error manifest itself?: Pop up box.

Date and time - When did the problem occur?: Approximately every 5 minutes since the Unity version went live.

What did you do last?: Clicked to open my mail.

Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced?: Yes. It reproduces itself every 5 minute or so.

Have you already done the first steps?: Yes.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?: Multiple times.

Which operating system do you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ...)?: Windows 10.

Internet provider / Internet speed:: Comcast. 200Mbps

Which browser AND browser version are you using?: Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. All 3 give me that same error.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Impossible to login. I'm using google chrome, but have tried with microsoft edge with same result. I just get a brown loading bar across the screen but nothing happens.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    You guys are doing a great job. Sure there are quite a few bugs but you will work them out. Speed is my biggest issue. Patience is not my virtue. Being able to group e-mails to send/delete them would be nice to bring back. A lot of the issues is not being able to do what I was doing before. Being able to see the time left on the book tribute (since it runs every 7 days and I buff for the last 5 or 1 hour to get 5 instead of 1 manuscript.) When a general is attacking it says he is retreating. I can not see his recovery time till he can attack again. When sending out explorers there is a sub menu that pops up that I need to close before finishing to send that explorer out or the next one. Maybe the mouse is too sensitive cause the menu that pops up seems to be some building below on the map. The excelsior is fixed, thank you for that fix.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Can not see the mines the geologist finds. Which mines are which. They show up when you try to build on them.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

quest icons on the right.

When you check on a quest so it shows up on the right as a icon and then open it up. Only the first quest shows up and then that quest is repeated for the rest of the quests. Like site preparations - produce at least 1450 adv paper (1200/1450). Then you can not see your progress with the other quests.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    There are so many issues that make the game unplayable, it's hard to know where to start:

1. Latency. When sending an explorer, you have to wait 1-3s after each click.
    2. Many click are applied behind the popup. For example, you click on an explorer in your star menu, the click happens on the building behind, or the general behind, etc.
    3. Many texts are missing now, with some placeholder images showing.
    4. Texts often time overlap. For example, the name of the general displayed on top of the troop numbers.
    5. When you hover a general in your start menu, you can not longer see what troops are assigned.
    6. Treasure of Knowledge: randomly, landing places disappear. I have to leave the map and go back in.
    7. Clicks don't always get the right object selected.
    8. Overlays appears on top of each other instead of dismissing the previous popup. Combine this with the phantom cliks described earlier and you can get 3-4 popups on top of each other that have to be manually closed. WIth the latency I mentioned, this is a pain.
    9. when buying something from a store, often time the animation that shows the items sent top your star menu stops with the items fixed forever on top of the star menu.
    10. when applying buffs, the animation may not appear until you leave the map and come back.
    11. many more other issues.
    12. the least of my issues: it looks ugly in general.
    13. event buildings (from easter events and others) show the animation as upgradable. They are not.
    14. the home island map takes a very long time to load: building and animations take 2-3 minutes to be fully loaded.
    15. changing numbers (troops, buildings, etc.) is a pain. It's hard tos elect the current number (used to be selected by default). When you update it, the information do not update (number of resources used, etc.) until you press enter or leave the field.

I will check in a couple of weeks if the game is playable again. Right now it's all frustration and no fun.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    When I click on something in star, the window pops up for something else behind it. It clicks on the layers underneath instead of the window or menu you have opened.
    Trade glitch (invisible trades) is still there.
    takes approximately 10-15 seconds to send one explorer, and sometimes the game blinks and the explorer bounces back.
    Scrolling on Mail and Guild Roster, does not work properly.
    Windows that are NOT pinned do not close when you open another menu or window, they stay open, and sometimes prevent you from opening something else.
    Storm recovery is glitched, it drops the wrong buffs even though you are holding the correct buff, and fails.
    No lights to show who is active on friends list or guild.

So many more, too many errors to list, taking a break until its fixed, it's unplayable as is.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Beta tester report

How did the error manifest itself? All the time or as specified every time the game is launched.

Date and time? All the time

Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced? Yes these are constant issues presently and steps to reproduce are included.

