Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Still unable to log in

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAGPILE View Post
    Followed instructions from http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/play...by-the-client/and was able to get the pre-unity client to work and successfully connect to my island (finally!!!).

After a few hours of play:

1. Performance did not appear to have degraded based on my recollection of the client before Unity.
    2. Successful island connection via the old client did not fix my Hammer Man connection issue in Unity (it persists).
    3. Tried the client fix only in Chrome - Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) and not on any other browser.
    4. No idea how long this "TSOlastBreath" Chrome extension client will last.

Thanks to all the players who posted the link in the forum! Am back, baby!
    Finally can login with the Client version but nothing on Unity since Aug 4th update

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

Players who have not been able to log in since August 4th - can you please report if you are able to log in now, after today's maintenance?

World
    Zeus
    I haven't been able to login since Unity went live. Tried again this morning and still can't. It's back to the "index out of bounds" error.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I haven't been able to login since Unity went live. Tried again this morning and still can't. It's back to the "index out of bounds" error.
    Could you please try now?

If you will still have the error, please share the screenshot here, or with me directly (PM).

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Hi all,
    Unity works now. tyvm BB

World
    Zeus
    Finally able to load the game after 28 days!

A+ for fixing the Hammer Man / No Connection to the Server bug...!

I hope that improvements continue and the game can get back to the state where we are attracting players to 'The Settlers Online' once again. Keep going!

Pteris, September 1, 2021

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone.

Players who have not been able to log in since August 4th - can you please report if you are able to log in now, after today's maintenance?
    Still no good

Edit: Oh wait it just resolved - Yay!!!

__

First Impressions & observations :
    • Can't select multiple mails to collect / delete with context menu
    • No influence area on buildings like xmas market / bakery or multi building buffs like Kitty Lure / Traps making placement difficult
    • Zoom area is too big to allow you to send generals from block positions in many maps without scrolling (Used to be able to see home island all at once, now only 2 wide 1.5 tall)
    • Cancelling quests like weekly which have timed out is very difficult now as you get no indication that it has cancelled for a few minutes
    • White glow over Stopped Production icons and other animations makes interface difficult to see properly and looks ... well... er bad
    • Generals being recalled ignore you....
    • Zone refreshing every few minutes halts the interface and changes like Enable/Disable Effects does not happen until then.
    • Zone refresh constantly brings up pop up of you have a new quest, but no indication of what that quest might be.

The game does not seem smooth or properly playable yet, but at least able to log in now. I suppose that is something :-/

Reply to Thread