Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: connection to server lost

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Where's the fix BB? I haven't been able to connect for 2 weeks now.

World
    Zeus
    Now I know how the poor Mac and Linux players felt for almost 3/4 of a year...

Except I am running a full 64 bit Windows 10 system on an Alienware Aurora R8!

Day 29 for no Avatar or Island for Pteris... Hammer Man and No Connection to the Server continues...

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

World
    Zeus
    Followed instructions from http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/play...by-the-client/and was able to get the pre-unity client to work and successfully connect to my island (finally!!!).

After a few hours of play:

1. Performance did not appear to have degraded based on my recollection of the client before Unity.
    2. Successful island connection via the old client did not fix my Hammer Man connection issue in Unity (it persists).
    3. Tried the client fix only in Chrome - Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) and not on any other browser.
    4. No idea how long this "TSOlastBreath" Chrome extension client will last.

Thanks to all the players who posted the link in the forum! Am back, baby!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So what's a working game that's a good alternative. The whole exercise post-Flash has been a joke. I haven't been able to do anything since 4 August despite trying everything on multiple computers and browsers. I'm just ready to cut my losses and move on to a competitors product. Never again.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Why won't BB let us play, with a fix, instead of forcing people to turn to a workaround? I just don't get it. I feel no sense of urgency

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I would love to know if you find a good alternative game! starting to feel like this is never going to be fixed

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hammerman still?.. after all this time? Ugh..

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronostheinsane View Post
    Hammerman still?.. after all this time? Ugh..
    Yes Kronos, people not being able to log in seems to be BB's solution to the other problems. The more of us that are unable to play, the less bug reports there will be from those that can.

No avatar, no island, no level, no resources and no game play.

But as Trafffer has simply "read all the messages you and other players sent to me regarding this issue." ... this apparently negates the need for any further interaction.

So for many of us the game is just stuck here and the state of no-play is the new status quo.

My game is still like this

It would have been nice to receive a courteous individual acknowledgement to support enquiries . . . Not happy Jan!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPool View Post
    Yes Kronos, people not being able to log in seems to be BB's solution to the other problems. The more of us that are unable to play, the less bug reports there will be from those that can.

No avatar, no island, no level, no resources and no game play.

But as Trafffer has simply "read all the messages you and other players sent to me regarding this issue." ... this apparently negates the need for any further interaction.

So for many of us the game is just stuck here and the state of no-play is the new status quo.

My game is still like this

It would have been nice to receive a courteous individual acknowledgement to support enquiries . . . Not happy Jan!
    I saw you posting on global chat yesterday - were you not playing?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I saw you posting on global chat yesterday - were you not playing?
    The only way for me to get back into the game at the moment is to use the old client version , OR to use another account on a different server.

Yes you did see me online for a few minutes yesterday when I was checking if the old client would work or not, It did. I was hoping this would reset something and then allow me to log in using unity - No Tested again today on a brand new PC. Yes can log in to NewFoundland server, no cannot log into Ares without hammerman.

Since the old client version wont include updates like the ability to run the Anniversary Event that BB talked about on September 6, I would say that those that tried the old client wouldn't be able to participate for long even if they did use that method.

Also note that in BB's updates to what they are doing in the Change Logs, there are no references to fixing this issue for a great number of us that are experiencing this issue.

Edit: Also reading further down that post line about using the old client. - BB doesn't want us to do that either. So I guess I will just sit things out while my interest in TSO diminishes and I look for another game.

Trafffer's post in this thread said to try other work arounds, so I had been trying every work around I could find. I thought yay when I saw that one, but then today boo when I see Trafffer says no to that work around.

Reply to Thread