Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a few workarounds for unity until bugs are fixed.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb a few workarounds for unity until bugs are fixed.

In Game workarounds until Unity bugs fixed.

1) Mail
    While there is no work around for mass accepting of loot / treasure mail I have found yet, to avoid the building / general / marshal behind the window opening up on you, you have to work slower and make sure the icon you are highlighting actually shown the mouseover response.
    When you get a server disconnect error close the mail window and wait 30 seconds before going back in, the deleted mail that was hanging around should be gone and no more server disconnect message.

2) explorers / geos
    The only real way to deal with the lag when sending them is to slow down and wait until their sound bite has finished.

3) Generals on adventures
    due to the generals needing the “focus” for switching flags when their status changes you can avoid the big suddenly your window has changed and you lost your work refilling troops by only doing so when all generals are sitting in their camps. Very rarely, the focus switches back after the change is made, it’s only happened 1 time for me in 10 adventures.

4) chat issues
    even if your talk box isn’t showing the blinking cursor ( common now ) you can usually still chat.
    There is no work around for when chat dies on you you will need to relog to get it working.

5) ui size
    the part gear just under your AV to open the menu, then click the full gear to open the settings window and turn off the autosize near the bottom. You can then increase your ui elements to a size more easily readable for you.

6) map
    a) zoom
    don’t use a scroll wheel if your mouse has one to scroll through the star menu, it also impacts the map behind.
    b) scale [ zoom out ]
    nothing to do but suffer the fact the unity map will not zoom out as far so it’s harder to see more of your island. Also harder to shift generals on adventures when you can’t see as much of the map.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    First, these re all major issues that were present in test. Why are they still issues?
    Second, in regards to #5.How do you suggest I find the part gear and then read the menu options when the graphics are too small to see in the first place?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrickBane View Post
    First, these re all major issues that were present in test. Why are they still issues?
    Second, in regards to #5.How do you suggest I find the part gear and then read the menu options when the graphics are too small to see in the first place?
    Discussion about long running bugs from even the test server is in the feedback thread above this one. I know they should have been fixed before going live, it doesn't make the developers look good they weren't.

does your os not have a screen magnifier? I know mine do.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    external magnifiers do not affect Unity! Hence the complaint! The start up page, yes, the forum page, yes, the game... sadly no.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for the tips, Jaquilynne. I'd like to add one: I haven't been sending explorers because it takes so long, but to send the geologists without the hassle of buildings underneath opening, I shift my screen over to the far right side so there's nothing underneath but water. It's still painfully slow but at least it avoids the annoyance of building screens opening when I don't want them to.

World
    Ares
    My workaround: sleep everything & only check in to get the gem progress and see if the GQ is just a click. That's it. I'm not staying to play.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    My workaround: sleep everything & only check in to get the gem progress and see if the GQ is just a click. That's it. I'm not staying to play.
    Just about sums up how ive played this game for the last 2 years. Even sending 100+ explorers out has became too much of a time burden outside of events... and after trying unity this is practically impossible. Theres no work around for this, other than do things slower.

appreciate your tips, but i feel this games current state is practically frustrating and unplayable until things get ironed out, hopfully sooner rather than later.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquilynne View Post
    In Game workarounds until Unity bugs fixed.

1) Mail
    While there is no work around for mass accepting of loot / treasure mail I have found yet, to avoid the building / general / marshal behind the window opening up on you, you have to work slower and make sure the icon you are highlighting actually shown the mouseover response.
    When you get a server disconnect error close the mail window and wait 30 seconds before going back in, the deleted mail that was hanging around should be gone and no more server disconnect message.

2) explorers / geos
    The only real way to deal with the lag when sending them is to slow down and wait until their sound bite has finished.

3) Generals on adventures
    due to the generals needing the “focus” for switching flags when their status changes you can avoid the big suddenly your window has changed and you lost your work refilling troops by only doing so when all generals are sitting in their camps. Very rarely, the focus switches back after the change is made, it’s only happened 1 time for me in 10 adventures.

4) chat issues
    even if your talk box isn’t showing the blinking cursor ( common now ) you can usually still chat.
    There is no work around for when chat dies on you you will need to relog to get it working.

5) ui size
    the part gear just under your AV to open the menu, then click the full gear to open the settings window and turn off the autosize near the bottom. You can then increase your ui elements to a size more easily readable for you.

6) map
    a) zoom
    don’t use a scroll wheel if your mouse has one to scroll through the star menu, it also impacts the map behind.
    b) scale [ zoom out ]
    nothing to do but suffer the fact the unity map will not zoom out as far so it’s harder to see more of your island. Also harder to shift generals on adventures when you can’t see as much of the map.
    i actually don't see any 'workarounds' in there. all I see if you have to wait and refresh the game a lot - did we need a thread for this?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    please do not make threads like this. I know you want to be helpful to the players and I appreciate that, but one thing I have noticed over the years of playing is that if a glitch/bug/problem has any sort of workaround at all, regardless of its efficacy, BB will not bother to try and fix it anymore, but instead just refer people to the workaround.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    A few things I have found that have helped.

I noticed that when ever I had my star menu open on home island, the game would get very laggy. But game appeared to be fine when not in star menu.

For loading gens to go to adventure, I am loading them by clicking on the gen on home island rather then via star menu. Not much lag this way.

For sending out expos and geos, like has been said, try to load them between freezes/lag. I have found I've gotten a bit of a rhythm down for sending them out. So instead of over an hour to send out my 80+ expos, it takes about 30 min or so

I also found that when sending out expos or doing stuff in star, sometimes a building or something on the island underneath the star would pop up. So what I try to do, is find a large enough spot on water where there are no "clickable" items. And that seems to cut down on other clickable items popping open.

I have also taken to shutting off animations for stuff like sleeping buildings, buffed buildings etc to help with the lag. The downside is having to hover over different buildings to ensure ones you keep buffed are actually buffed

I also mentally prioritize which expos I want to send out first. Then that way I can go through my expos at my leisure. And if I decide I don't want to send more out, then I've at least sent out the ones I deem important. And ones like Tavs, Savages etc may not get sent out

I have found that on adventures, I can access star menu without any real lag. (Such as for dropping shoes etc)

For retreating gens, I haven't had too much issues. Though only tried retreating twice so far.

Also found that some gens seem to go on a "never ending" attack. Solution to that is to leave adventure island and them come back to it. And then I will see gen returned/returning from battle

For the "small text" & other small things issues, I have put the game in full screen mode and that seems to help with that. I think there is ways in the settings to make actual size changes. Though not sure on how to do that

*NOTE* The things I listed I only did so to try and help make it at least a bit less unplayable until BB fixes the issues. These suggestions are in no way a suggestion for BB to ignore the issues. Even with these suggestions/insights, the game is still pretty much unplayable
    Last edited by SG73; 07-27-21 at 07:25 am. Reason: Additional info

Reply to Thread