Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: I miss the game soo much but too hard to play when things are soo dang small

  1. #11
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    World
    Ares
    I've always felt annoyed with the chat box. It expands up, but not side to side. I dont need to re-read the above, but rather see past the 4 words i have written / am writing. The resolution is out of control now, especially on smaller screens/monitors. finding myself squinting to read, that can't be good haha.

  2. #12
    Noble
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    440
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrickBane View Post
    Not to poke, but what part of "why won't external zoom commands affect the graphics?" do you not understand.
    My eyesight isn't completely shot, I just don't enjoy sticking my face into my screen to read "unity" default size.
    you were complaining about the graphics were too small for you to change the UI in the first place. I was giving you the solution to that problem because guess what they aren't going to change the game immediately at the snap of your fingers. Stamping your feet and saying ' FIX the sizing issue now' doesn't work in the adult world.

    nvm I know what the problem is - last time I used magnifying glass it worked just fine - not sure if windows update happened or what. But stamping your feet and saying now still isn't going to work.

  3. #13
    Noble
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    440
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by foton View Post
    Unfortunately the game does not save it though which is part of the problem. Every time the I get a "Zone Refreshed" I get kicked back into global chat from guild chat and the scaling resets to its initial state. Again they are using a tool which enlarges the whole UI interface when all that needs to happen is to increase the size of the font in the chat window. I say most people because a lot of the comments both here in the forums and online on 2 separate servers (Zeus and Newfoundland) there are many many complaints about not being able to read the chat because it is too small.
    the people who it isn't too small don't go around complaining - given the way chat works I am doubtful if many people are even touching that chat for any communication so you really have no idea how many people are playing which is what you would need to know in order to determine whether it is most or not. I am 64 years old and don't have young eyes and it is fine for me.

    and yes chat and the interface control panels size should be separated. I am almost tempted to make the chat even smaller because I don't like the interface being as large as it is even with 90, i.e. default.

  4. #14
    Recruit foton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    20
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    the people who it isn't too small don't go around complaining - given the way chat works I am doubtful if many people are even touching that chat for any communication so you really have no idea how many people are playing which is what you would need to know in order to determine whether it is most or not. I am 64 years old and don't have young eyes and it is fine for me.

    and yes chat and the interface control panels size should be separated. I am almost tempted to make the chat even smaller because I don't like the interface being as large as it is even with 90, i.e. default.
    Ok to satisfy your belligerence on the subject I will state that most people I communicate with and from a lot of chat I see in global chat on 2 separate servers and here in the forums on 2 separate servers the small chat is an issue. Is it the majority of the hundreds of thousands of people who play this game I cannot say but the point is that it is an issue with a lot of players. Perhaps you have some special power that allows you to read the small font that a lot of other players do not have. If so then this is not your fight so leave it alone, sit out 10 feet from your monitor if it is too big for you and you want it smaller. I am also over 60 and for me (and many many others) the font is too small.

  5. #15
    Noble
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    440
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by foton View Post
    Ok to satisfy your belligerence on the subject I will state that most people I communicate with and from a lot of chat I see in global chat on 2 separate servers and here in the forums on 2 separate servers the small chat is an issue. Is it the majority of the hundreds of thousands of people who play this game I cannot say but the point is that it is an issue with a lot of players. Perhaps you have some special power that allows you to read the small font that a lot of other players do not have. If so then this is not your fight so leave it alone, sit out 10 feet from your monitor if it is too big for you and you want it smaller. I am also over 60 and for me (and many many others) the font is too small.
    all they need to do is fix it so once you adjust it it stays or is adjusting it once too much? it is the interface I don't want larger and sitting 10 feet out from the monitor isn't going to fix that if you get your wishes.

  6. #16
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    74
    World
    Ares
    Agreed. If they'd fix it so that we got to choose the font size & it stayed as what we selected each time we logged in & or switched between island (home, adv, friend's etc). I think most would be happy with that

  7. #17
    Noble CoffeeCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    307
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    Agreed. If they'd fix it so that we got to choose the font size & it stayed as what we selected each time we logged in & or switched between island (home, adv, friend's etc). I think most would be happy with that
    As long as it applies to all text windows & menus as well as chat that would be great. Just magnifying the whole shebang is unhelpful.

  8. #18
    Recruit foton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    20
    World
    Zeus
    Agreed there is no need to magnify the whole thing you can do that anyway by zooming in/out as has always been the case, just the text and menus like you said. As I said in my original post "they are using a tool which enlarges the whole UI interface when all that needs to happen is to increase the size of the font in the chat window.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    all they need to do is fix it so once you adjust it it stays or is adjusting it once too much? it is the interface I don't want larger and sitting 10 feet out from the monitor isn't going to fix that if you get your wishes.
    From my original post "they are using a tool which enlarges the whole UI interface when all that needs to happen is to increase the size of the font in the chat window"

    Nuff said?
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08-02-21 at 12:55 am.

  9. #19
    Noble
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    273
    World
    Ares
    the latest update has made it so that when you change the size, it stays that way when you reload. At least that is part of the changelog

    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...4291#post54291

    "UI: UI scaling settings will no longer reset after restarting the game"

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts