Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I miss the game soo much but too hard to play when things are soo dang small

Recruit
    World
    Ares

I miss the game soo much but too hard to play when things are soo dang small

I would love to play this game again but you need to fix the size of things in the game i cant even read emails also the chats just too dang small and everything else so whats the point cant even see the lvl of my char this is so sad look at this https://prnt.sc/1gfobfq

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello.

You can increase your UI size from the In-Game Settings.

1. Click the "Cogwheel" on the left side, under your avatar.
    2. Click the big "Cogwheel" again (enter options).
    3. Disable "Auto-Scale".
    4. Increase your UI size.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello.

You can increase your UI size from the In-Game Settings.

1. Click the "Cogwheel" on the left side, under your avatar.
    2. Click the big "Cogwheel" again (enter options).
    3. Disable "Auto-Scale".
    4. Increase your UI size.
    How do you suggest I do these steps when the graphics are too **** small to see in the first place!!!Fix this sizing issue now!
    I am not a programmer, but this seem like it should be a simple edit.
    Oh, and why won't external zoom commands affect the graphics?

World
    Zeus
    If I may add my 2 cents, the scaling of the UI may be nice for toy value but realistically most of the players want to have the font size in the chat window increased, not necessarily the whole of the UI. The font used for the chat is way too small for almost everyone and should be an easy fix to have it bumped up to the next size. Keep the overall scaling of the UI if you wish but first increase the size so everyone can read it. On that point as well please have the scaling of the island overall adjusted so that the zoom out is correct again,we used to be able to see the whole island when zoomed out but can barely see 1/4 now, this makes it very difficult for sending attacks especially on larger adventure island. I'm sure these have been entered as bugs/deficiencies in other threads but I would just like to reiterate that these are game breaking issues as well.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by foton View Post
    If I may add my 2 cents, the scaling of the UI may be nice for toy value but realistically most of the players want to have the font size in the chat window increased, not necessarily the whole of the UI. The font used for the chat is way too small for almost everyone and should be an easy fix to have it bumped up to the next size. Keep the overall scaling of the UI if you wish but first increase the size so everyone can read it. On that point as well please have the scaling of the island overall adjusted so that the zoom out is correct again,we used to be able to see the whole island when zoomed out but can barely see 1/4 now, this makes it very difficult for sending attacks especially on larger adventure island. I'm sure these have been entered as bugs/deficiencies in other threads but I would just like to reiterate that these are game breaking issues as well.
    Chat isn't too small for most everyone though. All they need to fix is for people that need it larger to only have to do it once then the game saves it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrickBane View Post
    How do you suggest I do these steps when the graphics are too **** small to see in the first place!!!Fix this sizing issue now!
    I am not a programmer, but this seem like it should be a simple edit.
    Oh, and why won't external zoom commands affect the graphics?
    windows has a built in magnifying glass so you could use that to adjust that - look under accessibility tools. I am surprised if your eyesight is that bad you weren't aware of that.

and if you aren't using windows, I imagine other operating systems also have accessibility tools because that is pretty standard. you could also download a tool from the internet.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Chat isn't too small for most everyone though. All they need to fix is for people that need it larger to only have to do it once then the game saves it.
    Its too small for me. I would also 2nd that the option we update should remain through multiple logins.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    windows has a built in magnifying glass so you could use that to adjust that - look under accessibility tools. I am surprised if your eyesight is that bad you weren't aware of that.

and if you aren't using windows, I imagine other operating systems also have accessibility tools because that is pretty standard. you could also download a tool from the internet.
    Not to poke, but what part of "why won't external zoom commands affect the graphics?" do you not understand.
    My eyesight isn't completely shot, I just don't enjoy sticking my face into my screen to read "unity" default size.

World
    Zeus
    Unfortunately the game does not save it though which is part of the problem. Every time the I get a "Zone Refreshed" I get kicked back into global chat from guild chat and the scaling resets to its initial state. Again they are using a tool which enlarges the whole UI interface when all that needs to happen is to increase the size of the font in the chat window. I say most people because a lot of the comments both here in the forums and online on 2 separate servers (Zeus and Newfoundland) there are many many complaints about not being able to read the chat because it is too small.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Changing the settings (especially every time) is not good but mostly functional. I'd rather not use an external program, but ZoomIt LiveZoom seems to work fine, although it does increase everything when yes, it is just the text that is too small. When something starts off at 90% by default, it's probably going to be too small.

Reply to Thread