Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 04.08.2021

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    We've had this discussion before a few times and always come back to Eastern Time being the most logical choice because it's a time zone Americans actually use. Of course, that assumes that the times posted are actually accurate. Do they use GMT anywhere? Looks like just Brazil. Now that I see that, the times used actually are GMT, but shouldn't have been. They usually go with what the local community would use. I can't imagine GMT being the least confusing point of reference for most Americans, unless maybe you link directly to the conversion for them, which I guess is functional, albeit a bandaid.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello folks.

Sorry for the mistakes in the schedule, I also set the wrong time (02:00 EDT instead of 00:00 EDT) - servers are online now.

I also saw a discussion where most players wanted to use Eastern Time. However, if more of you want to use a different time zone, feel free to create a new thread and we can discuss it. For now, we will continue using Eastern Time, and I will check it out a few times before going live

Noble
    World
    Ares
    So some feedback after the update: Well first of all when I logged in, I was greeted with this:

This persisted through any movement and waiting for awhile in case it was still loading. Sufficient to say, my mayor's house was "flooded" with complaints! Thankfully after a couple refreshes of the webpage it finally loaded properly.

Next up, the star menu. So it does load it faster and closes faster than before, but it still pauses a little on either of those, and still continues to pause repeatedly every few seconds. As it was barely noticeable on the test version after this update, it would seem that the amount of stuff in the star menu does increase the problem. So it is slightly improved over pre-update, but still needs more work to be decently functional

The UI resizer does persist through refreshes, so that at least is working as intended as far as I can tell.

Overall, not as improved as I was hoping for, but some improvement is better than none.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Just tried opening the game after the 4.8.21 game maintenance

1. Could not log in for the first 15 times. Kept crashing saying lost connection
    2. Finally connected sort of
    3. Island appears as blue where nothing is built or taken up by static items on island
    4. Barracks won't open to queue up troop recruitment
    5. Cannot send out Explorers
    6. Chat issues fixed - there is no chat of any kind, therefore, as stated no issues
    7. these were the first things I looked at prior to losing server connection again
    8. Build queue won't open
    9. The only thing I seem to be able to do is pick up the collectibles

If this is the best your developers can do, you should have a clause in their contract that states:

"Anything that doesn't at least work as well as it did in the Flash and/or Client versions reduces the amount that we will pay you"

It drives our client base away from the game and reduces the revenue we are able to earn and you will be footing that bill either as a contractor or employee.
    Last edited by Juan2469; 08-04-21 at 01:53 pm. Reason: Additional issues encountered

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I am receiving the following message when attemptng to log into the server. I am also not able to log into test server.
    https://prnt.sc/1izeofj

I do notice my image and image above appears to have to have new red line above the player name. Is this something I have never noticed prior to this, but is also showing on the test server.

https://prnt.sc/1izhl39

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    still way too slow to send out explorers and geos - it was faster on the test server

nice to not have all those buildings pop up when sending though

also chat channels aren't working so when you make those work, usually everything slows down more - nvm about this - refreshed and chat is up now

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was going to say the same thing. It was a LOT faster on the test, i didnt have all the lagging that i still have now. When sending out Geo's or Explorers it never froze and you could send them out with ease. Mail also seemed faster there also. Maybe it was just a low server load on the test vs. the real game environment?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    So some feedback after the update: Well first of all when I logged in, I was greeted with this:

This persisted through any movement and waiting for awhile in case it was still loading. Sufficient to say, my mayor's house was "flooded" with complaints! Thankfully after a couple refreshes of the webpage it finally loaded properly.

Next up, the star menu. So it does load it faster and closes faster than before, but it still pauses a little on either of those, and still continues to pause repeatedly every few seconds. As it was barely noticeable on the test version after this update, it would seem that the amount of stuff in the star menu does increase the problem. So it is slightly improved over pre-update, but still needs more work to be decently functional

The UI resizer does persist through refreshes, so that at least is working as intended as far as I can tell.

Overall, not as improved as I was hoping for, but some improvement is better than none.

If this slowness is because of the amount of generals/geo and explorers were have - I have a suggestion that may help fix this. Let us move some of these we don't use to an inactive tab. For instance, I have 5 tavern generals, 5 loner generals, 4 field medics and 7 jolly geologists amongst others that I never use. No point in having those come up and take memory or whatever the issue is when I am not going to select them. Of course, I want to be able to move them back to the active tab if I ever need them but for 99% of the time half of these can be made inactive.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99799 View Post
    Any fix for the WebGL errors?
    Apparently not.

Still getting the error.

World
    Zeus
    Keep getting a connection error, it's been an hour. My wife had the same problem but it stopped after a few try's. Tried a different computer same problem. Thanks for making it worse!

Reply to Thread