Please have a look at this topic: Help with Game, Connection Problems - I am not having a connection issue, these are BETA level errors I am reporting.

The first steps often fix errors. Did you check if the error still occurred afterwards? Please, these are consistent and constant errors.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies? No these are GUI issues

Played on Windows 10 desktop with 16k RAM
    Firefox 90 64bit
    Internet speed 250mbps down/10mbps up
    Ethernet connection, no wifi degradation here.

Reposting issues I put in a feedback thread as this is the bug report thread, adding more as I'm going into full beta tester mode

1) Ghosting metal/stone
    Some nodes are invisible, showing when you mouse over them and going away when the mouse is no longer over them.
    Noted in https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...s-icon-missing

2) Chat Box Issues
    2a) Can not size, can only minimize and open, no drag larger - partially fixed, the top drag taller is back.
    2b) Very small font, options show game auto sets for 90, must UNDO AUTO and then it will let you manage size. This has to be done every time you relaunch the game.
    2c) Chat tabs dont blink. one has to check the tabs manually.
    2d) Guild tab information overwrites that its the guild tab making the first part illegible.

I just wanted to reiterate that the response time in the new unity browser game leaves something to be desired.
    Bleed through mouse overs and delays in action.
    Click on your citizens on the top bar (mouse over no longer works to get the sub menu to open)
    mouse over to a troop type. It shows 1k not 1025, not 1111 but 1k
    click 1k and it then opens the general that is under the drop down.

clicking on collection items takes 5-20 seconds to process. If you are trying to go quickly you may be clicking the spot 4 and 5 times thinking the original click did not register.

Quest book issues
    1) Main quests will not stay minimized.
    Every time anything updates in the Quest Book the Main Quest List expands. I dont want it open. I want it to remember that I have it minimized.
    Open the Quest book and Main Quests is expanded again. Try to minimize it , it flips open, minimize it again (toggle down arrow to right pointing arrow equals minimize). It stays until you close and reopen the Quest Book.
    2) Weekly quests are no longer on the bottom.
    They are now much higher. Muscle memory frustration.

All crafting menus no longer have the output icon showing on the right hand side of pointer
    Example:
    Provisioning House -
    Select Rough Drill.
    Craft 2 groups of 25.
    Materials to be used are on the left.
    Blank screen on the right.

Example 2:
    Snack Stand
    Craft 10 groups of 1 Red Flying Settler
    Materials to be used are on the left.
    Blank screen on the right.

Another bug reporter shows screen shot https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...t-icon-missing
    This is happening on ALL crafting windows, the icon that should be to the right is blank.

Bookbinder
    Go into menu and select Manuscript.
    Click button to start working on book.
    Nothing happens in menu.
    Upper left screen shows a notification that a book has been moved to your inventory.
    You remember that you set a manuscript into production before but there was no observable way to remind you as the book ready icon comes up regardless of if there is or is not a book.
    Click button to start working on book.
    It now shows time for manuscript production.

Settings
    Some settings like Background Sounds or Background music remember their settings.
    UI sizing does not, every time we open the game it shows locked on 90.
    We must then click the unlock button and then put our preferred size.
    EVERY SINGLE TIME
    I would put this at a pain point of 10.
    Last edited by Selisity; 07-22-21 at 07:38 pm. Reason: added internet info

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99799 View Post
    This error pops up about every 5 minutes, no matter which browser I'm using: "Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings." The game freezes and I need to reload the game.

How did the error manifest itself?: Pop up box.

Date and time - When did the problem occur?: Approximately every 5 minutes since the Unity version went live.

What did you do last?: Clicked to open my mail.

Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced?: Yes. It reproduces itself every 5 minute or so.

Have you already done the first steps?: Yes.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?: Multiple times.

Which operating system do you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ...)?: Windows 10.

Internet provider / Internet speed:: Comcast. 200Mbps

Which browser AND browser version are you using?: Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. All 3 give me that same error.
    this one.. every time i open mail.. i can reload and ONLY do mail .. same .. randomly i can get a few pieces of mail collected - more often than not i get the webgl error.

Reply to Thread