Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 04.08.2021

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

We received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Java. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no java/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Java Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and Java doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08-10-21 at 04:10 am.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    sadly some of cannot install the new java -- for example if *i* do it breaks my work apps (yes i know they should be keeping up but its out of my hands), and many of us play on work pc's ...so ... many will have to wait till you fix your end.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I have a completely freshly rebuilt operating system. WITH the latest updates of everything including JAVA installed. the only constant is hammerman

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Trying to get past the hammer and blue water screens have taken longer each day since the crappy update. Today I can't get past the hammer on any computer or browser. I have never missed a login except for storms knocking out the internet. I have too much time and money put into this game to give up on it I was hoping we were going to get a better explorer interface to send them out quicker but that won't happen anytime soon. I have no problem logging into the test server, I just don't get it.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone.

We received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Java. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no java/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Java Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and Java doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.
    Reports from our members who have still been able to access the game, indicate that the updated JAVA is not working for them at all. Still same issues across browsers. TC is a very tech-savvy bunch, so this does not bode well. Pteris has been unable to play for days, constant hammer man, and Perwyn and others still cannot access the game at all. I continue to have my entire island slept except for a couple of production items.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    someone asked me to look at epic farmyard today... so i did. and wow.. its a mess. now i've had all levels complete on this for years. i mean i'm level 77. but when you open it (after you move the window up to see it all) its missing a ton of levels... case in point wheat -- 10, 20.. then.. 60?? where's the middle ones?? horses cap out at 40.

and lastly, you cannot change any production.. it pretends to do it but then nothing happens. nada.. zip .. zilch.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    someone asked me to look at epic farmyard today... so i did. and wow.. its a mess. now i've had all levels complete on this for years. i mean i'm level 77. but when you open it (after you move the window up to see it all) its missing a ton of levels... case in point wheat -- 10, 20.. then.. 60?? where's the middle ones?? horses cap out at 40.

and lastly, you cannot change any production.. it pretends to do it but then nothing happens. nada.. zip .. zilch.
    Confirmed on my end. Epic woodyard and epic forge are similarly broken.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    You know, maybe if my island didn't refresh every 15-20 seconds I could actually do something. I can't even use chat because what I type gets lost when it refreshes. This game is utterly and thoroughly unplayable.

World
    Zeus
    It's a minor thing, but my ore deposits that are ready to be mined are not visible. This should be a relatively easy fix (I would think). Also, as per the latest update, it's possible the response time is better than it was; it still is not nearly what it used to be, however.

World
    Zeus
    I am not dead but 'The Settlers Online' is dead to me!

A baker's dozen days (13) since August 4, 2021 Maintenance brought the Hammer Man upon the game's window loading along with the No Connection to the Server notice...

No emergency patch or even a concrete response as to when this Ubisoft made Bug will be fixed so that effected people can actually get their Avatars and Islands to load up and be able to play the game such as it is.

What an epic lousy FAILURE...! Truly worthy of computing game history for the reputations of all involved.

Pteris

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Reply to Thread