Reply to Thread

Thread: Brown Bar of Death?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Brown Bar of Death?

During test server I had this issue.

Now Unity is live and I have this issue.

The game basically stops trying to load. No error messages. The page loading animation stops.

I've cleared browser cache. I've cleared browser and windows DNS. I've used THREE DIFFERENT BROWSERS. I have all ad blocking turned off. I accept cookies for Ubisoft.

I couldn't play using the last version of the client and was told Unity would fix things.
    Attached Images

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    And in case anyone asks, I disabled my virus protection and my malware protection too.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So, I have to ask, why would a reputable company create a game that one must disable virus and malware protection?
    What is the big conspiracy that Ubisoft is involved in?
    Last edited by BarrickBane; 07-25-21 at 11:57 am. Reason: spelling

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrickBane View Post
    So, I have to ask, why would a reputable company create a game that one must disable virus and malware protection?
    What is the big conspiracy that Ubisoft is involved in?
    Some software suggests disabling anti-virus software for installation as those things sometimes can block on a false positive. I was testing it out with them disabled just in case my anti-virus was preventing something from being added to my browser. Covering my bases.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    That just doesn't sound prudent. Kind of like not wearing a seat belt because it might trap you in the car during a wreck.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Was hoping someone from the test server could bring up some good news like "It finally goes fluently, no need to wait 10 seconds after each click"......

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Another update, another period of absolutely not being able to play at all. I've even tried packet capturing to see if something can be found. Nope. Some app data is sent to me, then all of the sudden it stops. It's like the connection is just being dropped without anything notifying that it has so my screen just stays with the full progress bar.

Here's a little tidbit that may (or may not) be related. Images attached to their news postings won't load for me. On any browser, with all security settings disabled. Won't even appear if I try to manually load them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    All right, since support won't get back to me on my latest ticket, I decided to do a little more troubleshooting. It appears that I can access the game on my account on other computers (including another on my home network).

This is good news. Because now I can try to find out why my computer has problems and these others don't.

Anyone have any suggestions? I mentioned all the things I did before to my computer to make sure something else wasn't keeping it from working.

Reply to Thread